On the lookout for a ZT-T. by Duncan

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Duncan
Well after a bit of a false start earlier this year, we may be looking for a car again. Originally an F / TF was on the cards, but minds change and all that.

So, she has now seen a ZT-T in 'that mushroom colour' which I reckon is actually Xpower grey. I know. So if anyone sees something midlands ish let me know. I reckon diesels will be a bit steep, so a V6 is probably what we will go for. Autos seem rare, but maybe better than a manual as I'd have to do the clutch straight away to make it light enough. Colour will be important, though I'm not sure of anything other than ignition and trophy blue are not options. Needs to be low mileage as it's replacing a low mileage 45. Again, I know 75s and ZTs will take the miles, but it's not me that needs to be convinced.

Of course if anyone has a ZTT 260 for less than 3k, I'll happily pretend it's a V6.

Not in any kind of rush, unless there's something particularly good comes up.

Posted 28 Sep 2012, 17:45 #1 

Duncan
So a couple of developments already. That mushroom colour isn't xpower grey. We had a look at a saloon yeterday and the colour she saw was more brown than that. So anyone have a good library of colours so we can figure out which ones are on the list?

Posted 30 Sep 2012, 09:47 #2 

JakeWilson
Could it be Chatsworth as per this:

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/clas ... rer/353712

Posted 30 Sep 2012, 13:31 #3 

Duncan
Thanks. Apparently it may be. Were ZT-Ts made in this colour? If so I bet they are hens teeth.

Posted 30 Sep 2012, 15:47 #4 

ksilver
I think there's 75 V8 saloon with LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) on auto trader in chatsworth

Posted 30 Sep 2012, 16:53 #5 

Duncan
Why did you have to tell me that? Mind you I'm kind of surprised as it's not been ruled out and may go and see it. I'm not worried about the mileage, but there was a sucking of air when I mentioned it. Anyone else think it's a problem mileage for a 260?

Posted 30 Sep 2012, 17:18 #6 

Trebor
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 30 Sep 2012, 17:56 #7 

Duncan
Nice car too Rob. I like the interior on that, and doesn't break the bank. May be worth a look, though it's a distance if their description is 'hopeful'. Anyone know the dealer?

Posted 30 Sep 2012, 18:33 #8 

Arctic
(Trader)
Duncan wrote:So a couple of developments already. That mushroom colour isn't xpower grey. We had a look at a saloon yeterday and the colour she saw was more brown than that. So anyone have a good library of colours so we can figure out which ones are on the list?

Pewter Grey,Tundra Gray but i think that is face lift colour, Tempest Grey
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=20831
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 02 Oct 2012, 01:49 #9 

Duncan
Thanks Steve, but you have to be a member to view that on the OC. I just get a message saying I can't view it.

Posted 02 Oct 2012, 06:44 #10 

Duncan
How about this one? 2005 and under 80k. Depends on the reserve price. Anyone know it or near to it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... TQ:GB:1123

Posted 04 Oct 2012, 18:04 #11 

Last edited by Duncan on 04 Oct 2012, 18:39, edited 1 time in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
Duncan wrote:How about this one? 2005 and under 80k. Depends on the reserve price. Anyone know it or near to it?

Need a link. ;)

Posted 04 Oct 2012, 18:30 #12 

Duncan
Mick wrote:
Duncan wrote:How about this one? 2005 and under 80k. Depends on the reserve price. Anyone know it or near to it?

Need a link. ;)

Doh. Added.

Posted 04 Oct 2012, 18:39 #13 

Duncan
Pretty sure it's one that was for sale on .org last year. Spec, age, mileage, work all add up. Have sent a message and email to the previous owner, see if they have any info.

Posted 04 Oct 2012, 18:40 #14 

Duncan
The Chatsworth V8 saloon has moved again. Now at a Dealer in Stoke, so still close to me (well Kidsgrove actually). Anyone care to sub me so I can buy it? I'll tell her it was only £2k.

Posted 04 Oct 2012, 21:26 #15 

MrDoodles
Duncan wrote:The Chatsworth V8 saloon has moved again. Now at a Dealer in Stoke, so still close to me (well Kidsgrove actually). Anyone care to sub me so I can buy it? I'll tell her it was only £2k.

Would anyone pay more than £2,500 for ANY Rover 75 that's done 130,000 miles though?
:confused:

Posted 04 Oct 2012, 21:34 #16 

Duncan
Went to look at the Chatsworth V8. Car looks well enough and belies it's high miles. Discs could do with replacement, and who in their right mind would put Wanli ditchfinders on a beast like this. Few stone chips in the bumper and a bit of a smeall of damp in the rea / boot. But Chatsworth isn't the colour, and I just couldn't take to it.

Starting to wonder if I shouldn't just LPG my existing V6 and use it more.

Posted 05 Oct 2012, 20:13 #17