Off to hospital ! by Bernard (Page 2 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Lightpainter
Best of luck Bernard!

Posted 07 Sep 2010, 16:25 #21 

baggie9
Hope i'ts gone well Bernaid.

Posted 07 Sep 2010, 20:22 #22 

starbug2
baggie9 wrote:Hope i'ts gone well Bernaid.

as do we all :nurse:

Posted 07 Sep 2010, 20:34 #23 

Bernard
Thanks for all your good wishes! :D

I'm back home now, typing with one finger. :(

Zeb had advised me to talk about the V8, but it all went wrong.

This guy in a sort of green pyjama suit was telling me all about his Triumph Stag. He must have been boring me rigid because I dropped off to sleep quite suddenly.

He obviously had been quite offended by this because when I woke up about two hours later, I found that I was covered in blood stained dressings, very badly bruised and my right arm in a sling. :shock:

Anyway, I'm OK but driving is off the agenda for at least a couple of days. :cry:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 08 Sep 2010, 12:51 #24 

Zeb
Glad it went well! Should be fine for Sunday's meet then... :D :confused: :gmc:

Triumph Stag eh.....my surgeon's V8 turned out to be an MGBT... :roll:

I think they like to leave some blood on show.....a sort of 'I woz 'ere' memento for you...

Posted 08 Sep 2010, 13:10 #25 

raistlin
Bernard wrote:I'm back home now,

Thanks for the warning ;)

I hope all went well and recovery is swift :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 08 Sep 2010, 13:48 #26 

JohnDotCom
Glad to hear you are home again.
Soon all will be back to normal (depending on what is normal for you of course) ;)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 08 Sep 2010, 14:32 #27 

GagHalfrunt
Typing with one hand ain't half difficult, I had to work for months after a fight I had with a lawnmower. (don't ask)

I hope your recovery is swift, I'd hate to be the only ZT driving around here! It was probably that V8 that did your shoulder in in the first place....

Posted 08 Sep 2010, 15:14 #28 

starbug2
glad your back home :thumbsup:

Posted 08 Sep 2010, 17:03 #29 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Good show Bernard, hope it heals quickly and you get back behind the wheel very soon.

Posted 08 Sep 2010, 21:34 #30 

DeuxGazoles
Good to have you back so soon Bernard (can't believe I just said that :D )
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 08 Sep 2010, 21:54 #31 

MrB
Glad to hear you're in one piece.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 08 Sep 2010, 22:02 #32 

podge
Glad to hear you are back.............surgeon with a Stag eh...........best not upset him incase he blows a headgasket then!

Posted 08 Sep 2010, 23:11 #33 

Gren 24
Glad to hear you are on the mend,take it easy and a speedy recovery.

Les

Posted 09 Sep 2010, 16:54 #34 

takestock
The things you do to avoid buying your round Mr B :D

speedy recovery :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 09 Sep 2010, 17:19 #35 

Bernard
Zeb wrote:Glad it went well! Should be fine for Sunday's meet then... :D :confused: :gmc:

Not been given the all clear to drive yet. :(

Takestock wrote:The things you do to avoid buying your round Mr B :D

I will be in the bar at the nano meet. :cheers:

Posted 09 Sep 2010, 18:45 #36 

Trebor
speedy recovery Bernard, my daughter is currently in hospital with gastro enteritis, kidney failure and pneumonia so visiting every day, not in danger although recovery is slow, but i have come to hate the inside of hospitals over time
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 09 Sep 2010, 20:26 #37 

Bernard
Trebor wrote:speedy recovery Bernard, my daughter is currently in hospital with gastro enteritis, kidney failure and pneumonia so visiting every day, not in danger although recovery is slow, but i have come to hate the inside of hospitals over time

That sounds a very nasty combination, Rob. I hope she is soon restored to health. Pneumonia can take some getting over but I imagine the kidney problem is the most serious.

Posted 09 Sep 2010, 20:41 #38 

Trebor
been to the hospital tonight, kidneys now working, gastro on the mend, but she still looks really ill, had a CT scan tonight which will enable the treatment for pneumonia to be focussed.
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 09 Sep 2010, 22:05 #39 

MrB
Having had pneumonia 5 years ago, but thankfully not combined with the other problems your daughter has, I can imagine how ill she is feeling and looking.

Will take some time for her to recover, but she'll be fighting fit in a couple of months.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 09 Sep 2010, 22:34 #40