New addition to the family by persuer

persuer
My new car a rover 75 cdti contemporary se, Pick it up friday.

Posted 03 Jun 2013, 23:04 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
That looks very tidy, and very well specced. Best of everything with it.

Posted 03 Jun 2013, 23:19 #2 

kandyman
Very nice looking motor.

Not to sure about the bumper bra.

Posted 04 Jun 2013, 05:09 #3 

humphshumphs
Looks good, but not sure about the black nose. (If it's wet then the cars ok??? :lol: )
Richard

Posted 04 Jun 2013, 06:04 #4 

1gp
nice car , whats going on at the front .... what goes through some peoples heads ....

Posted 05 Jun 2013, 20:01 #5 

Arctic
(Trader)
Richard
i like it very much you will soon bring that up to sctratch bet it wil be needing the SSC to keep it from rolling down those hills ;) looks like we will be seeing it at the next meet then Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 06 Jun 2013, 00:51 #6 

persuer
I have took possession of my new car but the black front looks like it has been sprayed on over the top of the original paint with matt paint (oh why would anybody do that) does anybody have any suggestions how to remove that without damaging the original paint?. I have heard lacquer thinners or nail varnish remover. Any help would be appreciated on this.

Posted 22 Jun 2013, 10:13 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Either of those will be very aggressive and are likely to damage surrounding paint and what's under the black. Either a respray or replace the bonnet. A suitable replacement can probably sourced for around £50.00.
Hmmm. just noticed it's the bumper as well. :(

Posted 22 Jun 2013, 10:21 #8 

persuer
Thanks Mick I have found a bumper and bonnet for around the £200 mark but my wallet was hit hard buying the car in the first place :).

Oh yes the mondeo TDCI badge is coming off (oh the sacrilege)

Posted 22 Jun 2013, 10:29 #9 

Gren 24
A nice 75,I bet you will soon get those little jobs sorted and looking better for it.

Posted 22 Jun 2013, 16:30 #10 

persuer
Thanks Leslie, there are a couple of subtle things I would like to do.

Posted 22 Jun 2013, 18:11 #11