One for Mick :-) by DaveyC

DaveyC
After speaking to Mick at the last Four Ashes Nano back in the summer, I have finally got round to changing the trims on my rear doors which had started to corrode and were letting the look of the interior down.

So it was looking like this:

After getting the door cards off, both sides and removing the trims they looked a lot worse than they did one the surface:

I had the replacement trims from a 54 plate ZTT I am breaking (written off due to a big rear ended).

So now the trims look at they should and a big thanks to Mick for his how to and for explaining how to remove the trims and refit, its much appreciated.

New door cards also fitted, along with the seats, etc.

Had a busy weekend and also finished off my piano black dash (just the crome trims left to fit when they arrive).

Also updated the look of the clocks and upgraded to the message centre clocks.....

I now have some more experience of jobs, so will be able to offer more help at future nano's.

Hope you like the look.

Dave :-)

Posted 04 Feb 2014, 07:36 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Not this Mick.

Looking great Dave. :)

Posted 04 Feb 2014, 10:31 #2 

DaveyC
Mick wrote:Not this Mick.

Thanks. It was a bit of a learning curve LOL. I think it was worth it though.

Posted 04 Feb 2014, 18:56 #3 

Bolin
Dash looks brilliant :)

Posted 04 Feb 2014, 19:33 #4 

DaveyC
Bolin wrote:Dash looks brilliant :)

Cheers. I now have the chrome vent surrounds to go on at the weekend, so it should look even better :-)

Posted 04 Feb 2014, 20:18 #5 

woolleysox
Looks good I had to replace my window trims. You can still purchase the trims from Rimmers but they are for the long wheel base car so have to be cut down. They do have one side for the standard car but costs a fortune by comparison.
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 04 Feb 2014, 20:40 #6 

Bermudan 75
Mick wrote:Not this Mick.

Methinks it was me....

Glad my 'How To' has been of use.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 05 Feb 2014, 23:05 #7 

DaveyC
Yes Mike, sorry. Its was meant for you. Thanks for the pointers at the Nano, it was invaluable info. I'm a dab hand at door card removal now :-)

I even managed to add tweeters in my rear doors, which was begging to be done, as I had all the bits from another car.

Dave :-)

Posted 06 Feb 2014, 07:48 #8 

akaangus
Hi, How do you upgrade to the message centre? Dash look very smart!

Posted 06 Feb 2014, 10:48 #9 

DaveyC
You can use one from any 75 / ZT. Does not matter if its diesel, V6 or 1.8 (not a V8 though). Face dials will need to be appropriate for your engine (diesel rpm is less and fuel gauge says diesel). The IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German)) will then need to be virginised (I used Marina Brian on the OC). The highline IPK can they be fitted by someone with a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) and hey presto. The indicator stalk needs changing to one with the button on (5 minute job). Just don't fit the new clocks before you get them T4'd.

Posted 06 Feb 2014, 17:40 #10