Orange by Geoffrey

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Geoffrey
I've just been charged 49 euros for the privilege of being told that the Orange provider was out of action - hence my difficulty contacting the site. After requesting compensation, my complaints were met with the helpful response: 'Your April invoice will tell you whether your complaint has been upheld or not'.
There have been five or six other occasions on which I haven"t been able to access the club site !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
G

Posted 23 Mar 2011, 21:23 #1 

takestock
Evening Geoffrey, sounds a stange way of conducting business? why can they not tell you of the decision and inform you of the appeals procedure if your request has not been upheld?.

Glad to see you posting again :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 23 Mar 2011, 21:26 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Change service provider?

Posted 23 Mar 2011, 21:38 #3 

Geoffrey
I'm thinking very seriously about changing providers, although it's going to mean a lot of extra work informing people, etc etc etc.
G

Posted 23 Mar 2011, 22:02 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Geoffrey wrote:I'm thinking very seriously about changing providers, although it's going to mean a lot of extra work informing people, etc etc etc.
G

It's the simplest thing you can do to inform everybody you have a new email address. Once you have the new setup, one email to your entire address book. That's it. Your new address is on the email. Of course there will companies such as gas, electricity etc. that will require you accessing your account on line and updating your details, a few moments each one.
If, as I suspect, you're are disenchanted with the Orange service, just bite the bullet and get on with it. You will have to phone orange and ask for your MAC once you have got that you would contact new provider and set up the new account. Then go back to Orange and tell them to close your account on or about the date your new service comes online.
It's much less of a hassle than the providers would have us believe, it will also possibly invoke a reduction in costs by your existing provider as they try to keep your business, which you may try playing off against your new provider.

Posted 23 Mar 2011, 22:17 #5