New member saying hi by johnwh74

johnwh74
After meeting the wonderful people at the Lincolnshire meet today, i wanted to join and say hi and thank you to all that made me and Amy feel welcome.

Great to meet a fantastic bunch of people, got chauffeured around in a gorgeous black V8 monster :mrgreen: , Got to have a go in Jakes ZT :mrgreen: , Stubs fixed my cruise control - big thank you for that :mrgreen: and bought some leather paint to do my steering wheel and its looking like new already.
Some great information and pointers that will save me some money...

Big thanks again and hope to see you all again soon

John and Amy
Nottingham Forest Forever

Posted 15 Aug 2010, 19:35 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Welcome aboard John, pleasure to meet you and Amy today, I'm sure we'll meet up again at another meet in the near future. Three meets in one sentence. Is that a record? :panic:
This one is next weekend:- viewtopic.php?f=14&t=286
This one in September:- viewtopic.php?f=14&t=878

Posted 15 Aug 2010, 20:21 #2 

johnwh74
Thanks Mick.

Had a look at both the meet dates and Amy is pestering me to go buy a tent so we can come stop at the one next weekend. Sounds like it could be fun but will let you know.

John

Posted 16 Aug 2010, 21:08 #3 

JakeWilson
johnwh74 wrote:After meeting the wonderful people at the Lincolnshire meet today, i wanted to join and say hi and thank you to all that made me and Amy feel welcome.

Great to meet a fantastic bunch of people, got chauffeured around in a gorgeous black V8 monster :mrgreen: , Got to have a go in Jakes ZT :mrgreen: , Stubs fixed my cruise control - big thank you for that :mrgreen: and bought some leather paint to do my steering wheel and its looking like new already.
Some great information and pointers that will save me some money...

Big thanks again and hope to see you all again soon

John and Amy

Dear John and Amy,

Really glad that you came around on Sunday! You're always welcome to pop around if you're in the area. 'pending on the car I hope to see you next weekend.

If you get round to swapping your current vehicle for a zt and would like an extra set of eyes and ears, then please do not hesitate to contact me - I have PM'd you my mobile.

We will be having a meeting again soon, with ideas of bonfire/fireworks night pie night springing to mind!

Jake

Posted 16 Aug 2010, 21:52 #4 

johnwh74
Hey Jake

Thanks for the offer and the invite. I think a bonfire night meet is an amazing idea and if you do decide to arrange it, you have a definate yes from us :D ( if there is anything we can do to help with this just let us know)

Glad we came down, was a bit er nervous when we pulled up as we didn't know anyone and didn't know what to expect, so a big thanks for making us feel welcome, i know Amy loved it just as much as i did.

As for the swapping to a Zt, i really want to but i am going to have to work on Amy a bit seeing as she loves all the toys in the conni and wont do without her now electric heated seats :lol:

Have not received your pm thought mate

Thanks John & Amy

Posted 17 Aug 2010, 14:27 #5 

JakeWilson
johnwh74 wrote:Hey Jake

Thanks for the offer and the invite. I think a bonfire night meet is an amazing idea and if you do decide to arrange it, you have a definate yes from us :D ( if there is anything we can do to help with this just let us know)

Glad we came down, was a bit er nervous when we pulled up as we didn't know anyone and didn't know what to expect, so a big thanks for making us feel welcome, i know Amy loved it just as much as i did.

As for the swapping to a Zt, i really want to but i am going to have to work on Amy a bit seeing as she loves all the toys in the conni and wont do without her now electric heated seats :lol:

Have not received your pm thought mate

Thanks John & Amy

Sorry about the lack of message - you now have a PM from me.

Glad you came over, the first meet is always the most daunting, but as you start to learn who people are, it becomes alot easier. Really glad that you enjoyed it.

Will keep all posted on the next meet - a case of watch this space

You can get electric seats on the zt and the heated can be retrofitted I have been told!

Keep well!

J

Posted 17 Aug 2010, 15:06 #6 

Martin
HI john and welcome, sorry to have missed you at Jakes had to go lots to do, no time to do them, and all that see you at the next one and you could try mine out :o :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jake will tell you I think I'm in the bad books :mrgreen: :mrgreen: but sooooooooooooooooo much fun

Martin
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 17 Aug 2010, 16:10 #7 

Zeb
I think John will have to buy a V8 ZT then.....the SE versions, like mine, have heated seats... :D

Posted 17 Aug 2010, 16:42 #8 

johnwh74
Thanks Martin, To be fair we did get to Jakes a bit late due to my brothers stag do the night before :cheers: but i am sure we will get to meet soon, I dont turn downs offers to be chaufered either :D Especially in a V8. To be fair i love them all .

I am liking Zeb more and more, I am thinking i dont actually have to tell Amy its a V8, i could just say its a diesel and has got a sport exhaust on it. she's a woman and wouldn't know :thumbsup:

Glad to be a part of the family :D

John

Posted 17 Aug 2010, 17:14 #9 

Zeb
johnwh74 wrote:Thanks Martin, To be fair we did get to Jakes a bit late due to my brothers stag do the night before :cheers: but i am sure we will get to meet soon, I dont turn downs offers to be chaufered either :D Especially in a V8. To be fair i love them all .

I am liking Zeb more and more, I am thinking i dont actually have to tell Amy its a V8, i could just say its a diesel and has got a sport exhaust on it. she's a woman and wouldn't know :thumbsup:

Glad to be a part of the family :D

John

Get a V8 converted to LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) and you'll have a car that does the equivalent of 35-40 mpg.......how can you go wrong? :confused: :D

Posted 17 Aug 2010, 18:46 #10 

johnwh74
Zeb :iagree: , but Amy says stop encouraging me :lol: , not that i need any encouragement.

does sounds really good though and i just loved the sound of that V8 roar, Thanks again by the way :D

Posted 17 Aug 2010, 19:47 #11 

Zeb
johnwh74 wrote:Zeb :iagree: , but Amy says stop encouraging me :lol: , not that i need any encouragement.

does sounds really good though and i just loved the sound of that V8 roar, Thanks again by the way :D

T'was a pleasure... :D Now, tell Amy that she should be on here in her on right....never mind not having an MG Rover....she might end up getting one.....his 'n' hers V8s...that'd be nice... :D

Posted 17 Aug 2010, 19:57 #12 

Duncan
Zeb wrote:.....his 'n' hers V8s...that'd be nice... :D

OOOH. Now you are getting me excited.

Trouble is Mrs Lowedb is liking her Golf right now. And I have to admit it is doing 60 to the gallon.....

But it doesn't have a V8!!

Posted 17 Aug 2010, 22:14 #13 

johnwh74
Amy can stick to the bus, I want a V8 :hissyfit:

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 20:14 #14 

Zeb
johnwh74 wrote:Amy can stick to the bus, I want a V8 :hissyfit:

Er...what is a 'bus'? :o :shock: :?

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 07:55 #15 

Bernard
Zeb wrote:

Er...what is a 'bus'? :o :shock: :?

It is a highly technical bit of our cars referring to the flow of data sometimes referred to as the 'K' bus or 'I' bus. Later cars have a communication system called the 'CAN (Bus Controller Area Network)' bus.

I'm afraid I don't know any other definition. :confused:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 09:00 #16