OEM rear silencer, whisper quiet by takestock

takestock
As some may know for many years I have had a powerflow stainless back box fitted to a 60mm standard middle section (with the triangular profile box). My 75 was originally 57mm so to fit the powerflow box I fitted a middle section of a 190. A straight swap onto the cat. ( i.8T are also 60mm)

I loved the look of the straight exit oval tail pipe and cut the rear bumper and fitted the ZT exhaust surround. Loved the tickover hum but, although not earshattering there has always been a very noticeable drone 50mph to 70 is around 2000rpm to 2500.

Earlier this year one of the stainless hangers came away on the powerflow. this was about the same time DMGRS advertised the possibility of a OEM with chrome tails so I took the plunge.

Delivered when they said it would be it appears well made, As I have told Mat the OEM bracket came without the bolts which I found annoying and I believe Mat is sorting this for future sales. The box also comes with a clamp to clamp to the middle section, waste of time in my opinion.
Note: it has a cup and is made to fit over 60mm exhaust.

I could not get a good seal with the clamp on the middle section of my exhaust which is 60mm, so I cut the clamp off with the angle grinder as it was attached with a small blob of weld and fitted a 63mm Uclamp. Problem solved.

The tail pipes fill the space inside the cut out of the bumper really well so you have to make sure you have it just where you want it before the tightening of the clamp.

As soon as you start the car you can tell the difference, and I honestly could not hear the exhaust through the rev range especially under load which is where the powerflow was lacking, that said it could also be said the drone was noticeable by its absence.

Are they cheap? No. Would I buy another one. Absolutely.

Further communication with Mat at DMGRS since fitting means the useless clamp will be removed and there will also be a 57mm option.Image
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 30 Jun 2020, 06:52 #1 

MrDoodles
Excellent news! I fitted the original replacement that was available from Rimmers approx. 2 years ago, and no problems so far, but well worth knowing that these are available! :cheers:

Posted 30 Jun 2020, 15:15 #2