Non Starting CDTi by DeuxGazoles (Page 2 of 4)

DeuxGazoles
Seem to be John infact tried them again tonight & both buzzing happily & loads of fuel coming through
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 01 Jun 2010, 19:27 #21 

DeuxGazoles
DA DA DADA DA DAAAAAAA
Oh hear ye hear ye I proclaim it is No.3 Injector T.F.F.T. :D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :em: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek: :gmc: :panic: :angry: :hissyfit: :stirer: :ireland: :Scotland: :unionflag: :wales: :scared: :censored: :confused: :cheers: :bed: :oops: :spam: :iagree: :clap: :rolling: :thumbsup: :nurse: :sleep: :mad1: :Tongue: :window: :4:

Posted 03 Jun 2010, 09:41 #22 

JohnDotCom
Jules should have Injectors in stock.
How did you determine that fault, A leakback test or T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System)?
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 03 Jun 2010, 09:50 #23 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Really glad to hear you tracked it down Col, still doesn't explain why a boost from another battery started it. Just does not compute. Not in my computer anyway.

Posted 03 Jun 2010, 10:20 #24 

DeuxGazoles
I picked up a nifty little tip last night off a mutual friend of mine & Jig's & tried it out & hey Tesco it worked a treat. Basically you get someone to crank the engine while you nip the leak-off pipe with a pair of pliers, starting at the injector at the blank end of the line & work back along towards the return end & when you hit the duff one the pressure builds up & the car starts..............A word of warning though you have to be quick letting go of the pipe or you get showered in diesel

Posted 03 Jun 2010, 10:30 #25 

DeuxGazoles
Mick wrote:Really glad to hear you tracked it down Col, still doesn't explain why a boost from another battery started it. Just does not compute. Not in my computer anyway.

He did explain it briefly as being the extra current on tap helps the fuel pumps run faster & supply that bit more fuel at a better pressure but I wasn't really listening to that bit :mrgreen:

Posted 03 Jun 2010, 10:41 #26 

JohnDotCom
The main thing is you are sorted,
another fault and solution to add to our list.
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 03 Jun 2010, 11:44 #27 

DeuxGazoles
Anyone wanna buy a battery :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Posted 03 Jun 2010, 11:52 #28 

JohnDotCom
List it in the For Sale section............. :mrgreen: :gmc:
John

Posted 03 Jun 2010, 12:33 #29 

takestock
Just in time for a few meets then matey :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Jun 2010, 16:14 #30 

DeuxGazoles
takestock wrote:Just in time for a few meets then matey :D

More like just in time to get it tested & on it's merry way :arrow:

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 07:09 #31 

Mick
(Site Admin)
DeuxGazoles wrote:
takestock wrote:Just in time for a few meets then matey :D

More like just in time to get it tested & on it's merry way :arrow:

Hope you get a decent price for it.

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 08:45 #32 

DeuxGazoles
So do I ;) I'll be sad to see it go in a way but I'd be much happier with a Swedish tank again. I might get an early cheapy 75 as a toy in the future but as an everyday car no thanks :cry:

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 08:52 #33 

JohnDotCom
You have had some unlucky instances with your car, which can of course happen to any make.
Can't be much left to go wrong with it now. :D
John

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 09:09 #34 

DeuxGazoles
BoeingMan wrote:You have had some unlucky instances with your car, which can of course happen to any make.
Can't be much left to go wrong with it now. :D

Dont you start..............next You'll be telling me it's a lovely looking car :mrgreen:

I know what you're saying though.......I think I've just been unlucky but I've lost my faith a bit now :cry:

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 09:17 #35 

JohnDotCom
Ken got rid of his 75 due to reliabilty problems and got a euro box.
Reliable so far but hates it, says he would get another 75 if right one became available.
John

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 10:25 #36 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Don't hear these tales of woe from V6 owners. always seems to be diesels and 1.8's people lose faith in. I'm sure the odd V6 gets the same treatment but not very often.
If only they would do more than 30mpg. :(

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 10:32 #37 

DeuxGazoles
Mick wrote:Don't hear these tales of woe from V6 owners. always seems to be diesels and 1.8's people lose faith in. I'm sure the odd V6 gets the same treatment but not very often.

Yeah it does seem that way though if it wasn't for the cooling issues with the 1.8 I'm sure they would be the same whereas the diesels seem to suffer lots of trouble with the engine ancilliary bits, altern..... (cant even say the word anymore) fuel pumps, injectors, intercoolers, the list just goes on
Mick wrote:If only they would do more than 30mpg. :(

That's what swayed me towards the diesel 75/ZT from the Volvo but in my case it was 25mpg at best :roll:

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 11:07 #38 

Fred
Mick wrote:If only they would do more than 30mpg. :(

I just wish mine would do as much as 30 mpg..

Col,

Take a bit of time before you finally decide about getting shot, you might struggle later to find another one that suits you as well as Grovey. You could end up :hissyfit:

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 19:37 #39 

DeuxGazoles
Injector has arrived............nice little project to keep me out the pub this afternoon :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 10:11 #40