The car has a failed clutch as well as a ditched interior, a few pics below:
Leaving the garage it had been sat at for 6 months:
The boot well was full of water, but draining revealed along with soaked highline gear, this:
The next few days will be spent cleaning and appraising what we need, sadly won't be ready for this weekend though!
OK, so two days of cleaning and the next job is removing the tow bar, upon removing the wiring from the front of the car towards the back, it was time to trace through to the bar itself. Having had highline, I removed the cover to find this:
Ok, arguably from tha angle, not so bad, however closer inspection showed us this:
and the wires.
The radio module had actually rotted into the BMW connector, so both a replacement module AND loom segment will need to be sourced.
It was evident that the boot has some serious leaks, so this morning they were looked into. upon fitting the tow-bar, the garage had pulled the rear-light bungs through to body, so water was coming in there. The two bar wiring had beend drilled though the wheel well, as opposed to using the factory bung, and we discovered this gem:
The vent was not even fitted, and the bodywork has been damaged at some point, so work focused on that area and cleaning the boot as best as possible:
and the result was: