I'm a new member and my car is a Rover 75 with the 1,8K petrol engine.
Like the title says, my car won't start with fuel pressure. I know it sounds strange, but so far that's my conclusion. I hope you can help me, to sort out the problem.
As mentioned the engine is a 1,8 petrol engine and so far it wont start with fuel pressure:
- When I disconnect the fuel supply line from the rail, and thereby releasing the fuel pressure the engine runs for 2-3 sec. and starts right away. Of course only for 2-3 sec. when it runs out of fuel due to the disconnected fuel hose
- When i disconnect the fuel pressure regulator, also know as a damper, from the fuel rail, and block the hole with a rag the engine starts. By blocking the hole with a rag, fuel is still flowing out the hole and socking the rag.
When i attach the fuel line again, the car dont start. It's trying to and the engine is igniting the fuel, but no start at all...
The things i've checked so far:
- Spark plugs
- Fuel pressure, around 3,5 - 3,7 bar (50 Psi)
- No fuel filter separation. I have the early model fuel filter
- Full battery power
- Fuel in tank, of course
- Changed the fuel pressure regulator, damper, in the fuel rail.
To me it's a strange problem so I hope there is someone out there, with some knowledge
Looking forward to your replies.
Dennis Jensen, Denmark.