National Picnic? by Zeb (Page 1 of 2)

Zeb
Zeb has been in sociable mood this year..... :o

Our neighbours are in the Bini club....they have recently been to two 'picnic in the park' events at Clumber park in Nottinghamshire..

Struck me as a good idea..central, roomy, pretty and it'd be a larf...not least because people would be doing something together that they enjoyed..namely eating and talking cars...(as opposed to nano-meets where they seem to do mainly eating and dismantling cars.... :shock:)

What do people think?

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 18:00 #1 

SpongeBob
I think that is a rather smart idea :)

Picnic in the Park. Nice :thumbsup: All we need now is a nice park venue and some grub. Oh, and a handful of like-minded, food-loving, car enthusiasts to join! :D

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 18:05 #2 

goodlittlewifey
meetings there are a good idea, but its quite expensive to park at Clumber park, it cost us £5,20 a couple of weeks ago,
you can park for free on the grass as you enter the park, but its a long way from the facilities, ie the cafe , the lake, the toilets, the playpark for the little and the big kids among us, the shop for the people who want to look at the goodies for sale,
just something to bear in mind
we came in from the entrance straight off the A1 and it looks us just under 10 mins to drive to the facilities

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 18:07 #3 

Zeb
SpongeBob wrote:I think that is a rather smart idea :)

Picnic in the Park. Nice :thumbsup: All we need now is a nice park venue and some grub. Oh, and a handful of like-minded, food-loving, car enthusiasts to join! :D

Thankyou Mr Sponge...hence the suggestion as Clumber park as being central for a first attempt........I am sure their would be interest in a foodfest...The baby Zebs are up for it already.... :cheers:

Heather, I shall be asking the neighbours what sort of discount their club gets.. :) *Hopes they are getting one!*

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 18:09 #4 

goodlittlewifey
okay Zeb, hope its a healthy discount hubby thought £5.20 to just park the car was outrageous, but a few family members had arranged to meet there, and once we all discovered the price it was too late to change location,
they do tractor rides,and ferries acrross the lake as well there, Tim said if you even got a ticket to one of those included in the cost,it wouldnt be so bad,
I did query the price on the gate, and was told you do get to park all day for that price,!!!!! I should blooming well think so,

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 18:26 #5 

Zeb
goodlittlewifey wrote:okay Zeb, hope its a healthy discount hubby thought £5.20 to just park the car was outrageous, but a few family members had arranged to meet there, and once we all discovered the price it was too late to change location,
they do tractor rides,and ferries acrross the lake as well there, Tim said if you even got a ticket to one of those included in the cost,it wouldnt be so bad,
I did query the price on the gate, and was told you do get to park all day for that price,!!!!! I should blooming well think so,

Try to think of it divided by the number of people in the car Heather....it'll help... a bit... :)

(Reckon I'll charge the kids their share... :twisted: )

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 18:30 #6 

goodlittlewifey
there will only be 2 people in our car,,do your kids get pocket money, if so just say instead of pocket money this week, we,re going on a special surprise outing

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 18:33 #7 

Zeb
Just been mooching around their website..it is a National Trust property so for members it is 'free' (in that they have already paid) parking and entrance....I shall enquire...

Mind you, plenty of other possible locations.....it's the people and the picnic that is important really... :D

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 18:41 #8 

raistlin
Seems like a great idea :D

Not bothered about the eating part as I have to take care of my sylph-like figure but the rest of it I'm up for :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 19:00 #9 

Ragman
Certainly like the idea

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 19:08 #10 

dacman
Now theres an idea Zeb, could even take the caravan, make a weekend of it and hey presto bacon butty tent lol

dac

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 19:10 #11 

goodlittlewifey
Im sure Tim would like the sound of bacon buttys,

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 20:25 #12 

JohnDotCom
Sounds a great idea,
the food side (similar to Raistlin) most probably wouldn't interest me but..........
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 21:13 #13 

Ragman
Well yes - I too would bring a low calorie salad - NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :rolling: :thumbsup: :clap: :rolling: :thumbsup:

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 00:01 #14 

Trebor
i would be up for this too, great idea :D
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 09:55 #15 

DeuxGazoles
Clumber Park's a superb location for it I'd be up for it.....................permission to turn it into a pie-nic :mrgreen:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 12:34 #16 

takestock
DeuxGazoles wrote:Clumber Park's a superb location for it I'd be up for it.....................permission to turn it into a pie-nic :mrgreen:

you can keep yer ands of me pies matey :mad1:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 12:36 #17 

goodlittlewifey
whose bringing the B B Q , not takestock I hope :mrgreen:

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 22:15 #18 

RRobson
goodlittlewifey wrote:whose bringing the B B Q , not takestock I hope :mrgreen:

doesnt matter who brings one, just as long as they know how to cook :D this may or may not rulle several people out :gmc:
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 22:23 #19 

JohnDotCom
Only one great Barbie host here thats Mick. :mrgreen:
Ask the Nano meet guys. ;)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 22:38 #20