Only the civil service... by raistlin

raistlin
... could be so crass.

I was checking my employment details the other day on the CS intranet and a pop up told me I was required to update my details.

Following the link I arrived at a page which proudly proclaimed that I had not UPDATED my ETHNICITY details for two years.

I went into a panic, I really did. Maybe I'd changed colour without realising it. I suddenly remembered my increasing liking for Bhangra and Reggae and wondered whether there might not be serious implications.

I asked trusted colleagues whether I looked a different colour or whether my facial features had changed. Perhaps I had gone through some sort of metempsychosis without realising it.

Looking down the list of possible answers to the question, I somewhat less than confidently chose 'white', oddly enough, the same definition I had chosen when I first joined the CS, 15 years ago.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 15 Aug 2010, 16:34 #1 

starbug2
its a mad mad world :panic: :iagree:

Posted 15 Aug 2010, 16:44 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I only answer that sort of question by writing ENGLISH in very large letters across the page. I realise you can't do that on line which is actually a shame as I very often feel discriminated against.
The options:- English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish are never available. :confused:

Posted 15 Aug 2010, 16:51 #3 

starbug2
Mick wrote:I only answer that sort of question by writing ENGLISH in very large letters across the page. I realise you can't do that on line which is actually a shame as I very often feel discriminated against.
The options:- English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish are never available. :confused:

some may be jedi or klingon :lol:

Posted 15 Aug 2010, 17:06 #4 

Dave
starbug2 wrote:
Mick wrote:I only answer that sort of question by writing ENGLISH in very large letters across the page. I realise you can't do that on line which is actually a shame as I very often feel discriminated against.

some may be jedi or klingon :lol:

I believe that many people put this down under "Religion" at the last census!

(I also heard that the census is to be abandoned? :confused: )

Posted 15 Aug 2010, 17:09 #5