No Post.......... by JohnDotCom

JohnDotCom
Is anyone else having problems getting any post delivered?
We haven't had a thing in five days now (excluding weekend)
The weather although very cold and icy until today hasn't been very snowy at all,
but 6" of fresh snow and -7c is the current world outside our property. :(
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 15:23 #1 

Bermudan 75
My mother just moved from Llanbedr-y-Cenin down the Conway Valley to Gyffin just outside Conwy and has not had any mail for a week. :wales:

With it's close proximity to the A55 and the North Wales railway line it seems crazy that the posties seem to have gone into hibernation. :bed:

One good point is that the bills are not being delivered. :clap:

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 15:34 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Post works OK here, could have left the bills until next year though :censored:

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 17:11 #3 

Ragman
First class post is taking 10 days to reach me

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 20:38 #4 

starbug2
I've stuff ordered online that has not yet come :mad1: but seem to get the odd bill, Xmas card :roll:

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 20:40 #5 

Cowley_MOA
The post is a total joke at the moment! A cheque posted on December 6th arrived to me on the 17th, and that was first class!!!
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 23 Dec 2010, 01:08 #6 

PaulT
No doubt the posties have been filling in their risk assessments and concluding that it is too dangerous to go outside so need to stay in the warm sorting office.

As a PS anyone else old enough to remember post deliveries on Xmas Day?
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 23 Dec 2010, 08:27 #7 

Bernard
PaulT wrote:No doubt the posties have been filling in their risk assessments and concluding that it is too dangerous to go outside so need to stay in the warm sorting office.

As a PS anyone else old enough to remember post deliveries on Xmas Day?

I used to do Christmas GPO temping while I was a student. Christmas day deliveries were quite enjoyable and the public loved it. We also got paid double for it. I think around 5 shillings an hour.

The regular postmen enjoyed staying in the nice warm sorting office while we students tramped the cold streets even then. Easy work though compared with other jobs that I did at the time.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 23 Dec 2010, 10:16 #8 

Dallas
Our post here in Wimborne stopped for 4/5 days as we had 4 inches of snow (now we rarely get snow like that here) but yes! the post did stop. :o

What I did is walk down into town to the sorting office to collect my post (done this 3 times now), gave the guys a ring before hand and off we went (great fun it was as we took the sledge). Got there and the post master asked if I could take some of my neighbors post, 'Off course I said' (so a few bundles of post and off we went back home). easy! :D

Now! why cant the postman do the same and go on foot, our guys drive vans so obviously they cant go driving in and around all the small side roads and streets that have not been treated, but! they can go on foot with a trolley......................... funny! thing is! over the last few days I've seen many posties on foot with a trolley (post arrives in the afternoon now).....

Posted 23 Dec 2010, 15:18 #9 

Duncan
Our postie is great and very helpful. Been busy today: saw him mid morning and no post, but got home at 5 and he'd been down our road again.

On the other hand, from the same sorting office, someone decided to recycle a whole load of mail. That is, they dumped them in a recycling bin instead of delivering them. I suspect they won't be working there again! I hope they get charged with something too.

Posted 23 Dec 2010, 17:48 #10 

Zeb
Our postie...not our usual regular postie either...missed us with a parcel yesterday...so came back at the end of his shift just on the off-chance he might catch us in.....what a star! :D

Posted 23 Dec 2010, 18:58 #11 

Duncan
Zeb wrote:Our postie...not our usual regular postie either...missed us with a parcel yesterday...so came back at the end of his shift just on the off-chance he might catch us in.....what a star! :D

Our normal postie does that too. Really good guy, still don't know his name though.

Posted 24 Dec 2010, 10:45 #12 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Ordered a piece of equipment from Klikatek on 22nd at 13.11, free delivery 7 days Royal Mail 2nd class.

It arrived today at 12.00.

Good old RM. :) First class service. :)

Posted 24 Dec 2010, 12:10 #13