NI Rover 75/ MG ZT Meet -12th Feb 2011 - Others welcomed! by Colin_NI

Colin_NI
With the ever rising cost of petrol and everyone being tough for money after the new year, I figured after cancelling the go-kart event that a smaller, MUCH CHEAPER event should replace it that everyone can attend also the 5th didnt seem to suit everybody!

As always the event welcomes any Rover or MG owners (such as MG ZR, Metros, Rover 800 etc) of any shape, age or size that wish to come along and is not exclusive to Rover 75 or MG ZT owners or club members of Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club

We will be especially welcoming to non-owners who are potentially interested in purchasing a Rover 75 or MG ZT. Everyone is welcomed along with your family members.

The Event

My suggestion for the next event location is the "Titanic Dock and Pump House" in Belfast on Saturday the 12th February 2011.

Titanic's Dock and Pump-House | Home | Belfast | NISP

Note the 75 and zt club public liability insurance doesnt cover us folks in NI.

Not only does it offer a safe, secure and well layed out parking locationwhich will be ideal for ourselves. There is also a visitors centre, shop and cafe and a historical tour including the pump house taking around 40 minates which is rated extremely highly by the tourist association. The tour is only available on Satudays at 2pm.

Additionally it has first class facilities for disabled access, changing facilities for children and mother and baby rooms also. Plus should the weather be against us, then the indoor facilities will again work to everyones advantage.

The Suggestion

My thoughts are prehaps everyone gather outside on the day around mid day, spend some time in the facility and then have a meal in the cafe, followed by a photoshoot prehaps of the cars and club members enjoying themselves? I think it would be great to have the NI members all at a popular NI tourist spot!

As you can see in this picture they have hosted car events previously however im basing our event on a smaller scale than the collection of cars in the photo.

What the tourist board say.....

Quote:

Titanic's Dock and Pump-House comprises a 7-acre scheduled monument site which includes the Thompson Dry Dock and its associated Pump-House.

The Pump-House was once the beating heart of Harland & Wolffs operation during the construction of the great White Star Liners - Britannic, Olympic and most famously the RMS Titanic. The Thompson Dock itself is the footprint of Titanic and provides an amazing representation of the scale of the ship. Today the Pump-House comprises of a Visitor Centre & Café with daily guided tours in operation - the only publicly accessible intact piece of the Titanic's great legacy which is open in the city of her birthplace, Belfast.

Tours of the Pump House are available all year round and include an interactive audio visual display. Our tour guide will give visitors an in-depth understanding of the story of the dock, having special access inside the Pump-House to meet the ‘Apprentice’, and will walk along the full length of the dock to truly capture the size and scale of the Titanic, where they can also view the caisson gate.

There is disabled access to the Pump-House available. Some of the ground surface can be uneven, please wear appropriate footwear and dress for the weather. Male, female, disabled toilets & baby changing facilities provided on site.
I feel this would be a really simple and enjoyable event for everyone similar to the event in August which was hugely popular.

Costs

Adult £6.00
Children (Age 5-16) £4.00 - Children under 5 go FREE
Family ticket (2 adults + up to 2 children) £15.00

Costs for parking is free subject to the purchase of guided tours or purchases of refreshments/souvenirs to the value of £5 in the Visitors Centre otherwise parking charges are as follows:

Cars Free with guided tours or other purchases or:

Half Day - £3.50
Full Day - £10

Basicially with everyone going inside for a tour or a cafe visit then we will have our parking payed for. The parking is via a barrier system for additional security.

Getting there - Main Land mark, Oddessy

Point B on the map below is your destination. It should be noted the Belfast Harbour Estate doesnt function well with Sat Navs and despite being seperated into a dozen postcodes, recongises the entire area as a single map region.

From the South:

Continue from the M1 onto the Westlink. Follow the signs to the M3 (City Centre/Belfast City Airport/A2). From the M3 take the Queen’s Island turn off. At the cross roads with traffic lights go straight ahead. You are now on the Queen’s Road. Continue past the Odyssey Arena’s Coach Park and Titanic's Dock & Pump-House is exactly 1 mile along the road on the left hand side. There are brown tourist signs along the road to guide you.

From the North/West:

Continue down the M2 towards Belfast and get into the lane marked ‘M3 (Belfast (E) Belfast City Airport)’. This will now take you over the Lagan Bridge. Once on the Lagan Bridge (M3) take the Queen’s Island turn off. At the cross roads with traffic lights go straight ahead. You are now on the Queen’s Road. Continue along the road and Titanic's Dock & Pump-House is exactly 1 mile up on the left hand side. There are brown tourist signs along the road to guide you.

From the Ards Peninsula/Belfast City Airport:

From the Airport, take the Underpass towards Belfast City Centre. You are now on the Sydenham Bypass. (The Sydenham Bypass (A2) is also the main route into Belfast from the Ards Peninsula and North Down).
Exit the Sydenham Bypass at the Dee Street junction (from the right lane) and at the mini roundabout (approximately 25 meters from the junction) turn left. You are now on the Sydenham Road. Continue down the Sydenham Road until your reach the cross roads with traffic lights (as marked on the map) and turn right at the lights. You are now on Queen’s Road. Continue along the road exactly 1 mile and Titanic's Dock & Pump-House is on the left. There are brown tourist signs along the road to guide you.

Register your interest

For those wishing to go to the event, please add your name to the list below, copying and pasting in your reply. I have now confirmed that numbers will be boosted significently with various members from the Classic Rover Club of Northern Ireland attending the event also!

I will keep updating the list with everyone that I know of from the sites that are likely to turn up, the other guests from other clubs I wont know for sure until sooner.

Updated Saturday 22/1/2011 for those in attendance that I currently know off!

1 - Colin (Colin_NI - Club Regional Secretary MG ZT)
2 - Gareth McCullogh (Gmac from club, MG ZT)
3 - Will (0ii0 from club, MG ZT)
4 - Mike Curran (The Rover man along with his Rover woman Maureen, either his SD1 or his Rover 75)
5 - James Thompson (Rover 25 from facebook)
6 - Gareth Firth (MG ZS from .org)
7 - Brian Millar (MG ZS from .org)
8 - Mad Mel (Rover 45 from .org 50/50)
9 - Neill Jeffery (neilljeffery fom club, Rover 75 Tourer)
10 - Sven Sktoppen (svensktoppen from RMS, 1.8 K series Lotus Elise)
11 - Adam Hamilton (Good friend of mine, Primrose Yellow 75)
12 - Craig (craig8661 from .org, Rover 75)
13 - Helen (craig8661 misses from .org in her Rover 25)
14 - Philip McQuillan (Phil from club, in MG ZT providing graduation doesnt clash!)
15 - Pete (NineK from RMS, potentially MG Midgit!)
16 -
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 -
21 -
22 -
23 -
24 -
25 -

People can contact me using my msn and e-mail address below, image used to prevent spam mail.

Facebook events page for NI/ROI owners -http://www.facebook.com/#%21/group.php?gid=147988158548390

Posted 20 Jan 2011, 20:04 #1 

Last edited by Colin_NI on 22 Jan 2011, 20:55, edited 2 times in total.

JohnDotCom
Best of luck with this and I wish it every success.
I would have loved to come to this but at going rate will still not be driving.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 20 Jan 2011, 20:56 #2 

Colin_NI
Numbers are looking excellent. I will be adding my phone number a couple of days before the event so people can contact me before hand.
Facebook events page for NI/ROI owners -http://www.facebook.com/#%21/group.php?gid=147988158548390

Posted 31 Jan 2011, 19:30 #3 

JohnDotCom
Glad to see you are getting good support in NI.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 31 Jan 2011, 19:37 #4 

Colin_NI
Updated Saturday 05/2/2011 for those in attendance that I currently know off!

1 - Colin (Colin_NI - Club Regional Secretary MG ZT)
2 - Gareth McCullogh (Gmac from club, MG ZT)
3 - Will (0ii0 from club, MG ZT)
4 - Mike Curran (The Rover man along with his Rover woman Maureen, either his SD1 or his Rover 75)
5 - James Thompson (Rover 25 from facebook)
6 - Gareth Firth (MG ZS from .org)
7 - Brian Millar (MG ZS from .org)
8 - Mad Mel (Rover 45 from .org 50/50)
9 - Neill Jeffery (neilljeffery fom club, Rover 75 Tourer)
10 - Sven Sktoppen (svensktoppen from RMS, 1.8 K series Lotus Elise)
11 - Adam Hamilton (Good friend of mine, Primrose Yellow 75)
12 - Craig (craig8661 from .org, Rover 75)
13 - Helen (craig8661 misses from .org in her Rover 25)
14 - Philip McQuillan (Phil from club, in MG ZT providing graduation doesnt clash!)
15 - Pete (NineK from RMS, potentially MG Midgit!)
16 - Gary (IceBlueNI from club, Rover 75)
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 -
21 -
22 -
23 -
24 -
25 -

PLEASE NOTE, WE WILL BE PARKING IN THE CAR PARK NOT AROUND THE DOCK FOR INSURANCE REASONS!!!

People can contact me using my phone number IF YOU PM ME I WILL SEND IT TO YOU.

Posted 05 Feb 2011, 01:55 #5 

Colin_NI
Well it was a good turn out today, and thanks for everyone turning up who made the trip there!

Titanic tour was extremely interesting and I really enjoyed it, but the banter was as good as ever, we didnt all leave until 5pm there.

Think we had 16 cars there at one stage, and plenty of banter all round.

As always ive added the photos ive taken to facebook the link is here http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.ph ... 8158548390

The rest of the photos people send me I will add here, in the mean time ive also published my photos here. High res ones are available if you e-mail me on my usual e-mail address.
Well it was a good turn out today, and thanks for everyone turning up who made the trip there!

Titanic tour was extremely interesting and I really enjoyed it, but the banter was as good as ever, we didnt all leave until 5pm there.

Think we had 16 cars there at one stage, and plenty of banter all round.

As always ive added the photos to facebook the link is here http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.ph ... 8158548390

Posted 12 Feb 2011, 18:33 #6 

Colin_NI
Here we go folks!

Posted 12 Feb 2011, 19:21 #7 

Colin_NI

Posted 12 Feb 2011, 19:34 #8 

Bernard
That looks to be a nice P5. Is it as good as the piccie?
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 12 Feb 2011, 19:37 #9 

Colin_NI
Oh yes, 3500cc and boy does she sound good!

Posted 12 Feb 2011, 19:52 #10 

kandyman
Thanks for sharing the pictures with us, looks like you had a good turn up.

Posted 12 Feb 2011, 20:06 #11