Number plate makers by rhylbloke

rhylbloke
Hi,
just purchased a personalised registration for the ZT and would like a good set of plates made ( the company who supplied the registration did a set of plates but they are just the standard ones, and not particularly good quality, and I obviously want the proper shape for the rear plate ) I just went to the local Halfords, and they only make the standard shape. I also thought I'd get some touch up paint for the car and the alloys while I was there, but they didn't have any MG paints at all. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can get some decent plates made, and also where to obtain the touch up paint.
Cheers
Les :thumbsup:

Posted 21 May 2011, 12:57 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
That's very odd, AFAIK Halfords will make up the smiley plate, or at least has done in the recent past. There are a few suppliers on Ebay. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=rove ... m270.l1313
As far as paints go, if you get them to look up the colour as Rover rather than MG most are available, except the monogram colours
Someone will be along to confirm or deny the above.
Rimmers can supply most paints as touch up from stock. http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID001531

Posted 21 May 2011, 13:31 #2 

1gp
hi , just go along to your nearest bodyshop paint supplys outlet. they will be able to mix you some touch up paint.

Posted 21 May 2011, 14:00 #3 

rhylbloke
Thanks guys. I know that Halfords used to do the smiley shape plate because my missus got me one as a present from there for my Rover 75 about 4 years ago. However, I was told in Rhyl Halfords today, that they don't do that any longer. They did suggest that the larger store in Llandudno may do them. I rang them and they weren't sure if they could send away for one - I'd have to ring back on Monday ( nothing in life is ever straightforward is it ? :confused: ) If it's a matter of sending away for one, I might as well order one online. I just wondered if any of the traders friendly to members of the community do number plates. :)

Posted 21 May 2011, 15:13 #4 

rhylbloke
P.S. re: the touch up paint - Jules told me he thought the colour of my ZT was anthracite, the V5 just says "grey", though it looks more black to me. The plate at the bottom of the door pillar says "LQW" against paint - is there another code somewhere, or is that enough to get the correct colour match ?

Posted 21 May 2011, 17:33 #5 

Bernard
LQW is the paint code for anthracite and is enough to identify it.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 21 May 2011, 19:54 #6 

takestock
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 21 May 2011, 21:34 #7 

rhylbloke
Thanks Dave. Funnily enough I ordered a set yesterday from this firm. Good to know they are top quality.
Cheers
Les :thumbsup:

Posted 22 May 2011, 08:16 #8