Old Skool nano-meet by raistlin

raistlin
Had an old skool nano-meet at my house this weekend and thanks to Duncan's generosity and Rob's ability, I now have an FBH (Fuel burning heater.) which doesn't sound like a VC10 taking off :) Rob managed to fit exhaust silencers on both our cars.

Rob also worked his magic on VeeKay and as usual, once he'd finished, I remembered once again why I like Wedgwood blue :D

So, VeeKay was sorted out and all I did was provide coffees for Rob, Mick, Steve, Lyndon and myself.

Mind you, I have some work to do on Rob's car in the near future :) He was unlucky in that neither of his tasks got completed :(

Steve got a new updated chip for his Ultimate Remote and it seems to have cured the intermittent gremlin when used with the OEM key-fob. Poor old Rob fitted the last chip I had in stock, only to find that it was a dud :(

Don't despair mate, all will be sorted ASAP.

To finish off we had a pint or two at Four Ashes using the excuse of a nano-meet elders meeting ;)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 23 Apr 2011, 20:20 #1 

Last edited by raistlin on 24 Apr 2011, 11:07, edited 3 times in total.

wide load
Hi Paul, I finished off my tow bar today, cheers for the piggy back connector, just the job. Thanks for your hospitality Mate.
See you soon.
Mick.

Posted 23 Apr 2011, 20:49 #2 

Duncan
I was there in spirit, if not in person. Would have loved to be there, but I have so much catching up at home to do.

Glad it went well! But in spite of everything, we need to make sure that Christine is kept happy. After all we have all seen the film, and the last thing I need is a black 75 facelift after me......

Posted 23 Apr 2011, 21:30 #3 

raistlin
wide load wrote:Hi Paul, I finished off my tow bar today, cheers for the piggy back connector, just the job. Thanks for your hospitality Mate.
See you soon.
Mick.

Pleased you found some cable Mick.

Don't worry about replacing the Add-a-Circuit fuse holder. I need to replenish my stock before the next nano-meet so I'll order a dozen.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 23 Apr 2011, 22:26 #4 

Trebor
yes it was a very enjoyable meet and nice to go back to where it all started, with us having a nano at the Teddy Bears nursery not too long ago too, i do hope we keep the old venues from time to time as well as the Ashes as they all offer something different.

Pauls car always cleans up well and looks a treat when finished, as well as the 2 FBH exhausts fitted, i did also manage to cure a long standing problem on mine although not needed until the weather gets colder - heated seats. Mine always switch off after 15 minutes and wont come back on unless the ignition is restarted - it has been annoying me for ever anmd all down to a timer in the heated switch itself. My solution is to use a cruise switch with a relay and swop over the switch fronts so the cruise switch actiually looks like a heated seat switch when located in the dash, its quite a simple mod for anyone with the same problem once you know which wires to use from the existing heated seat switch, when i do the passenger side i may well do a how to. I have also fitted new 45 degree thermostats and the seats are now much better all round ( i do have some 50 degrees which i may test at some point but they may be too hot so a bit wary )

The weather at the meet was also fantastic and the adjournment to the pub to finish off was a perfect end to the day, must also thank Pauls wife Marion who always looks after us with food and drink and says we are like an extended family which is really nice.
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 24 Apr 2011, 09:11 #5 

Wolves 75
Yep very nice, took me back to the first one I attended at Paul's, the idea of retiring to the Ashes was genius though, roll on the next one.....:)

Posted 24 Apr 2011, 10:20 #6