Number of unread messages by Duncan (Page 1 of 2)

Duncan
Err, I have minus one (-1) unread messages. How clever is that? I've read a message someone hasn't even written yet!

Seriously, a bug somewhere methinks.

Posted 18 May 2011, 18:24 #1 

starbug2
same here ?

Posted 18 May 2011, 18:50 #2 

raistlin
Me too. Mentioned it a while ago. It disappears when you get a new PM though
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 May 2011, 19:09 #3 

SpongeBob
Okay that is very peculiar. Would someone mind snapping a screen shot of this for me as I've not yet encountered it... :gmc:

Posted 18 May 2011, 19:16 #4 

Duncan
here we go:

Posted 18 May 2011, 19:44 #5 

takestock
And Me :(

Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 18 May 2011, 19:45 #6 

SpongeBob
Right, well that is very interesting isn't it! :confused: I'll go take a peek and see what might be going on. Does either of you have any unread messages physically in your inbox or perhaps have you recently viewed a message? Just trying to find the exact circumstances in which this message appears. :)

Posted 18 May 2011, 19:53 #7 

raistlin
My message inbox is empty when this happens Simon. Never happens if there are any messages, read or unread, in there.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 May 2011, 19:55 #8 

takestock
Mine happened after I had just read a message and as said will probably revert back to 0 when I receive the next one
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 18 May 2011, 19:57 #9 

Duncan
Only noticed it today. Had a message earlier, but first thing I did was read it so none now. Have some in my outbox, two I think.

Posted 18 May 2011, 19:57 #10 

Duncan
Something else going on. I tried to mark a message and although the tick appears, it takes me to the actual message instead of just leaving the tick.

Posted 18 May 2011, 20:36 #11 

SpongeBob
Yes - you're quite correct, it shouldn't do that. Luckily on this point I can see exactly what's going on/wrong and I'll have a look at rectifying it :)

Posted 18 May 2011, 21:17 #12 

JohnDotCom
I can beat you all now have -2 never happened to me with all my messages. :confused: :confused:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 18 May 2011, 22:30 #13 

Jürgen
JohnDotCom wrote: now have -2

You must have been reading too fast, so the counter wasn't able to stop quickly enough. :mrgreen:

Posted 19 May 2011, 17:00 #14 

JohnDotCom
On new delivery I am now at -1.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 19 May 2011, 17:19 #15 

SpongeBob
Duncan wrote:Something else going on. I tried to mark a message and although the tick appears, it takes me to the actual message instead of just leaving the tick.

As an update, this issue is now fixed. :)

Posted 24 May 2011, 14:08 #16 

takestock
Is it like bank charges and PPI, can we claim anything back ?
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 24 May 2011, 15:32 #17 

Jürgen
takestock wrote:Is it like bank charges and PPI, can we claim anything back ?

Claim back? You'll have to pay interests. :D

Posted 24 May 2011, 17:30 #18 

takestock
SpongeBob wrote:
Duncan wrote:Something else going on. I tried to mark a message and although the tick appears, it takes me to the actual message instead of just leaving the tick.

As an update, this issue is now fixed. :)

err, no it aint :( just happened again,) is it minus 1 cos a mod has read it as well? :gmc:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 21 Jun 2011, 20:35 #19 

SpongeBob
Sorry - my bad. I meant the issue Duncan quoted in that post was fixed (i.e. the ability to mark a message) the issue involving minus numbers in private messages remains unresolved. The authors of phpBB also have no idea as to what went wrong and offered even less in the way of solutions :( Therefore I'm afraid it looks like this issue will rear it's ugly head every now and then.

PS: I'm sure you'll know, we can't read PM's even if we wanted to which we don't because they are your private messages and are none of our (or anyone else's) business ;)

Posted 21 Jun 2011, 20:44 #20