Nano weekend meet 21/22 August by Trebor (Page 4 of 13)

starbug2
i do not know if i am free that week end but just had a thought , yes i do have them :o .assuming i wanted to whats the thoughts on folk sleeping in the cars :bed: assuming i can fit as not tried to lay down in the back yet in my tourer :bed: . it has been a while but i have in my youth :o ( yes i was younger once)slept in my past cars at some star trek conventions and star trek club meets , well it seemed a good idea at the time :roll:

we just got a new blow up bed in two parts so that may be good enough to lay on :bed: . these club meets do seem to have a good social side as well as helping our follow owners :cheers: which is a good thing :cheers: i may not be free that weekend but i maybe able to come at some point even if i just pop over and back on the same night :panic:

well its just a thought............... :scared:

Posted 21 Jun 2010, 20:42 #61 

raistlin
Camping overnight is part of the fun. Nobody said you can't use a metal tent ;)

Mind you, some of those with a tent might have some spare berths :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 21 Jun 2010, 20:46 #62 

starbug2
raistlin wrote:Camping overnight is part of the fun. Nobody said you can't use a metal tent ;)

Mind you, some of those with a tent might have some spare berths :)

i'll bare it in mind if i need to :bed: :cheers:

Posted 22 Jun 2010, 17:28 #63 

1gp
can i put my name down for this one please... i will bring my polishing gear .. i would like to get my car on the t4, to give it a once over and set the synergy 2 up properly... I will only be attending on the sunday. will gladly help out with any other jobs that need sorting. :cheers:

Posted 22 Jun 2010, 18:53 #64 

Mick
(Site Admin)
1gp wrote:can i put my name down for this one please... i will bring my polishing gear .. i would like to get my car on the t4, to give it a once over and set the synergy 2 up properly... I will only be attending on the sunday. will gladly help out with any other jobs that need sorting. :cheers:

I'll add your name to the list, be good to see you there.:)

Posted 22 Jun 2010, 18:59 #65 

raistlin
1gp wrote:can i put my name down for this one please... i will bring my polishing gear .. i would like to get my car on the t4, to give it a once over and set the synergy 2 up properly... I will only be attending on the sunday. will gladly help out with any other jobs that need sorting. :cheers:

I'll put your name in the OP on the club forum as well :)
Paul

Posted 22 Jun 2010, 20:02 #66 

raistlin
Just been looking at the list of cars and remembering the first one or two nano-meets :D ... Six or eight cars as I recall. My how things change :)

I suppose really it can't be a nano-meet anymore and yet I don't thin it would be right to call it anything else :)
Paul

Posted 22 Jun 2010, 20:23 #67 

1gp
TyphoonTT wrote:Just a quick querey really. Some how I've gained a nice big scratch down N/S wing and door.
Just thought about inquiring into a mobile repair type affair for the day if any others were interested
and if it was allowed? May be cheaper. :em:

Just an idea. :?

most but not all smart repair companys , that will paint a wing and a door outside will do a very poor job ," trust me the amount we have to put right at work its unreal." save some money and get it done at a bodyshop, its the only way if you want a quality job. if it was a bumper corner then ye ok , but a wing and a full door, then it may need a blend so thats three panels , do you really want this done outside ? have a good think first .

Posted 22 Jun 2010, 20:27 #68 

Ragman
Funny how things change

Colin

Posted 22 Jun 2010, 20:29 #69 

Duncan
raistlin wrote:Just been looking at the list of cars and remembering the first one or two nano-meets :D ... Six or eight cars as I recall. My how things change :)

I suppose really it can't be a nano-meet anymore and yet I don't thin it would be right to call it anything else :)

Wasn't at the first, but do remember an early one at your place. Even then it was 'interesting' trying to juggle cars and we did get some odd looks with cables traling over the footpath while doing testbook sessions. Also surprised me how many people who had never met me allowed me to rip their cars apart, including yourself!

Posted 22 Jun 2010, 20:44 #70 

Trebor
Paul,

Please add John Aston to the list for the nano only - look at non working sunblind ( he will arrive at mid day )
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 23 Jun 2010, 18:00 #71 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Trebor wrote:Paul,

Please add John Aston to the list for the nano only - look at non working sunblind ( he will arrive at mid day )

Added to list. :)

Posted 23 Jun 2010, 18:25 #72 

JakeWilson
Just to be a pain.... :-D can the ipk and t4 be removed, hopefully have managed to get a hi-line system by then. Is that to ambitious to try and fit at a nano meet?

J

Posted 23 Jun 2010, 20:07 #73 

Mad-Monkey
JakeWilson wrote:Just to be a pain.... :-D can the ipk and t4 be removed, hopefully have managed to get a hi-line system by then. Is that to ambitious to try and fit at a nano meet?

J

I got mine in, in a loooong day! You might be able to get it done if you can get people taking out the seats at the same time etc... One working in the boot fixing brackets, people up front whipping seats out, head unit in, looms etc... The meets are generally quite relaxed and although a good amount of work gets done it would be in my opinion a job too big for one day. However... if the weather is good this weekend I will be swapping out my loom for the HK loom, having installed it myself to start with, so if you wanted some help at a later date. I'm more than willing. A session on the T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) after to tell the car its installed lets you view mpg, fuel consumption etc... on the headunit.

Posted 23 Jun 2010, 21:46 #74 

wide load
Just a quick one, it would be ideal if everyone could bring a few basic tools, screwdriver, pliers, spanners and the like as there's a lot of jobs to get through and we all need to muck in so no one goes home disappointed. There will be plenty of knowledge and moral support available so even the most technically inadequate of us can have a go.
Anyway the quicker it's all done the more Burgers we can eat :thumbsup:

Posted 24 Jun 2010, 09:23 #75 

JakeWilson
starbug2 wrote:i do not know if i am free that week end but just had a thought , yes i do have them :o .assuming i wanted to whats the thoughts on folk sleeping in the cars :bed: assuming i can fit as not tried to lay down in the back yet in my tourer :bed: . it has been a while but i have in my youth :o ( yes i was younger once)slept in my past cars at some star trek conventions and star trek club meets , well it seemed a good idea at the time :roll:

we just got a new blow up bed in two parts so that may be good enough to lay on :bed: . these club meets do seem to have a good social side as well as helping our follow owners :cheers: which is a good thing :cheers: i may not be free that weekend but i maybe able to come at some point even if i just pop over and back on the same night :panic:

Only seen this thread.... My first meet at Carsington last year had seen me and a friend have to sleep in the back of the car as I couldn't find the campsite.

We're both 6"2 and there's loads of room!

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 14:26 #76 

Thomas 75 connie
I just thought I'd give this a bump, I've been graciously given a set of croft finishers and would wonder if anybody would help me fit them at the meet? Looking forward to this and I can also show people my new car. Many thanks Thomas

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 06:13 #77 

starbug2
JakeWilson wrote:
starbug2 wrote:i do not know if i am free that week end but just had a thought , yes i do have them :o .assuming i wanted to whats the thoughts on folk sleeping in the cars :bed: assuming i can fit as not tried to lay down in the back yet in my tourer :bed: . it has been a while but i have in my youth :o ( yes i was younger once)slept in my past cars at some star trek conventions and star trek club meets , well it seemed a good idea at the time :roll:

Only seen this thread.... My first meet at Carsington last year had seen me and a friend have to sleep in the back of the car as I couldn't find the campsite.

We're both 6"2 and there's loads of room!

it's a option :bed: depends on what is happening that weekend as got some things going on that weekend and week with my sister coming down , will let you know closer the time :cheers:

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 06:41 #78 

raistlin
Thomas 75 connie wrote:I just thought I'd give this a bump, I've been graciously given a set of croft finishers and would wonder if anybody would help me fit them at the meet? Looking forward to this and I can also show people my new car. Many thanks Thomas

I'm sure somebody will help you :) Do you intend to use silicon or double-sided tape?
Paul

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 08:52 #79 

Thomas 75 connie
I think that silicone

Posted 15 Jul 2010, 13:44 #80