Our problem is........ by takestock (Page 2 of 3)

James.uk
It's hard enuff trying to understand raistlin at times, but I can never understand anything Chartermark sez... :shock: :roll: :em: :em:

Any chance of appointing a forum interpreter? ;) :)

Posted 02 Oct 2010, 16:15 #21 

chrissyboy
ok paul i stand corrected,not being able to log in for ages i shouldnt of made that comment without seeing more .. to be honest i thought i was being shut out .
having read this i can see this site /club has a great chance of being a success. alot of common sense being spoken here .so a quick sorry for my mis guided comment . i myself have had enough of being put down on that other site .im not too good around cars ,but i have done something about that by being trained up by my mechanics in the diagnostics and being taught slowly about the repair side of things .i beleive im doing really well and the people trianing me do too ,so much so that they have offered to do my head gasket and also fit a new timing belt althoughi never needed one as it was done last year b ut as it will be all stripped down they are going to do the water pump and eveything else if it needs doing ..
anyway i wish this site well and hope it build up a good body of members that are quick to advise people in need of help in keep ing their car on the road ..
nothing like a good rover motor car ,as i said its nothing like a good rover motor car

Posted 03 Oct 2010, 21:41 #22 

MrB
Good to see you over here Chris

Also I love reading about your training.

Will have to get myself on a course at one of the local tecs some time soa s I can learn how to do more.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 03 Oct 2010, 21:44 #23 

raistlin
Great to see you over here Chris :) and always good news to hear that somebody is doing well :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 03 Oct 2010, 22:07 #24 

kandyman
Good to see you finally got sorted out on here Chris.

Posted 03 Oct 2010, 22:28 #25 

Chartermark
James.uk wrote:It's hard enuff trying to understand raistlin at times, but I can never understand anything Chartermark sez... :shock: :roll: :em: :em:

Sorry to have caused you so much trouble.

Simple to remedy James I won't be troubling any more

Over AND Out ....

Posted 04 Oct 2010, 14:41 #26 

Bermudan 75
OOOhhhhh look what you have done now James............ I will pm Chartermark, innit

Posted 04 Oct 2010, 15:23 #27 

Zeb
I do hope you haven't taken REAL offence at James' tongue-in-cheek comments Martin... :? I cannot imagine James ever meaning to offend anyone......well, except 1.8 owners.. :shock:

We'd be lost without you Martin....AND you James.....

You two are like the Yin and Yang of the forum... :cheers:

Posted 04 Oct 2010, 15:51 #28 

Bermudan 75
:iagree:

:cheers:

Posted 04 Oct 2010, 16:01 #29 

chrissyboy
hi guys did you know that there is a new head gasket out .. its the one the chinese are using in the rovers they are making .. a bit dear though i was quoted £160 from uni part today ,but it is the entire kit .. was toying with the idea of having it fitted to my car but think now i will use the tested and trusted mls one ..car gets done tomorrow.. cant wait to see what the old gasket looks like.. i believe it has just a tiny crack between cylinders 3 and 4 ..
nothing like a good rover motor car ,as i said its nothing like a good rover motor car

Posted 04 Oct 2010, 17:13 #30 

takestock
You may not even be able to see it Chris, nice to see you found your way here by the way ;)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 04 Oct 2010, 17:33 #31 

chrissyboy
takestock wrote:You may not even be able to see it Chris, nice to see you found your way here by the way ;)

hi dave, yeah that sat nav got me lost :mrgreen:

Posted 04 Oct 2010, 18:09 #32 

chrissyboy
MrB wrote:Good to see you over here Chris

Also I love reading about your training.

Will have to get myself on a course at one of the local tecs some time soa s I can learn how to do more.

well mrb your be able to read another one on wednesday following my lesson :mrgreen: ,i go in at 8 and at 5 the guy is there for the training .he is brilliant ,he also lectures on the diagnostics and is a mobile repairer,he also goes round garages diagnosting cars they cant fix ..and yes like the mcdonalds ad on tv ... im luvin it :mrgreen:

Posted 04 Oct 2010, 21:16 #33 

James.uk
Hiya Martin.. (Chartermark) I was only joking? :em: And certainly did not mean to cause any offense. I really am sorry if I did so.. :em:

Have one on me.. :cheers: .. :D

Posted 04 Oct 2010, 23:05 #34 

Dave Goody
James.uk wrote:It's hard enuff trying to understand raistlin at times, but I can never understand anything Chartermark sez... :shock: :roll: :em: :em:

Well myself and Martin had lunch together last week and I actually understood every word he said?
I will try and organise an interpreter for you.
The interpreter said, "Wot you talkin abart don u unerstand inglish
is the nacional langwidge innit " Hows that? Dave :D

Posted 04 Oct 2010, 23:19 #35 

Chartermark
James.uk wrote:Hiya Martin.. (Chartermark) I was only joking? :em: And certainly did not mean to cause any offense. I really am sorry if I did so.. :em:

Thank you for your response James. Recently another member on the other side, presented similarly to your comment. It was also mentioned by others this past weekend, at the Midlands Nano meet.

So perhaps you all have a point? Unfortunately my age distresses change, particularly in the way I present the written word after all these years.

This evidently annoys people, and seems to motivate both critical comment and innuendo, albeit 'tongue in cheek' as you have so graciously explained.

I've therefore determined, that rather to linger and incite angst, it's better to withdraw from expression.

Finally may I apologise to others whom I may have bored since May.

Martin

Posted 05 Oct 2010, 18:09 #36 

Zeb
Martin! Now just stop all this 'I am going' talk..! You sir are NOT to be going anywhere! Your posts are always interesting, insightful, full of marvellous expression that I could only ever hope to emulate and on top of it all you are a thoroughly decent chap who we would most definitely NOT want to lose. Now, I shall be looking forward to your future postings just as I have always done.....and I am sure you would not want to disappoint an old friend now would you?

Posted 05 Oct 2010, 18:16 #37 

Last edited by Zeb on 05 Oct 2010, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.

takestock
Chartermark wrote:
James.uk wrote:Hiya Martin.. (Chartermark) I was only joking? :em: And certainly did not mean to cause any offense. I really am sorry if I did so.. :em:

Thank you for your response James. Recently another member on the other side, presented similarly to your comment. It was also mentioned by others this past weekend, at the Midlands Nano meet.

So perhaps you all have a point? Unfortunately my age distresses change, particularly in the way I present the written word after all these years.

This evidently annoys people, and seems to motivate both critical comment and innuendo, albeit 'tongue in cheek' as you have so graciously explained.

I've therefore determined, that rather to linger and incite angst, it's better to withdraw from expression.

Finally may I apologise to others whom I may have bored since May.

Martin

Hi Martin, having met you for the first time at the nano i would be everso disapointed if you withdrew, I was one who mentioned that i had to google some of your terminology, but i have to do that with Zeb and James.

Anyway your not alowed to leave if you owe someone a favour and we took Lewis and yourself back to the hotel on Sat night :D

Keep well my new friend
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 05 Oct 2010, 18:37 #38 

Bartonrover
Zeb wrote:Martin! Now just stop all this 'I am going' talk..! You sir are NOT to be going anywhere! Your posts are always interesting, insightful, full of marvellous expression that I could only ever hope to emulate and on top of it all you are a thoroughly decent chap ....

Hear! hear! "For what says Quinapalus, Zeb?: 'Better a witty fool than a foolish wit'!"

Posted 05 Oct 2010, 18:44 #39 

raistlin
Martin :iagree: PM sent.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 05 Oct 2010, 19:00 #40