Nano weekend meet 21/22 August by Trebor (Page 1 of 13)

Trebor
The next West Midlands Nano-Meet will now take place on Sunday 22nd August 2010 starting at 10:00 (ish)

There is now another change of venue, and the format of the meet is extending

The event will now take place at:- Four Ashes Inn, Wolverhampton, WV10 7DG Please note that, although it has a Wolverhampton post code, this is a country pub

Click here to see map http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=utf-8& ... 16&iwloc=A

Thanks to Lyndon (Wolves 75) and Mick (Wide load) we have the use of some excellent facilities

There is a camping area at the Inn which will take Tents, caravans etc. and is fairly secluded and gated. We will have the use of the shower block as well.

The nano-meet will still take place starting at 10:00 ish on the Sunday BUT, here's the difference:-

We know some members are keen to stay overnight so what we've planned is to have a meal at the inn at 7:00 pm on the Saturday night as a bit of a social get-together. That should suit those who are camping, those of us who are local (although a few of the local members are camping anyway just for the craic ). There is also a Premier Inn motel for those that prefer, right by the M54 motorway called the Moseley Park and that is a mere 5 minutes away from the venue. http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/WOLM ... pton-north

Everybody is invited for either the Saturday evening meal / drinkies, the nano-meet or both

Of course, those who would have liked to attend a nano-meet but thought it was too far to travel can now join in the fun.

There is a 24 bay hard-standing plus a huge grassed area for cars to be worked on so no limit on numbers. The usual facilities and expertise will, of course, be available.

There are several options for food on the day of the nano-meet and of course the tea and coffee will be there as usual. Plus there's a pub so what more could you need

There is no charge for any of this, the meet, the camping facilities etc. All the inn owner asks is that we use the bar, which seems perfectly fair and if we get a goodly number for the meal on the Saturday night, I'm sure he'll be happy and will welcome us again

Can those of you already attending the nano-meet let us know your intentions as far as staying overnight or joining us at the Inn on Staurday evening.

Anybody else who would now like to come along, please add a post at the end of this thread, letting us know your requirements. Families are most welcome

This promises to be a great event. We look forward to seeing faces old and new

A similar thread is also running on the 75/ZT owners club forum and there are alreday a number of names down, but please add your name below if attending and myself and Paul will confer on the 2 lists so we know how mnay will be attending.

Please post below and i will keep under constant review and update the list.

What we need to know as follows:

Are you having the meal in the pub at 7pm, if so how many for as we will need to know numbers ?

Will be staying over on Saturday, if so will you be in a tent/caravan or using thye local Premier Inn ?

Will you be attending the Sunday morning nano meet, and is there a job you wish to do on your car, if so what ?

Paul (Raistlin) Electric rear window blind needs fettling Meal (including SWMBO), staying in my own pit over-night and nano-meet.

Rob (Trebor) Bonnet closure gap adjustment Meal, camping over-night and nano-meet

John (JDC) Possible automatic powerfolds mod and door trim panel replacement. Nano-meet, possibly meal and hotel overnight

Mick (Grey Ghost) Catering manager in residence. Meal, camping over-night and nano-meet

Mike (Rover418275) Nano-meet

Ben (Typhoon 190) Meal, camping and nano-meet

Duncan (Lowedb) Nano-meet

Lyndon (Wolves 75) Puddle lights loom Meal, camping over-night and nano-meet

Mick (Wide Load) Meal, camping over-night and nano-meet

David (The_Monk) T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) Ninja Nano-meet

Dennis (RovingDennis) Sort out drain blockage

Steve (Troop) Paintwork renovation advice Meal and nano-meet

Bernard (Bernard LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas)) Nano-meet

Lloyd (baggie9) Nano-meet

John (Number 6)

Dale (courier118) Ultimate Remote project. Nano-meet

Les (Gren 24) Possibly meal, definitely nano-meet

Karl (karl) Meal, camping over-night and nano-meet

Mark (markb63) Meal, motel over-night and nano-meet

Thomas (Thomas 75 connie) Meal, camping overnight and nano-meet

JakeWilson Camping and Nano meet

James (1GP) Sunday only

John Aston Sunday Midday onward

chrislloydie and family Saturday meal, camping overnight and Nano meet.

Deux Gazoles Saturday meal Camping and Nano meet

geesmith Sunday probably.

Tim (TimO) & Bev, Camping, Meal and Nano meet

Martin ( Chartermark ) Saturday evening and nanao meet

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 21:50 #1 

Last edited by Trebor on 12 Aug 2010, 11:35, edited 2 times in total.

JohnDotCom
Will be there for the Nano on Sunday but at the moment cannot confirm Saturday.
Be at the Inn if I stay on Saturday night.
Would like to come to the Meal if I do stay.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 23:15 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
My Awning Frame tent sleeps two comfortably and I have a spare camp bed. Ladies only need apply. :)

Seriously if someone needs a place to sleep they are most welcome, I have ear plugs if you are a snorer but only for me, the sheep will have to take care of themselves. :) There is room for another person or two small ones but you will have to bring your own bed / camping mattress.

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 00:35 #3 

Mad-Monkey
I can't do the evening before unfortunately :( Sounds awesome too! Will be there for the Sunday though!

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 06:26 #4 

wide load
Meal, camping and meet, Thank you.

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 09:11 #5 

Duncan
If I can make it, it's likely to be Sunday only. Will know better nearer the time.

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 18:58 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Duncan wrote:If I can make it, it's likely to be Sunday only. Will know better nearer the time.

Hi Duncan I'll pencil you in for Sunday on the list. :)

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 19:23 #7 

raistlin
Mick wrote:
Duncan wrote:If I can make it, it's likely to be Sunday only. Will know better nearer the time.

Mick, do you want to copy and paste from the other forum thread on this subject?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 19:35 #8 

Mick
(Site Admin)
raistlin wrote:
Mick wrote:

Mick, do you want to copy and paste from the other forum thread on this subject?

List of names? Can do. And vice versa if you haven't already done so. :)

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 20:28 #9 

raistlin
Mick wrote:List of names? Can do. And vice versa if you haven't already done so. :)

I think the club thread is more or less up to date at the moment Mick
Paul

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 20:31 #10 

Trebor
Wondered who had been messing with my thread when i saw names appearing before my very eyes without me pressing the edit button !

Thanks Mick
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 22:19 #11 

raistlin
Seems to have ground to a halt.

Do we think we have enough people for a good time on Saturday night?

I really don't want to know what you 'campers' get up to afterwards though ;)
Paul

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 14:30 #12 

raistlin
SWMBO said she isn't going if she will be the only lady there.

I said "It doesn't matter, you'll be welcome whether there are any ladies there or not"

I got a slap... don't know why :shock:
Paul

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 14:34 #13 

Mad-Monkey
Is the urn still needed now we have a bar? Hic :D

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 14:37 #14 

raistlin
Monk wrote:Is the urn still needed now we have a bar? Hic :D

Yes, I think so David. Else some of the jobs might not get done... properly ;)
Paul

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 15:05 #15 

Mick
(Site Admin)
raistlin wrote:
Monk wrote:Is the urn still needed now we have a bar? Hic :D

Yes, I think so David. Else some of the jobs might not get done... properly ;)

I'm tea total so ernie is essential. :)
I'll do the iced drinks thing again as well.

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 15:28 #16 

Mad-Monkey
No probs guys, just thought I'd check. Didn't want to bring it if its not needed, or upset the Inn Keeper. :)

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 15:32 #17 

raistlin
Mick wrote:I'll do the iced drinks thing again as well.

Cheers Mick :D

What about the logistics though? Have you got a freezer in your tent?
Paul

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 15:55 #18 

Mick
(Site Admin)
raistlin wrote:

Judging by last time. If they are super frozen and packed in my cool box, they should just start thawing out by the following weekend. :D ............ Probably. :D

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 18:07 #19 

raistlin
Mick wrote:
raistlin wrote:

Judging by last time. If they are super frozen and packed in my cool box, they should just start thawing out by the following weekend. :D ............ Probably. :D

Yes, I remember :)
Paul

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 18:08 #20