New series of Top Gear starts tonight 8pm. by Tootall

Tootall
Well the boys are back on the telly tonight for a new series :clap: .
Reports are that they are using a new "Reasonably Priced Car" which is supposed to be a Kia Cee'd diesel.
James May drives a Toyota Hilux up the Icelandic volcano that through out all that ash a while back.
Ex-Longbridge track monkey.

Posted 27 Jun 2010, 09:02 #1 

starbug2
Tootall wrote:Well the boys are back on the telly tonight for a new series :clap: .
Reports are that they are using a new "Reasonably Priced Car" which is supposed to be a Kia Cee'd diesel.
James May drives a Toyota Hilux up the Icelandic volcano that through out all that ash a while back.

i'll be watching :thumbsup:

Posted 27 Jun 2010, 10:18 #2 

Dave
I'll be watching and enjoying, but I hope that there is something new - getting a bit fed up of "Reasonably Priced" and challenges which usually result in wrecking what appear to be usable cars....

(Hang on a minute. I'm saying I want change! I'll be calling Marathons Snickers next...... :gmc: )

Posted 27 Jun 2010, 11:11 #3 

Samarkand
I have never been able to watch Top Gear on the TV in France and here in Cairo. All I do from time to time is watch some cuts on Youtube...
Majed
I miss you a lot Samarkand!

Posted 27 Jun 2010, 15:46 #4 

takestock
Wait for the moaning from the Reliant owners club now :D :D :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 27 Jun 2010, 20:32 #5 

JohnDotCom
Stabilisers worked quite well, shame he didn't make it waterproof though. :D
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 27 Jun 2010, 22:12 #6 

James.uk
The Reliant Scimitar was a good car. A very very good car. :D

Posted 27 Jun 2010, 22:30 #7 

RRobson
Samarkand wrote:I have never been able to watch Top Gear on the TV in France and here in Cairo. All I do from time to time is watch some cuts on Youtube...

cant you just watch them on the BBC iplayer?

no good bolting staibalisers to a plastic wing :mrgreen: couldnt see much point in the staged news report though. however, i agree with change. i wasnt particulaly bothered if i missed an episode in the last series, it was just same old, but i must say i quite enjoyed tonites episode. hopefully it wont revert into the programme it was as i dont think i could stand another

"Ooh, i know, lets drive three of the most expensie cars money can buy to somewhere or no real relevance for no apparent reason and make it the main feature in tonights programme

saying that, i couldnt see much point in driving the hilux to the bottom of a volcano to collect a bit of rock, but i suppose it was a little different :roll:
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 27 Jun 2010, 22:45 #8 

Dave
RRobson wrote:saying that, i couldnt see much point in driving the hilux to the bottom of a volcano to collect a bit of rock, but i suppose it was a little different :roll:

Thought the same

Also thought it was a bit unbelievable when they got it out from under the tarpaulin where it had been "left to rot"

A custom, 4 year old Toyota Hi-Lux? If they don't want it, I'll have it!!!

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 17:32 #9 

Jürgen
I do like Top Gear, although they never do a proper car review. But as it's just a car show, I don't expect real life stuff.

RRobson wrote:cant you just watch them on the BBC iplayer?

No, it's restricted. :(

"Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only."

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 18:31 #10 

Tourerfogey
James.uk wrote:The Reliant Scimitar was a good car. A very very good car. :D

Albeit with a tendency to catch fire . . .

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 18:48 #11 

ColinB
I just sit down and enjoy the show. I don't analyse it, I just enjoy it. Then again I am easily pleased. :lol:

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 16:33 #12 

takestock
ColinB wrote:I just sit down and enjoy the show. I don't analyse it, I just enjoy it. Then again I am easily pleased. :lol:

Yup just take it for what it is, the best job in the world, three mates just having a laugh :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 17:35 #13 

starbug2
ColinB wrote:I just sit down and enjoy the show. I don't analyse it, I just enjoy it. Then again I am easily pleased. :lol:

me too :iagree:

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 17:38 #14 

MrB
starbug2 wrote:

me too :iagree:

me three :iagree:
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 20:02 #15