One for the wiring experts by paul d

paul d
Help please

Am hoping to get my ultrasonics sorted in the near future but seem to have come up against an anomaly in the wiring.

Acording to the wiring diagram in RAVE the 4 wires into the Ultrasonic module should be pins 1 Black(earth) 2 Black(earth) 3 Pink/Green(BCU (Body Control Unit) pin 31) 4 Pink Yellow(BCU pin 15)

BUT

According to the connector diagram it shows pin 1 Pink/Yellow 2 Black 3 Pink/Green 4 Pink/Yellow

Could somebody with a little more knowledge than me tell me if i'm reading things wrong, being thick % missing something obvious or there is a discrepancy in RAVE & what the correct wiring should be.

All info is greatfully recieved & appriciated.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Paul

Posted 18 Nov 2013, 22:14 #1 

Bolin
I'm pretty sure that the difference is due to there being two different ultrasonic units used - early ones were the 'Rover toblerone' type fitted above the RH B-post, the later type was the 'BMW square box' type fitted in the centre of the headlining.

The wiring diagram showing 2 Black wires should be correct for the 'BMW square-box' type.

The connector diagram showing 2 Pink/Yellow wires should be correct for the 'Rover toblerone' type.

See my how to, which is posted on the OC and Enthusiasts sites - I don't think I posted it here as I had problems with the photos.

Posted 19 Nov 2013, 00:12 #2 

paul d
Top man.

It's the BMW type i've got so will check out the how to.

Regards

Paul

Posted 19 Nov 2013, 03:36 #3 

dattrike
paul d wrote:Top man.

Regards

Paul

Posted Today, 03:36

Blooming heck, shouldn't you be sleeping then :-D :-D :bed:

Posted 19 Nov 2013, 16:34 #4 

Bermudan 75
dattrike wrote:
paul d wrote:Top man.

Regards

Paul

Posted Today, 03:36

Blooming heck, shouldn't you be sleeping then :-D :-D :bed:

More likely to be evidence of 24 hour pub opening times..... :cheers:

Cheers

Mike

Posted 20 Nov 2013, 13:43 #5 

Duncan
Yes, I agree with the reasons for the difference. I found the same when trying to do mine (older style one).

Posted 20 Nov 2013, 19:44 #6