Oh dear I have been a naughty boy by Mick

Mick
(Site Admin)
As I have no access to the forum where this was posted and to do so would would cost me £10.00 if indeed I was allowed. I considered it only polite to let everybody see how one of the owners club directors goes about his business. Make of it what you will. I have nothing to say about it or him, I have a great deal better things to do with my time and energy.

I do recall being informed about this and will edit the post concerned.

The comment about proofreading is not correct. When the printer was providing the proofs they had initially done a slightly modified one containing the .co.uk URL. This was change in a subsequent proof to the .com domain name, and this was duly signed off. Unfortunately the printer sent the earlier, unapproved scamp to be put to bed, which he acknowledged when we investigated the issue. I would welcome you correcting your comments around proofreading on this please.

Of course, the issue wouldn't be such a major one had Grey Ghost transferred the domain to the club; he purchased the domain after the meet at Gaydon on the 25th April and stated on the 27th to us that he had done this on behalf of the club, and would transfer it after the sixty-day rest period. Unfortunately, he then decided to send to me an email, firstly denying that he had never made any such commitment, and when sent the written comments to remind him that he had done so he then informed me that he had changed his mind and unless the club was to make a substantial offer then he would do what he wished with the domain name in question. We have not entered in any further discussion with him about this and will not hand over money that is from the generosity of the members of the club in rewarding an ex-moderator for their behaviour.

Posted 18 Jul 2010, 18:36 #1 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.