oh no ive gone blue on the club by jamesgreen (Page 2 of 3)

JohnDotCom
No one at any time on here have asked any members to choose which Club/Community or Forum to use/support,
that of course is a personal choice, (well for some anyway :roll: ).
But some as mentioned have their own reasons for not wanting to support and others keep these thoughts/reasons private and to themselves.

In a ideal world all the Forums could run side by side as that is what we hoped for on starting this one,
but in some instances this has been made impossible and not always by other members either.

There are many Forums for the ZT and 75 around the World, and all should have their part to play,
what we offer here is a Community run in a friendly spirit with minimal rules and all for Free, long may it continue.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 22:44 #21 

1gp
well all i can say is, anyone that comes over here is in good hands , and i speak for every member on here, what i have seen up to now is, that everyone is here to help each other out , and the aim is to keep our cars on the road . everyone gets on and i for one will help any member out who is in need. i will be going blue shortly . how i see the other side is ,its a company , and if your not in the click then certain people dont want to know you. it blows my mind how people can abuse other members, and get away with it ...... theres only one way this site is going thats forward ....... :thumbsup:

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 22:48 #22 

Mad-Monkey
I have absolutely no idea what has gone on, and to be honest I'm not overly fussed. It was at the point I was only ever checking the "for sale" section and threads from known members, this was long before any of the current trouble started. The club lost its friendly atmosphere long ago in my eyes, and I did debate whether renewing my subscription was even worth it, but with the money I saved in help from the members I decided I would renew.

Most of my posts are usually asking for information or help, and I am first to confess that I am usually quite shy in offering advice incase I post an error. I post a little bit of help now and again. Hopefully the information I receive from members will be given back eventually, such as in the ZCS code calculations.

One thing that did bug me about the club was what seemed little support to members working on projects such as the door finishers and vis motors. There are quite a few members working on different projects in the background and although many do it for the love of the car or hobby, its good to know there are members with the knowledge out there. When the club starts to lose its members it loses the wealth of information they had, regardless of how-to's and "technical team". I know there are several members working on recoding 2nd hand parts, key coding, EWS (Engine immobiliser (EWS from the German, Elektronik WegfahrSicherung)) and security, and coding in general. As well as all the members that have 1st hand experience of doing maintenance and jobs on the car.

Look at the stuff takestock does with vis motors, raistlin with his electrickery, trebor and raistlin with the nano-meets, and I know there are other members so sorry I didn't mention you :)

I agree that the community is quite a social thing at the moment, but the information in this tight group of members is outstanding! The dupe posts are no different to the dupe posts on .org and the 75andztclub, and members will bring their problems! :)

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 23:07 #23 

Dallas
Totally agree with you 1gp,

..............seems to be hard to fit in on the other-side, newbies dont seem to get a look in....

It should be as you say 'helping each other out to keep our cars on the road' this is what I will do as and when I can, plus the social side is an added bonus for all us guys and girls to past the time and have a good old chat (natter).....

..................... but I'm sure there may be disagreements on here also at some point, but IF this happens we need to go straight to the cooling lounge and chill...... :sleep:

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 23:13 #24 

Zeb
I have been trying hard not to say too much about t'other forum over here...I say enough over there....and feel like a social outcast for daring to ask perfectly legitimate and reasonable questions....the answers to which are important and might lay to rest some of the discontent. I do not feel the need to explain myself here, my questions and comments on the club forum have made my concerns perfectly clear to anyone who wants to listen - rather than shoving their fingers in their ears, their eyes tightly shut, singing la la la la la and hoping it will all go away without anyone requiring anything from them - So instead, I'll tell you what I like about the 75ZTCommunity....in no particular order...

We get treated as adults and get treated with respect and dignity. We get given straight answers. There is no deletion of threads. People don't come on here to release their bile in public just to get a reaction. People's efforts are appreciated here. There are no false promises made. When you ask for something to be done, it gets done or you get an explanation why it can't be done....and we don't feel like we are a nuisance when we ask.

No one uses phrases like 'We'll look into it' or 'It will happen in due course' or 'all in good time'. The people keeping the show on the road care about the cars...more importantly, they care about the members and are in a position to demonstrate that. The structure here is what one might call 'loose' as opposed to autocratic. The wealth of knowledge here is hugely diverse, the quality of help on offer second to none and we don't pay for the privilege of being able to offer help, advice and support with our cars here.

We aren't embarrassed by 3-4 year old (often empty) web pages on the front end of the site, that sit in monument to inaction, indecision and inertia. We can see how quickly things can be done when people are given free rein. We can see the effort being made. We can understand how things operate because it is transparent, open and accessible (if you want to know something just ask) rather than secretive, paranoid, micro-managed and highly dysfunctional. It isn't perfect but it is evolving and developing as opposed to having become ossified....(in spite of people's best efforts to avoid this.)

RRobson's question 'What would you have done if the new forum hadn't been put into place?' is a good one and the options suggested sensible ones, but it misses the key element - motivation..what motivates people to be there? To post? To organise gatherings? To help each other out? I suspect many people would have remained for the benefit of the members and the friendships they had made...because its the members that count, its the members that make it worthwhile....that people are moving on isn't about the money, it isn't about the broken promises, the many many missed opportunities and lack of interest, it is in fact about people and how they are treated and viewed and how that attitude can be seen and felt.....this isn't anything new.....what is new is that now people have an option of voting with their feet without feeling they are letting their friends down....but as John says the forums could work alongside each other..... but that requires enough people to make enough noise together over there to make change happen..or to at least wake up more of the membership....so all these comments here are perhaps on the wrong forum.......granted, it may well have no impact and granted the downside of a Ltd Company is that you can't sack the owners....but at least we would have tried. ;)

Other than something like I have described here my own tenacity will shortly come to an abrupt end....because now, people have a choice and it has been the lack of choice that has allowed the directors to behave as they have.... with only the 'awkward squad' occasionally flicking their cornflakes out of the dish to remind them that people DO know what they are doing and CAN (Bus Controller Area Network) see their inertia and disinterest......so having renewed my subscription through gritted teeth in February....as things stand, it looks unlikely to happen again.

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 02:17 #25 

Last edited by Zeb on 01 Jul 2010, 08:30, edited 5 times in total.

greeners
lalalalalalalalalalalalala

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 02:20 #26 

Zeb
greeners wrote:lalalalalalalalalalalalala

You're off key.....ooops forget me smiley.... :)

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 02:32 #27 

greeners
Zeb wrote:
greeners wrote:lalalalalalalalalalalalala

You're off key.....ooops forget me smiley.... :)

Off key, off key off key !!!

It's 4 in the morning, I'm at work and I want my bed !!!! :hissyfit:

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 02:58 #28 

Zeb
Hey, if you are doing the grumpy stuff there is another forum nearby for that.... :lol: Or you could try my 'mellow' thread... :bed:

I haven't even got the excuse of being at work....I just needed those thoughts out of my head and shared with these norty defective peoples.....I know...I'll blame Lewis.. :twisted:

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 03:01 #29 

greeners
I'm not grumpy....just tired.......

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 03:03 #30 

Zeb
Snap....you'd best join the club....er Community.....oh, you already have... :D

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 03:05 #31 

PaulT
RRobson if this community was not here then yes, we would all still be on the 'club' site. However, the old moderators of the 'Club' site were respected and when, one by one they were banned clearly something was wrong.

I believe there was disagreement as to how management were conducting themselves (or is that not conducting) and the efforts of the moderators to make a great 'club'.

Hence the Community was set up and as has been stated was originally for invited people - so some of us are undesirbales :mrgreen:

Fractures do happen and I have not seen what has happened to Raistlin or Takestock but in the case of Takestock if someone publicly 'slags' someone off then the apology should be in public not via a PM.

At the moment the community does have a handicap - the number of members but it is growing and is far less controlled than the other site.

Perhaps the other thing with the 'club' was 'up subs by 333% and goodies' which did not arrive.

This community is free but takes donations - and openly I will say this 'do not let finances be closed, be open and avoid any criticism' - but not making a donation does not bar anyone from any section of the forum.

So I will say a big thank you to the founders of this community and keep up the good work.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 08:16 #32 

starbug2
raistlin wrote:
takestock wrote:I haven't posted since the 12th June, nobody seems to have noticed. :confused:

Don't you believe it OB. :D

The disgraceful behaviour towards you from of one of the owners of that forum is part of the cumulative reasons why I've decided it's not the place for me anymore.

Mind you, having been on the receiving end of his insults myself, I find that I am, sadly, not surprised.

I'm not the only long-term and prolific member who has discovered the fabled straw with which the camel's back was broken today either, but I'm sure he'll make mention as he sees fit. :)

Ordinarily, I'd have been content to remain a thorn in the side but I have to admit to having realized that I have a life, departure seemed the logical thing to do. The fact that my grammar was criticized by an individual who seems barely able to string two words together, and those grossly mangled, have had nothing to do with it of course ;) :lol:
i'm very sad that things are getting not nice and i am at a lost about stuff going on . given i'm rather not good with words and keep having to spell check either via the pc or wife i am rather :mad1: :mad1: when folk moan about such stuff :mad1: . :hissyfit:

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 08:49 #33 

Dallas
Zeb wrote:I have been trying hard not to say too much about t'other forum over here...I say enough over there....and feel like a social outcast for daring to ask perfectly legitimate and reasonable questions....the answers to which are important and might lay to rest some of the discontent. I do not feel the need to explain myself here, my questions and comments on the club forum have made my concerns perfectly clear to anyone who wants to listen - rather than shoving their fingers in their ears, their eyes tightly shut, singing la la la la la and hoping it will all go away without anyone requiring anything from them - So instead, I'll tell you what I like about the 75ZTCommunity....in no particular order...

We get treated as adults and get treated with respect and dignity. We get given straight answers. There is no deletion of threads. People don't come on here to release their bile in public just to get a reaction. People's efforts are appreciated here. There are no false promises made. When you ask for something to be done, it gets done or you get an explanation why it can't be done....and we don't feel like we are a nuisance when we ask.

No one uses phrases like 'We'll look into it' or 'It will happen in due course' or 'all in good time'. The people keeping the show on the road care about the cars...more importantly, they care about the members and are in a position to demonstrate that. The structure here is what one might call 'loose' as opposed to autocratic. The wealth of knowledge here is hugely diverse, the quality of help on offer second to none and we don't pay for the privilege of being able to offer help, advice and support with our cars here.

We aren't embarrassed by 3-4 year old (often empty) web pages on the front end of the site, that sit in monument to inaction, indecision and inertia. We can see how quickly things can be done when people are given free rein. We can see the effort being made. We can understand how things operate because it is transparent, open and accessible (if you want to know something just ask) rather than secretive, paranoid, micro-managed and highly dysfunctional. It isn't perfect but it is evolving and developing as opposed to having become ossified....(in spite of people's best efforts to avoid this.)

RRobson's question 'What would you have done if the new forum hadn't been put into place?' is a good one and the options suggested sensible ones, but it misses the key element - motivation..what motivates people to be there? To post? To organise gatherings? To help each other out? I suspect many people would have remained for the benefit of the members and the friendships they had made...because its the members that count, its the members that make it worthwhile....that people are moving on isn't about the money, it isn't about the broken promises, the many many missed opportunities and lack of interest, it is in fact about people and how they are treated and viewed and how that attitude can be seen and felt.....this isn't anything new.....what is new is that now people have an option of voting with their feet without feeling they are letting their friends down....but as John says the forums could work alongside each other..... but that requires enough people to make enough noise together over there to make change happen..or to at least wake up more of the membership....so all these comments here are perhaps on the wrong forum.......granted, it may well have no impact and granted the downside of a Ltd Company is that you can't sack the owners....but at least we would have tried. ;)

Other than something like I have described here my own tenacity will shortly come to an abrupt end....because now, people have a choice and it has been the lack of choice that has allowed the directors to behave as they have.... with only the 'awkward squad' occasionally flicking their cornflakes out of the dish to remind them that people DO know what they are doing and CAN see their inertia and disinterest......so having renewed my subscription through gritted teeth in February....as things stand, it looks unlikely to happen again.

Zeb (Carl) ............ well said, what a perfect write-up about how most of us feel...... :clap:

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 09:40 #34 

Zeb
Thank you Dallas...it took a big chunk of the night to write it and (Lewis) Rabett Rover is owed some credit for it too..

One post, one question / comment from every single person that would like to see the club doing what it set out to do and treating people well would, at the very least, raise awareness - especially if all the questions arrive on the same evening - and it would put every single issue on the table for people to make up their own minds. Not to cause trouble or bring disharmony and not to make work for the mods over there.. but instead to try and save something that could have been good, should be good....and no, I make no attempt to make this suggestion in secret...I make it openly and I do it as probably my last attempt to make a difference over there...it'd be a shame to let the old place go without some demonstration of feelings would it not? :(

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 09:44 #35 

Last edited by Zeb on 01 Jul 2010, 09:59, edited 1 time in total.

Dallas
Zeb wrote:Thank you Dallas...it took a big chunk of the night to write it and (Lewis) Rabett Rover is owed some credit for it too..

Well Done Lewis :clap:

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 09:55 #36 

jonjon77
after giving both sites time to settle in to their grooves,l will be going blue on the forum when the time arrives.over there l feel like lm just another number to add to the list.on here it feels more personal and the email l recived for making a donation meant more to me than the(slim)chance of getting a welcome pack on the forum.as the site name says this is a community and thats how it feels to me,something to be part of rather than just a visitor of.

jon

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 10:53 #37 

Cowley_MOA
Zeb wrote:Hey, if you are doing the grumpy stuff there is another forum nearby for that.... :lol: Or you could try my 'mellow' thread... :bed:

I haven't even got the excuse of being at work....I just needed those thoughts out of my head and shared with these norty defective peoples.....I know...I'll blame Lewis.. :twisted:

I agree totally Carl. Well done! If everyone were to raise one issue as a question that needed a Director to answer them then hopefully they would have to take note!
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 11:41 #38 

PaulT
Well, I have just spent an age ploughing through 12 pages over on the other side and wow.

Takestock - yes, you should feel absolutely insulted - takes you back to school days and the school bully or perhaps a master belittling a pupil.

Still there are exciting things in the pipeline - wonder how long and narrow that one is.

I notice that the 'old' moderators got blame for what has gone on in the past leading to discontent now.

There is that old adage 'learn from your mistakes' however, there seems a great reticence for them to actually find out what the mistakes were.

Are they not aware of what happens in countries that try to stiffle debate?

As Zeb says it is mellow here - whether it would if there were a vast number of members might be a different matter.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 13:00 #39 

payner75t
i go off line for a couple of days and more chaos on the ""club" site. i don't kno what's happened this time and probably don't want to. if the directors and certain members over thier don't get thier asses in gear it looks as if it will implode. :confused: .
have to say i am not spending as much time as i used to over there, have mostly gone back to .org as i tend to post more on general mg and rover things.
it does seem a lot friendlier here these days . i will endevour to appear on here a bit more as i find it more comfortable. :clap:
the french have invaded my roverspace

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 16:17 #40