October Nano-meet by raistlin (Page 4 of 5)

Trebor
Just back from food shopping for the meet - cost £91.77 !

I reckon that there are approx 22 members coming from both the club and the community so if everyone contributes £4 - £5 that should cover it always allowing for one or two members who for whatever reason cant make it on the day as planned.

There will be an " honesty " box on the food table and it will be the usual drill, I wont be chasing anyone for money but would be grateful if you would put your contribution in the box at some point - I will post up after the event how much was contributed in total and should there be any profit it will be donated

I have kept the food receipts should anyoine wish to see them, and items bought include, tea, coffee, milk, sugar, mince pies, biscuits, pork joints, bread cobs/buns, serviettes, apple sauce, plates, spoons and a few items i have probably forgotten about !

Pork Cobs/ Buns will be served at lunchtime, warm mince pies in the afternoon, tea and coffee all day on demand plus biscuits.

The weather looks to be holding out so look forward to seeing you all tomorrow, either for breakfast meeting at the Turf on th A5 for 9am or at the meet itself from 10am onwards
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 15 Oct 2011, 16:11 #61 

raistlin
Trebor wrote:I have kept the food receipts should anyoine wish to see them

Rob, I know you are keen to be seen to be above board in this but, I have to tell you mate, that in my view, the ethos of the nano-meet is such that I'd be extremely surprised and bitterly disappointed if anybody had the crass dis-courtesy to ask such a thing. As I said... in MY view.

Besides which, you provide the nosh with Jayne's unstinting help and if anybody doesn't like the idea they can always bring their sandwiches :lol:

I, for one, will be partaking of the grub provided and will be one of the first to get my cash in the box, considering it a bargain and thanking you and your family for the time, effort and initial investment involved. :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 15 Oct 2011, 16:39 #62 

Bermudan 75
Agree whole heartedly with the above comments. :iagree:

Mike

Posted 15 Oct 2011, 18:06 #63 

Trebor
thanks guys, just want everything above board and auditable if need be,is it called corporate governance these days ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 15 Oct 2011, 19:12 #64 

Bermudan 75
What tools do I needto bring along?

Posted 15 Oct 2011, 19:45 #65 

moretvicar
Feckin big hammer for my speedo!
So chuffed it was sorted with new abs sensor - 4.1 miles later - toys flew out the window!

Posted 15 Oct 2011, 20:02 #66 

mark d3
sorry everyone i cant be there tomorrow i am gutted if you have counted me in against your spend rob let me know and i will paypal the amount,hope everyone has a cracking time tomorrow
mark

Posted 15 Oct 2011, 22:17 #67 

TyphoonTT
mark d3 wrote:sorry everyone i cant be there tomorrow i am gutted if you have counted me in against your spend rob let me know and i will paypal the amount,hope everyone has a cracking time tomorrow

Like wise Rob. Really appreciate the hot grub you provide, but also can't make it tomorrow due to a fuel leak, so will pay my share. ;)

Have a great day guys. :(

Posted 15 Oct 2011, 22:28 #68 

Trebor
thanks guys but woudnt dream of asking you to pay when you are not coming, just sorry you cant make it, weather forecast for today is good, sunny intervals, no rain and 16c, so see the rest of you there
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 16 Oct 2011, 06:56 #69 

Arctic
(Trader)
Good Morning Rob & Fellow members looks like its going to be a good day those members that have not been before and wish to have your plenums looked at and the plenum tray swap please come over and ask cheers Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 16 Oct 2011, 07:05 #70 

Bernard
Back home safe and sound, no overheating problems this time. :)

Thanks to Rob (Trebor) and the organising gang, I suppose that the Rainman will have to be now known as 'Sunny Jim' ;)

Good to see everyone again.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 16 Oct 2011, 16:18 #71 

Duncan
Fantastic day, good to see old and new faces. Rob, forgot to ask you to send many thanks to your good lady for the catering. Superb as usual!

Plenty of jobs done at this one as usual. Here's to the next!

Posted 16 Oct 2011, 17:27 #72 

takestock
Glad you all enjoyed it. hopefully see you all at the next one :)

Mr B, is your fan sorted now ? :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 16 Oct 2011, 17:31 #73 

Duncan
takestock wrote:Hopefully see you all at the next one :)

I should think so too. There were a number of VIS (Variable Intake System) motors in need of your gentle touch. I'd have had a go myself but was somewhat occupied with undoing Mr Bodgitts endeavours!

Posted 16 Oct 2011, 17:34 #74 

raistlin
What a terrific day and outstanding weather :)

I don't know where the time went.

Thanks to Steve and Ian for the handbrake compensator mod. Handbrake feels spot-on now guys :)

I didn't have any major jobs to do today but was able to help out with one or two.

Once again, thanks to Jayne for the excellent catering.

Hope to see you all at the next one.

Sorry that the new electrickery project was not available Bernard but the modification to the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) track should be finished this week.

Nice to see friends old and new today.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 16 Oct 2011, 17:55 #75 

Last edited by raistlin on 16 Oct 2011, 18:40, edited 1 time in total.

Bernard
takestock wrote:
Mr B, is your fan sorted now ? :)

Yes thanks, Dave. I fitted a Kenlowe in the end in spite of finding a 2-speed at the breakers. I shall keep that for replacing the 3-speed on the V6 when that dies.

'Only' took me 2 days to fit the fan and sort the lower grille. :roll: The grille took most of the time though, to be fair.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 16 Oct 2011, 18:18 #76 

mark d3
sounds like another great nano meet,glad everyone enjoyed
mark

Posted 16 Oct 2011, 18:49 #77 

Trebor
Thanks to everyone who attended today and got themselves an October suntan, i will pass thanks onto the chef who has gone for an early night after-a few hours in the kitchen.

Members today came from far and wide, a lot of locals obviously. but also members from Manchester, Liverpool, Hereford and Number 6 from France making this an international occasion ! ( sorry if i have missed anyone )

Also a big thanks for financial contributions to the financial " honesty box ", there was £115 in total, so i recouped my outlay for the food of £92 and also gave £10 towards the fuel in the generators which were running most of the day, that leaves £13 by my reckoning which i will carry over to the next one if there are no objections
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 16 Oct 2011, 19:37 #78 

Bermudan 75
Yet another superb nano-meet, thanks to Rob for the catering, Mick and Lyden for genny etc, Woolysox for gazebo. Thanks to Artic for the handbrake cable mod, one click now is the norm, car was never like that from new. I believe there may be photographs of how to change a front light bulb the easy way with thanks to David. Why remove the inspection cover when it is much more fun removing the front bumper.
We also re-cycled a front bumper.......

Here's to the next meet

Oh yes and on the M6 heading back to sunny Nantwich, I passed a gritter........

:cheers:
Mike

Posted 16 Oct 2011, 20:21 #79 

Arctic
(Trader)
HI
Another outstanding attendance at the meet glad to hear VK is happy with its new hill grabber,if i missed any plenums i am sorry was a busy day thanks to Rob Trebor and is good dear wife for keeping us all feed and watered hope your back is not hurting to much falling from that bummper :lol: :lol: classic. A big thank you to Ian for the help with every handbrake mod :hail: glad he got to get his own job done to the PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve) filter, Lyndon and Mick for the genny always appreciated,nice to meet a few new faces today these nano's are getting quite popular and Mike dont forget i need your address please Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 16 Oct 2011, 21:47 #80 

Last edited by Arctic on 16 Oct 2011, 23:55, edited 3 times in total.