Nexen N8000 tyres by raistlin

raistlin
I've been offered what seems like a good deal on a pair of Nexen N8000 tyres and a quick search on Google seems to suggest that they are very good, if not a premium brand.

Does anybody on here have any practical experience of them please?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 06 Mar 2013, 17:23 #1 

Bernard
Have had some in the past. I cannot remember any problem with them. Not much help but not exactly a negative.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 06 Mar 2013, 21:09 #2 

carlpenn
I had Nexens N2000 range and they where very good. I think they only come in 15" Size though. Haven't had N8000, but currently have Nexen Nblue fitted. I like Nexen Tyres, good for everyday motoring, I put my N2000's above the Avon ZV5's I had previous.

Again not much help directly, but Nexen do seem a good Tyre Manufacturer to me too.
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 06 Mar 2013, 23:01 #3 

raistlin
Thanks for the replies chaps :) At £104 for a pair of 215/55 x 16 tyres fitted I think I'll have a punt.
Paul

Posted 07 Mar 2013, 20:05 #4 

dattrike
Paul,
have a look here:
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Nexen/N8000.htm
I think you have a bargain..

Posted 08 Mar 2013, 03:34 #5 

bertie
Have you thought about the Barum Bravuris 2. I'm running on them and they suit the car well. Nice pliable sidewall, pretty quiet (quieter than Avon's they replaced - albeit they were pretty worn). Seem to have fairly good rep. They are owned by Continental and made in Czech Republic.
Although I also considered the Nexens.

Posted 12 Mar 2013, 17:38 #6 

raistlin
Well, my deal on the Nexen N8000 fell through :(

Never mind though, I got a set of four Nexen NBlue Eco from Event Tyres. They came to my house and fitted the new tyres, took the old ones away and the chap doing the fitting took great care of VeeKay, even when he thought I wasn't watching.

More expensive than the deal I had on the N8000 but even so, £11 per corner cheaper than my local Tyreservices could do them for, and that's with me driving to them.

So overall, happy with the end result.

Oh and btw, the Nexens have given the car even more of a magic carpet style ride. Wonderfully quiet :)

Worth checking Event Tyres out I'd suggest, when you need tyres. Especially as they could well be cheaper than you driving to a tyre depot.
Paul

Posted 27 Mar 2013, 21:07 #7 

Duncan
Yes, Event tyres are my preferred supplier too. Did they use that magic air jack?

Posted 27 Mar 2013, 22:17 #8 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:Did they use that magic air jack?

Yes. It seems a very clever bit of kit
Paul

Posted 27 Mar 2013, 22:22 #9 

dattrike
I've just had a pair of Nexen NBlue Eco tyres put on the front of the Tourer, I find them quiet as well, had Nexen CP 641's on previously, they lasted 13000 miles on the front.
Just checked and Event are £10 each cheaper than what I paid, :cry: I know where I'm having the rears from when needed. :-D

Posted 28 Mar 2013, 00:24 #10 

Duncan
raistlin wrote:
Duncan wrote:Did they use that magic air jack?

Yes. It seems a very clever bit of kit

I want one but can't afford it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-2-5-TON-H ... 3cb52ca6d0

They managed to lift front and rear of our roomster off the ground on one side, with just one of these!

Posted 28 Mar 2013, 08:49 #11