Not quite finished, but getting there... by JakeWilson

• Related topics: (no related topics)

JakeWilson
Whilst I am home I took the 190 up the drive for my first drive in it - a succession of 20 :D don't even come close upon getting out of it.

Took these quickly to show how it's progressing. I'd be interested to hear whether you think the current interior set up is good, or should I change to full leather and black oak?

Jobs left to do include,

Sourcing and installing cruise.

T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System)'ing an new hi-line IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German)) in.

Working out why the EML is on.

Installing HK, when it turns up!

Sourcing and installing a new radio tuner (current one had been swimming!)

Posted 27 May 2011, 14:24 #1 

Zeb
Keep the current seats...they suit the car and they are like new! Nice n firm they are! :D The engine sounds sweet but either needs some injector cleaner or the plugs changing or coils...good to catch up today Jake...we'll all be over your way tonight....going out to look at a few properties apparently!

Posted 27 May 2011, 15:49 #2 

JakeWilson
Zeb wrote:Keep the current seats...they suit the car and they are like new! Nice n firm they are! :D The engine sounds sweet but either needs some injector cleaner or the plugs changing or coils...good to catch up today Jake...we'll all be over your way tonight....going out to look at a few properties apparently!

Cheers Carl,

It's just had brand new NGK Platinums so it's not the plugs - hopefully a T4 session or even an OBD (On Board Diagnostics) reader just to get a code!

Was good to see you today, happy hunting this evening!

Posted 27 May 2011, 15:52 #3 

Zeb
I have an OBD reader....:)

Posted 27 May 2011, 16:12 #4 

JakeWilson
Zeb wrote:I have an OBD reader....:)

Could I borrow it please? :-)

Posted 27 May 2011, 16:18 #5 

stanningtonglen
Thats a nice looking car Jake love those seats, i wouldn't mind some in red or even full red leather

Posted 27 May 2011, 17:12 #6 

Zeb
I will drop it in this evening Jake...:D If that is ok?

Posted 27 May 2011, 17:40 #7 

JakeWilson
That'd be amazing if you could! :-) Keep me posted as I've got to nip out at some point tonight but mum and dad are in all evening!

Posted 27 May 2011, 17:42 #8 

Martin
All sounds too inviting wish I could be there, Green I am at the mo, but hay you never know Supercharged 260 see you in an hour...................er no M6 blocked and holiday traffic..............see you next week :lol:
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 27 May 2011, 17:47 #9 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Looking good Jake
You need some LED (Light Emitting Diode)'s in the interior lights to set those colours off nicely. :)

Posted 27 May 2011, 17:52 #10 

JakeWilson
Mick wrote:Looking good Jake
You need some LED's in the interior lights to set those colours off nicely. :)

Cheers Mick, :-D never had LED's in a car so it would be interesting to see what effect it would have inside actually. I've just put in a black oak to see what that looks like as well, as the car is not being needed every day at the minute, the poor thing is subject to my 'what would this look like' schemes!

Posted 27 May 2011, 21:48 #11 

SpongeBob
Looking very nice indeed :thumbsup: Definitely keep those seats, they look perfect in the car. I think the black oak dash would look very smart too ;)

Posted 28 May 2011, 20:39 #12 

Zeb
Think the MIL light is sorted now... ;)

Posted 28 May 2011, 20:42 #13 

JakeWilson
Zeb wrote:Think the MIL light is sorted now... ;)

Sorry for not getting the big thanks on here sooner Carl.

Also, I've been told that the car is still miss-firing when warm too.

Black oak is now fitted. I am currently chasing a seller for some full leathers who is not releasing goods paid for so the car is currently down to 2 button panel as opposed to 4.

Posted 01 Jun 2011, 00:55 #14 

Zeb
No probs Jake...we enjoyed the drive out...:D
Still missing eh? But has the MIL stayed off? I imagine not...:(
Reckon she'll need new coil pack thingies then...

Posted 01 Jun 2011, 07:18 #15