Nobody wants to give me a job :( by carlpenn

carlpenn
Countless applications sent, no interviews and still no job :(

So fed up. I had to leave my last job through ill health and now it seems that this has become my "Albatross", let's be honest, would you employ someone who had 9 Months off work, through ill health? I cannot see any other reason for such a negative comeback on any applications :(

Tried a Job Agency, but they don't offer me work because I am not "Immediatoly" available - That is to say, they called me at 4pm expecting me to go to work at 5pm for a client, I said I couldn't because I have 2 children and could not arrange Childcare at such short notice, (I even informed them off this at interview stage so why they acted like this I do not kow) since then I have heard nothing off them either - I have rung them and they said (ready for a laugh) I am not being offered any positions as I am not reliable !!! :o

Needed a moan................ :(
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 18 Oct 2010, 11:22 #1 

SpongeBob
I'd use another agency if I were you. I'd make a fuss of it with that agency though. Make a complaint about how you've been treated and lost potential earnings because of it.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Let's hope things pick up for you soon. With it being the holiday season quarter any industry linked to retail will be busier -often wanting temp staff to cover extra work, if that's of any help?

Posted 18 Oct 2010, 14:14 #2 

Zeb
I am convinced employers are suspicious of anybody with the name Carl... :?

I feel your pain.... :(

Posted 18 Oct 2010, 16:59 #3 

takestock
Zeb wrote:I am convinced employers are suspicious of anybody with the name Carl... :?

Maybe you should remove C & P from your CV as your references :confused: :gmc:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 18 Oct 2010, 17:09 #4 

Zeb
takestock wrote:
Zeb wrote:I am convinced employers are suspicious of anybody with the name Carl... :?

Maybe you should remove C & P from your CV as your references :confused: :gmc:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

..................do you think so? :?

I wouldn't want to appear rude after all... :confused:

:-|

Posted 18 Oct 2010, 17:42 #5 

Ragman

I feel your pain.... :(

No I think it is Christian names starting with C as I have had the same issue for 4 years

Posted 19 Oct 2010, 23:31 #6 

Jürgen
Sorry to read this, Carl. Good luck with your search for a new job.

Posted 20 Oct 2010, 15:47 #7