Cheers

Tim
:wales:

Posted 25 Jun 2010, 21:46 #1 

Hommer
:iagree: Looking good :mrgreen:

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 06:53 #2 

zojosc
Maybe because it is new and I havent got used to it but I'm not that struck on the new layout, seems a bit of a jumble and with the flying flags, moving aviatars and the section on the left jumping although it stays still when scrolling down, makes me quite giddy. Sorry for my honesty. :gmc:
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 07:45 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
zojosc wrote:Maybe because it is new and I havent got used to it but I'm not that struck on the new layout, seems a bit of a jumble and with the flying flags, moving aviatars and the section on the left jumping although it stays still when scrolling down, makes me quite giddy. Sorry for my honesty. :gmc:

Flying flags, moving avatars, silly signatures etc were all there before and are posted by members, nothing to do with the board or style. You will have to take it up with them, there are no rules here governing what you can or can't add to your posts / profile in the way of avatars and signatures. Whereas elsewhere that sort of thing is highly controlled. I prefer to let things find their own level than force people to conform.

Your honesty is very much appreciated.

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 08:50 #4 

Zeb
Well done for all your efforts Simon...Generally I like it ...but....I cannot see who is online on the front page now? :(

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 09:58 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Zeb wrote:Well done for all your efforts Simon...Generally I like it ...but....I cannot see who is online on the front page now? :(

To the right of the word "Information" at the bottom of the Home Page there are two small triangles , one pointing down , one pointing up. Click the down arrow to open the info box, it will then remain in that state until you log out. If you wish to regain the screen real estate click the upward pointing triangle.

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 10:20 #6 

raistlin
Maybe it will become more familiar with time Simon but at the moment, the whole thing just seems too "busy", making it difficult to find what I want.

Just my view. :)

For example, it's just taken me a good few seconds to find the "edit" button to add that I can't now see who is online etc, on the front page as I could previously ;)

I know Mick has just explained it above but it's not what I'd call intuitive :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 10:24 #7 

Zeb
Mick wrote:
Zeb wrote:Well done for all your efforts Simon...Generally I like it ...but....I cannot see who is online on the front page now? :(

To the right of the word "Information" at the bottom of the Home Page there are two small triangles , one pointing down , one pointing up. Click the down arrow to open the info box, it will then remain in that state until you log out. If you wish to regain the screen real estate click the upward pointing triangle.

Ah, got it! See, that is the first thing I always look at...to see who is about to wind up...er sorry to have a natter with.... :D

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 10:55 #8 

SpongeBob
That should remain either open or closed depending on what triangle you click ;) If it doesn't then let me know as this has been a bit of nightmare during testing.... :angry:

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 11:00 #9 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Zeb wrote:
Mick wrote:

Ah, got it! See, that is the first thing I always look at...to see who is about to wind up...er sorry to have a natter with.... :D

It has been a point of serious discussion whether to keep it or not as it was already built into the style, as you say it is where most go first. All things are changeable / up and downgrade-able. That's the whole point of having a dynamically changeable environment is to enhance the user experience, moving away from industry standards is always a risk but what is life without a particle of risk.

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 11:01 #10 

Dave
Mick wrote:but what is life with(out?) a particle of risk.

Comfortable! :mrgreen:

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 13:33 #11 

Zeb
Dave wrote:

But potentially rather dull.... :shock:

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 14:32 #12 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Dave wrote:

Thanks for pointing out my error. Post amended. :em:

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 14:53 #13 

Dave
Zeb wrote:
Dave wrote:

But potentially rather dull.... :shock:

That's the thing - I sort of prefer safe/comfortable/dull!

Marathons are not Snickers, Cif is really Jif, Coronation Street should never have changed the theme tune.....

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 15:28 #14 

Zeb
'Course...I am all for variety in life too.....

I assume the other versions of the forum could be made available should this one not suit all members?

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 15:40 #15 

SpongeBob
Zeb wrote:'Course...I am all for variety in life too.....

I assume the other versions of the forum could be made available should this one not suit all members?

This will be the only option from now onwards. Too much choice inevitably leads to confusion - for example, when trying to point out to someone where something is on the site the differing layouts would mean potential confusion as to where screen elements were. We hope this style will evolve over time to accommodate new features or adjustments as necessary but a drastic change is not planned anytime soon ;)

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 16:05 #16 

Bernard
The jittery left hand side will provoke an epileptic attack. :shock:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 16:07 #17 

JohnDotCom
Bernard wrote:The jittery left hand side will provoke an epileptic attack. :shock:

You must be using a Windows PC. ;)
This is being looked at by Simon and we hope to have this resolved soon.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 16:12 #18