New toy :o)) by austin_1100

• Related topics: (no related topics)

austin_1100
Hello All,

It's my first post on here... Although I've owned a ZT-T since 2006, and posted elsewhere in the past...

As I said above I already own an 2003 ZT-T, which I bought in 2006. It's covered 40K from new and really is a high days/holidays motor. It gets the odd show outing as well.

My daily driver for the past 3 years has been an MG ZS, but due to height restrictions (and long legs), the range of adjustment on the seats etc, was not enough for me to drive comfortably. In addition, the cost of running the car ever seemed to mounting (fuel economy on the 1.8 just didn't seem to add up) - I think my heavy right foot didn't help either.

So, I made the leap back into owning a ZT as my daily motor. I bought this lovely Trophy ZT on 25th May - and I'm very pleased!

Equipment wise it's pretty basic (at the moment), but it does benefit with having Xenon's, Headlamp washers (they don't appear to work at the moment), the Webasto parking heater (which doesn't appear to work), and heated washer jets.

There were a few "niggly" things wrong with the car when I bought it - so took a visit to my local friendly scrapyard today - and picked up a few bits and pieces (including something I didn't expect to buy!). The bonnet had some nasty "dings" on it - and, well, in the scrapyard was a Trophy Blue ZT with a good bonnet... 20 minutes later the bonnet was off, and after struggling to get it in the back of my Dad's Freelander we drove home with it part hanging out of the back window!

Anyway, some time spent this afternoon fitting, and polishing really has made a difference!

My next job is sorting out the drivers door lock which now refuses to lock without the key being inserted into the lock - I assume the motor has packed up?

Piccies are below - and in the next few weeks I hope to get the ZT and ZT-T together for a few pics

Cheers,

Michael T

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 05 Jun 2013, 19:17 #1 

austin_1100
The other pics...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 05 Jun 2013, 19:18 #2 

austin_1100
Final few (for now) :)

Posted 05 Jun 2013, 19:19 #3 

Borg Warner
Lovely jubbly.

Those Freelanders really are a good tool, despite what some of the real Landy owners think, on my 4th a V6 (did have a bang on the head once though).

Oh and hello.

Gary M

Posted 05 Jun 2013, 19:21 #4 

austin_1100
Yeah, it's my Dad's second... Of course with the lovely TD4 in it ;)

Cheers,

Michael T

Posted 05 Jun 2013, 19:38 #5 

1gp
looking very nice .....

Posted 05 Jun 2013, 19:58 #6 

takestock
Bonnet look absolutely faultless, good find in a breakers :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 06 Jun 2013, 19:17 #7 

kandyman
Looks good,

Lucky to find one in the correct colour

Posted 06 Jun 2013, 21:13 #8