Newbie by nightshade

nightshade
Hi, just thought i would say hello. I`ve got an MG ZT-T 190se which i hope will now run ok. I am new to forums so sorry if i get it wrong!
Lee

Posted 02 May 2011, 21:08 #1 

Cowley_MOA
Welcome aboard mate, any problems please post them up. We are here to help :)
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 02 May 2011, 21:10 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Most welcome Lee. :)

Posted 02 May 2011, 21:11 #3 

kandyman
Hi Lee,

Welcome to the forums, be nice to hear some more about your car.

Posted 02 May 2011, 21:20 #4 

nightshade
Hi,

It`s not been the best start, owned the car since 09/10 after 6 weekes the exhaust fell off, on the way to get the exhaust fixed the head gasket let go, it sounds comical but all true. Went to adjust the handbrake and found all but one locking wheel nut jammed. Then a weird electrical issue developed involving the dash display, central locking and the radio. I bought the car knowing it had scabby wheels and dodgy fuel gauge which have yet to be sorted, i will get there, eventually.

Lee

Posted 03 May 2011, 18:58 #5 

Zeb
Hi Lee... electrical issue sounds like a dodgy battery... Very very unusual for these cars to suffer head gasket failure....you want to be absolutely sure that that is what it is rather than thermostat housing leaking or such-like. The locking wheel nuts are a pita...

Anyway, welcome along!

Posted 03 May 2011, 19:36 #6 

nightshade
Hi,
Forgot that, battery replaced aswell. the electrical fault was traced to the right hand 'gizmo?' box in the boot. Unfortunatly it was HGF (Head Gasket Failure), drunk all the water not a drop near the thermostat.
Cheers Lee.

Posted 03 May 2011, 20:47 #7 

starbug2
welcome and i hope that things will sort out soonest for you

Posted 05 May 2011, 19:01 #8 

nightshade
Hi,
Thanks for the warm welcome, the odd hiccup will get sorted in time as i think the car is worth it.
Cheers Lee.

Posted 05 May 2011, 21:17 #9 

MrB
Welcome Lee

Had to do quite a lot of work to mine when | first got it too, but it has definitely been worth it.

Hoping you have many happy years motoring with your ZT-T
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 06 May 2011, 11:12 #10