oh no ive gone blue on the club by jamesgreen (Page 1 of 3)

jamesgreen
well after all the goings on over tother side i have decided not to renew my subscription.
various reason mainly been they dont deliver the goods as promoised,i am not really bothered with the forum for subscribed users,and i thinks there are taking the michael charging for something that the members promote and add content to.
Or am i just been a scrudge and not wanting to couch up a tenner.
I am that tight that i have decided to put a donation into the community site,instead of tother side.
well thats my rant for today.
if any one got tickets for goodwood tommorow will see you there taking the zt out for a spin.and get some picys of the mg6. :fosg: :fosg: :stirer: :em: :em:

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 20:04 #1 

Zeb
I am sure the money will be well received here and made use of in the best interests of the members - in an open and transparent way. :)

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 20:08 #2 

Pedro
I'm due to go 'blue' in the club in mid August and will probably stay that way. What would have been my next year's club sub has already been donated to the community.
Peter

If all else fails......read the instructions.

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 20:25 #3 

SpongeBob
Very kind of you to make a donation James and Peter. Although we do not wish members to "chose" sides so whatever decision you make is entirely yours! ;) :)

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 20:27 #4 

Duncan
Pedro wrote:I'm due to go 'blue' in the club in mid August and will probably stay that way. What would have been my next year's club sub has already been donated to the community.

Likewise, even though not due 'til next year.

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 20:34 #5 

jamesgreen
IT CERTAINLY ISNT MY DECISION by the pompous and rude atitude of certain people on there i feel unable to support there pockets.Who will benifit from the resto of s525.What do i get from the club for my tenner not a lot me thinks
I find it hard to belive that they claim it is run for the members when they are pocketing all those subs for what ,,,,,oh a envelope with a load of tat stickers and a tax disc that no one can read from the outside of the car and an imitation credit card membership thingy ma gig
Absalobte garbage. :bed: :bed:

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 20:39 #6 

raistlin
Having seen comments from some members of that forum earlier today, I have decided not to have any further involvement with them.

I too, will donate the cost of my "membership" to this forum when it falls due over there.

Not that I won't donate before I 'go blue' as it were, but the donation of the club membership fee to this forum on the precise date will have a certain cathartic significance for me. :)

Like a lot of people, I put a lot of time and effort into that forum but I no longer feel welcome and I'm sure will not be missed.

Onwards and upwards however :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 20:42 #7 

starbug2
raistlin wrote:Having seen comments from some members of that forum earlier today, I have decided not to have any further involvement with them.

I too, will donate the cost of my "membership" to this forum when it falls due over there.

Not that I won't donate before I 'go blue' as it were, but the donation of the club membership fee to this forum on the precise date will have a certain cathartic significance for me. :)

Like a lot of people, I put a lot of time and effort into that forum but I no longer feel welcome and I'm sure will not be missed.

Onwards and upwards however :)

i'll miss you :cheers: . i don't fully know just what the smeg is going on but i hope that things will be better soon . i guess my being but a small fry in the club means much of the behind the scenes stuff is not known to me but a lot of folk are up in arms over stuff even i can see . i have spent far to much money and effort on my car to give up now , even with the owners club :cheers: i hope....
ttfn
Stephen starbug2

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 20:54 #8 

takestock
Well i never intended to leave, until I was insulted by a director with no cause to. It is true to say i received a PM to appologise but he did not send a PM to insult me, he did it on open forum. I haven't posted since the 12th June, nobody seems to have noticed. :confused:

Maybe I'm still sulking. I'm not sure, I just have no inclination to post there. It is a bit of a cleft stick when I see the wrong advice being given :hissyfit:

Another insult in my eyes was the failure to acknowledge the tech info us mere members gave free of charge, I think the statement was our Tech team is still intact. really bugged me. See how i feel over time but thats my 2d worth.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 21:12 #9 

JohnDotCom
Well we all appreciate all the work and advice you have given freely to both Club and Community Dave.
The insult you received shocked me and I think any apology should have been posted on the Forums not secretly in a PM.
It would of course be their and the members loss by your absence to say nothing of the Donations and VIS (Variable Intake System) tester etc you gave to the Club.

More Tech help has been given by members than "Most" of the Tech advisors IMHO in that barbed comment.

I know I can speak on behalf of all the Crew and members here that you are always more than welcome here mate.
As of course are everyone else, we never set out to replace the Club but to run alongside and offer a alternative approach and help for....Free.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 21:23 #10 

Cowley_MOA
takestock wrote:Well i never intended to leave, until I was insulted by a director with no cause to. It is true to say i received a PM to appologise but he did not send a PM to insult me, he did it on open forum. I haven't posted since the 12th June, nobody seems to have noticed. :confused:

Maybe I'm still sulking. I'm not sure, I just have no inclination to post there. It is a bit of a cleft stick when I see the wrong advice being given :hissyfit:

Another insult in my eyes was the failure to acknowledge the tech info us mere members gave free of charge, I think the statement was our Tech team is still intact. really bugged me. See how i feel over time but thats my 2d worth.

Considering all of the effort you and others put into the club yet it seems that no one takes any notice when you and others stop posting. It's nice to be appreciated isn't it!

I am afraid I am beginning to think that I won't renew my Traders Subs. on the other side. If I decide not to then they lose out on £65.00.

My 'problem' as it were is not with the members as they are great and friendly people I have also had the benefit of meeting quite a few of them. I dislike the way the Directors have once again abandoned the club and are leaving a team of rookie moderators to run it, I think they are doing a fantastic job considering the circumstances.
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 21:25 #11 

Mike
raistlin wrote:Having seen comments from some members of that forum earlier today, I have decided not to have any further involvement with them.

some very strange postings going on at the moment. Wish they'd stick to the cars and owners...........

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 21:37 #12 

Duncan
takestock wrote:Well i never intended to leave, until I was insulted by a director with no cause to. It is true to say i received a PM to appologise but he did not send a PM to insult me, he did it on open forum. I haven't posted since the 12th June, nobody seems to have noticed. :confused:

These were precisely the reasons for me stopping taking part over there. The insult to you Dave (and I said on the thread) and the 'tech team intact' comment. Likewise, no-one has noticed or cares.

Not sure what has upset Paul today, but it's a pity they have appear to have lost him.

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 21:37 #13 

Dallas
Its a real shame that people can act like what is happening over there, there are some folk that appear to be trouble makers if you ask me (seem to move the goal posts).

I was wanting to go RED again but not really sure, I have learnt alot about the 75 and had some great help from members over there in this past year (also saved some money with the help I've received) :thumbsup: just cant believe the self destruction that is going on with what was a good club.

................... hope that they can overcome and find the problem/problems that need to be addressed.....

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 21:43 #14 

Last edited by Dallas on 30 Jun 2010, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.

raistlin
takestock wrote:I haven't posted since the 12th June, nobody seems to have noticed. :confused:

Don't you believe it OB. :D

The disgraceful behaviour towards you from of one of the owners of that forum is part of the cumulative reasons why I've decided it's not the place for me anymore.

Mind you, having been on the receiving end of his insults myself, I find that I am, sadly, not surprised.

I'm not the only long-term and prolific member who has discovered the fabled straw with which the camel's back was broken today either, but I'm sure he'll make mention as he sees fit. :)

Ordinarily, I'd have been content to remain a thorn in the side but I have to admit to having realized that I have a life, departure seemed the logical thing to do. The fact that my grammar was criticized by an individual who seems barely able to string two words together, and those grossly mangled, have had nothing to do with it of course ;) :lol:
Paul

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 21:51 #15 

RRobson
i have left it until now to expres any type of opinion about this matter due to two reasons
1 - i am, in reality, a shiny new member to the other side and know only a handful of people, let alone actually met them. so any opinion shown is quickly swept under the carpet and completly disregarded
2 - someone who rarely takes sides and observes the whole picture, considering all eventualities before comitting to either party.

by taking this back seat rol, the one main thing that springs to mind is, what would you have done if this 'forum' haddnt been put into place?

i have decided to place forum in inverted commas as this is really a virtual social gathering. im not taking anything away from the fact that there are many members who have a wealth of knowledge, and an if i had a problem it would be quickly sorted, so i know this will continue to be a helpful site, but generally if there is a problem, it is posted on the other side.

so back to the point, if this was not here, what would members have done? i know the answer and it would be one of three things
1 - continue to contribute and put the whole thing aside, with or without dislike to the management
2 - continue to use the forum for what it is but no longer pay subs in protest to the management
3 - completly detach yourself from the site and use it only for information, and possibly joining the other other site.

this has been a good place to start fresh, and has helped masively to settle this issue, which was further helped by admin being so open about the whole situation, which we are all thankful about. but the one thing i still cant understand is why people still feel bitter about it? i mean, if the split hadnt occured, then everyone would continue to to pay subs and be safe in the knowledge that their money is helping such a great club stay afloat? but since then all people can complain about is that none of the money is giong back into the club. a month ago, no-one could really care less where it went, so why start now? especially now you are part of this site as well. it was your choice at the very start of your membership and all reds decided to give a little, so the sudden change of heart was brought on by realisation, which has always been there.

in your particular case dave, you were publically humiliated, which is totally the wrong way to go about things, and was tossed aside when the public explaination was posted, which again is totally selfish when you consider you have been involved for nearly 4 years, but i feel you may be taking it a little too far. after all, you were helping 1000's of people, not the management. all they have done is put all that information on a plate and allowed everyone and his dog to feed from it. so with this in mind, you can be as angry all you like but to them, all you always have been is an information sorce that they can pick information from at any time, much like a book which can be thrown away whenever a new edition has been brought out. now i understand everyone has their own healing time, but i feel you need to quickly pick yourself up, as they obviously couldnt care less about you, and everyone else for that matter.
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 21:57 #16 

Duncan
Had to go and find what the fuss was about.

Good job I've stopped posting as I would have got myself banned anyway over that thread.

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 22:05 #17 

Duncan
I understand your point about 'what would you have done' but in fact I had already had a couple of weeks break from the other forum, after at least one of the members insulted my family. I did wonder about whether this was letting the few spoil it for the many, but there are so many other things have happened some of which co-incided with this place starting, it just seemed the right thing to join here. Since then, apart from not really having time to post the same answers twice in two places, I just felt happier here.

So I would probably have left altogether, carried on with my car and kept in contact with some friends I have made through this (who happen to be around here too) and found another thing to burn my time doing. Either VW Sciroccos, or back to the Minor owners forum.

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 22:24 #18 

RRobson
yes, i totaly agree with how you feel, i hate repeating the same point but to older members, the club has got a very different feeling now this has occured. each individual will have their own thoughts and reasons for either continuing to suport the club or not, but i was trying to get the point about money always being an issue, not just all of a sudden like it appears to be.

i know i made the right desicion joing this, but it isnt going to stop me from supporting the members of the other site. i have a little information to give, which has been shared with this site also, but for many members, the owners club was used for a handful of problems, which once sorted meant there was no requirement to continue using it, other than for social reasons. this also makes the change or the desicion to leave much easier as people in this situation have no reason to continue using it.
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 22:33 #19 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:So I would probably have left altogether, carried on with my car and kept in contact with some friends I have made through this (who happen to be around here too) and found another thing to burn my time doing.

Owing to the corrosive cumulative effect of the way things were, indeed are, going, I'd have come to the same conclusion I think Duncan.

I have to say though, that the money aspect, in and of itself, wasn't anything to do with my concerns.
Paul

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 22:36 #20