Nano weekend meet 21/22 August by Trebor (Page 3 of 13)

Mad-Monkey
JakeWilson wrote:
raistlin wrote:
JakeWilson wrote:There for the weekend please - camping on Saturday night at the site please! :D

Certainly Jake.

I'll put your name in the thread un the other place as well.

Anything to do on your car?

Cheers Paul - hope that you are well! :-)

It's a fair time away but the following are on my to do list (money depending)

- IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German)) and stalk install
- Hi-line source and install
- roverron box

Hopefully I will need help with one of the three - shall pm you when i know!

Jake

I can do you IPK and stalk for you no problem. :)

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 10:19 #41 

Bermudan 75
You may be joined by a convoy from Cheshire........... :cheers:

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 17:31 #42 

raistlin
Rover418275 wrote:You may be joined by a convoy from Cheshire........... :cheers:

Looking forward to it :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 19 Jun 2010, 19:00 #43 

wide load
Right then, Lyndon and I went to chat with the "Gaffer" at the Ashes last night. All systems go. Saturday evening meal, the kitchen usually closes at 8 on Saturday but they will keep it open until we're fed but we need to give him rough numbers and an estimated time to dine.
The Field is booked for the camping and caravanning, there are no electric hook ups as they're not fitted as standard to Football pitches Nice flat site with plenty of room.
Sunday Brekkie, there's a brick built outside kitchen next to the nano-meet work area where the Gaffer said they would do breakfast sandwiches etc and burgers and the like for lunch (not free I'm afraid ) or they do a very nice Sunday Carvery in the Pub.
Think that's everything covered for now.
Looking forward to a good meet.
Regards
Mick.

Posted 20 Jun 2010, 07:55 #44 

Trebor
well done, alll seems to be in place, all we need now is members and their cars !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 20 Jun 2010, 08:11 #45 

raistlin
wide load wrote:Sunday Brekkie, there's a brick built outside kitchen next to the nano-meet work area where the Gaffer said they would do breakfast sandwiches etc and burgers and the like for lunch (not free I'm afraid ) or they do a very nice Sunday Carvery in the Pub.

I think Lyndon and Mick need a vote of thanks for going to the pub on our behalf. It's a thankless job but somebody has to do it :D

But seriously, cheers chaps for sorting all this out for us :D

With the potential number of cars attending, catering for ourselves would have involved a rather large investment in food etc. and also quite an onerous task for the chef-in-chief so the pub kitchen is, in my view, a perfect idea :)
Paul

Posted 20 Jun 2010, 09:38 #46 

raistlin
Is anybody up for changing Mick's spark plugs in Grey Ghost please?
Paul

Posted 20 Jun 2010, 10:48 #47 

Bernard
[qu. ote="raistlin"]Is anybody up for changing Mick's spark plugs in Grey Ghost please?[/quote]
I did volunteer to change 3 of them 'over there', so I suppose I should. Do the same for the others here. I don't mind shredding my forearms again really.
;) Would be good if someone with nimble fingers could give a hand if necessary, I don't have a lot of feeling in my fingers.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 21 Jun 2010, 09:59 #48 

Mad-Monkey
raistlin wrote:
wide load wrote:Sunday Brekkie, there's a brick built outside kitchen next to the nano-meet work area where the Gaffer said they would do breakfast sandwiches etc and burgers and the like for lunch (not free I'm afraid ) or they do a very nice Sunday Carvery in the Pub.

I think Lyndon and Mick need a vote of thanks for going to the pub on our behalf. It's a thankless job but somebody has to do it :D

But seriously, cheers chaps for sorting all this out for us :D

With the potential number of cars attending, catering for ourselves would have involved a rather large investment in food etc. and also quite an onerous task for the chef-in-chief so the pub kitchen is, in my view, a perfect idea :)

I agree massive thank-you's! :cheers:

Posted 21 Jun 2010, 10:10 #49 

Mad-Monkey
Bernard wrote:[qu. ote="raistlin"]Is anybody up for changing Mick's spark plugs in Grey Ghost please?

I did volunteer to change 3 of them 'over there', so I suppose I should. Do the same for the others here. I don't mind shredding my forearms again really.
;) Would be good if someone with nimble fingers could give a hand if necessary, I don't have a lot of feeling in my fingers.[/quote]

Don't mind helping Bernard. Just talk me through whatever I'm doing and I'll do it.

Posted 21 Jun 2010, 10:11 #50 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Monk wrote:
Bernard wrote:[qu. ote="raistlin"]Is anybody up for changing Mick's spark plugs in Grey Ghost please?

;) Would be good if someone with nimble fingers could give a hand if necessary, I don't have a lot of feeling in my fingers.

Don't mind helping Bernard. Just talk me through whatever I'm doing and I'll do it.[/quote]

I really didn't have the cheek to ask. Thanks to Paul for shouting out. I'm happy to get stuck in, just haven't a clue with coils pack and all this modern stuff. My skin is a bit papery due to being on steroids so have to be a bit careful in the shredding dept.

Posted 21 Jun 2010, 10:50 #51 

raistlin
So don't forget to bring your new plugs with you Mick :D

I'd be happy to help as well but I suspect I'm going to be up to my ears in electrical wiring on the day ;)
Paul

Posted 21 Jun 2010, 11:14 #52 

Bernard
Mick wrote:
I really didn't have the cheek to ask. Thanks to Paul for shouting out. I'm happy to get stuck in, just haven't a clue with coils pack and all this modern stuff. My skin is a bit papery due to being on steroids so have to be a bit careful in the shredding dept.

I know about steroids, Mrs L has been on a high dose for a year now. Quite horrendous if she even gets as much as a scratch as she is on anti-coagulants also.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 21 Jun 2010, 11:20 #53 

raistlin
Bernard wrote:Quite horrendous if she even gets as much as a scratch as she is on anti-coagulants also.

Don't envy her that. They got my INR wrong and I ended up with blood escaping from every orifice. Even my eyes were bleeding :(

Luckily surgery solved the problem which required me to use anticoagulant and I don't need the vile stuff anymore.
Paul

Posted 21 Jun 2010, 11:29 #54 

Last edited by raistlin on 21 Jun 2010, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.

Duncan
So long as I'm there' I'm willing to be involved too. Have done it on my own car. Hardest part was getting the rear coil packs off, had to resort to a bit of rope around them!

Posted 21 Jun 2010, 12:14 #55 

Bermudan 75
Have been born with nimble fingers and thin arms, so am up for doing the spark plugs on GGs car ? In payment for x amount of bacon butties with butter / marg and brown sauce. :D

Posted 21 Jun 2010, 19:52 #56 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I am truly overwhelmed by the offers to do the plugs on my motor, knowing what a mean and nasty little job it is I felt really bad about asking, and if all it's going to cost me is few bowls of salad and some wholesome brown bread then I will be very happy to supply same. :nurse:

Thanks a million gents, as that is what you truly are "gents". :)

Posted 21 Jun 2010, 20:03 #57 

Bermudan 75
........am beginning to wonder what I have let myself in for now....... :shock:

Is Mick Grey Ghost from another world? if so I will be honoured to do his plugs. :D

Posted 21 Jun 2010, 20:11 #58 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Rover418275 wrote:........am beginning to wonder what I have let myself in for now....... :shock:

Is Mick Grey Ghost from another world? if so I will be honoured to do his plugs. :D

Guilty as charged m'lud.

Posted 21 Jun 2010, 20:18 #59 

raistlin
Looks as though a fair bit of work will be achieved at the meet :o
Paul

Posted 21 Jun 2010, 20:29 #60