Nano weekend meet 21/22 August by Trebor (Page 2 of 13)

Thomas 75 connie
Hi if it's ok can I come. If so I'll see if I can book it off today. Also I probably won't need anything doing to my car when I get it but am tempted by lazy lock also I work for a well known supermarket (tesco) and can get 10% discount on anything bar petrol or fags so if there is any food or drink needed I'll bring thanks Thomas :D

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 07:44 #21 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Thomas 75 connie wrote:Hi if it's ok can I come. If so I'll see if I can book it off today. Also I probably won't need anything doing to my car when I get it but am tempted by lazy lock also I work for a well known supermarket (tesco) and can get 10% discount on anything bar petrol or fags so if there is any food or drink needed I'll bring thanks Thomas :D

I'm sure you are most welcome, I'll leave supplies question to Rob and or Paul as they are organising. I'm just the cook. :) monk AKA Dave will be there with T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) enabling / disabling functions is pretty quick and does not require anything more than plugging into the cars interface and playing computers. :) I'll add your name to the list. :)

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 08:21 #22 

raistlin
Thomas 75 connie wrote:Hi if it's ok can I come. If so I'll see if I can book it off today. Also I probably won't need anything doing to my car when I get it but am tempted by lazy lock also I work for a well known supermarket (tesco) and can get 10% discount on anything bar petrol or fags so if there is any food or drink needed I'll bring thanks Thomas :D

Of course to can Thomas :D It's open to everyone mate.

Lazy lock / vent takes about 5 minutes to setup by the T4 ninja ;)

Please let us know whether you'll be at the Saturday night function.

The logistics of feeding on the Sunday haven't yet been finalised. I expect we'll throw the options open for consideration when Rob returns next weekend.

I've added you to the OP on the club forum as well.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 08:48 #23 

Last edited by raistlin on 12 Jun 2010, 08:54, edited 2 times in total.

JohnDotCom
Mick already has added him, see post above. ;)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 08:52 #24 

raistlin
JohnDotCom wrote:Mick already has added him, see post above. ;)

My previous modified accordingly :) Vision and cognitive abilities now beginning to to become functional and are inversely proportional to my decreasing headache :D I'm so pleased I have nothing planned for today :)
Paul

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 08:54 #25 

Thomas 75 connie
Balls to it I'm definately coming. Just need to buy myself a tent and a sleeping bag. Any cheap recommendations? Work don't know it yet but I'll take it unpaid if I have to. I've never been to a meet before. Thing is I'll be going by myself will I be left out?

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 21:51 #26 

raistlin
Thomas 75 connie wrote:Balls to it I'm definately coming. Just need to buy myself a tent and a sleeping bag. Any cheap recommendations? Work don't know it yet but I'll take it unpaid if I have to. I've never been to a meet before. Thing is I'll be going by myself will I be left out?

Wahey, get stuck in there my man :D

No you won't be left out, although I understand that some of the happy campers have less than ideal night time habits ;) :gmc:

Perhaps one of the mods will annotate the OP on this thread and I'll do likewise on the club thread.

Where will you be travelling from?
Paul

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 21:53 #27 

Thomas 75 connie
The isle of Wight

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 21:57 #28 

Thomas 75 connie
Also definately staying over night and will be up for the meal so 100% yes

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 22:01 #29 

raistlin
Thomas 75 connie wrote:Also definately staying over night and will be up for the meal so 100% yes

See you on the Saturday mate :D
Paul

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 22:59 #30 

Trebor
Mick, i ended up with some of your BBQ tools after the last nano, will bring them back at the next one.
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 07:57 #31 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Trebor wrote:Mick, i ended up with some of your BBQ tools after the last nano, will bring them back at the next one.

Cheers Rob, I have duplicates so not a problem here. I'll see if I can remember to take them home next time. Let's hope they get put to good use again. :)

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 11:09 #32 

TyphoonTT
Just a quick querey really. Some how I've gained a nice big scratch down N/S wing and door.
Just thought about inquiring into a mobile repair type affair for the day if any others were interested
and if it was allowed? May be cheaper. :em:

Just an idea. :?

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 14:19 #33 

JakeWilson
There for the weekend please - camping on Saturday night at the site please! :D

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 18:38 #34 

raistlin
JakeWilson wrote:There for the weekend please - camping on Saturday night at the site please! :D

Certainly Jake.

I'll put your name in the thread un the other place as well.

Anything to do on your car?
Paul

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 19:43 #35 

Bernard
raistlin wrote:SWMBO said she isn't going if she will be the only lady there.

I said "It doesn't matter, you'll be welcome whether there are any ladies there or not"

I got a slap... don't know why :shock:

Yes, I thought that I might run this weekend past 'er indoors but unfortunately envisaged something along these lines.

"Hi, darling. The lads are organising a weekend in Staffordshire with the cars. Would you like to go?"

"Oh, that's nice, who's going that I know? Not that rowdy Yorkshire lot again?"

"Er, no, not this time. There will be that nice Rob for a start."

"You mean the guy who works for the revenue? Does he know that you've been sticking pins in an effigy of a tax-man?"

"It's not meant to be personal, it's not him, just the system you know. And there's Paul."

"Ah yes! But I only saw him once from a distance you know."

"Mmm probably for the best. Even he will say that's his best side!"

"Will that nice young man with the really loud V8 be there?"

"No"

"Why doesn't your car make a noise like that?"

"Because he's a hooligan and anyway you can't take a bag of sweets with you."

"Spoilsport!"

"Well, anyway, it's supposed to be a family thing. Dinner on Saturday night at a Pub..."

"...plastic turkey with no sprouts again you mean"

"No,no. Anyway how do you fancy camping out for the night?"

"Camping?.....CAMPING? Are you serious? The last time we went camping... in fact the last two times we

went camping you had so much to drink with your mates that you demolished half the camp site!"

"I was young then.... You're quite right, we like our creature comforts too much now to rough it. How about a nice hotel for the night?"

"Ah! That sounds OK. Wait a minute though. Last time you promised me a romantic night out at a 75

meeting with Concorde, we finished up at a hotel at the end of a runway at Manchester Airport. Where will this one be?"

"Err, umm. Wolverhampton."

"Oh! And what do I do all day?"

"Sit in a field and watch us working on our cars."

"!*&%(%$£*) IK%$ "

I think the second word was "off" or rather "orf". She did go to a good school after all.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 20:00 #36 

raistlin
I don't believe a word of it Bernard ;)
Paul

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 20:58 #37 

Bernard
raistlin wrote:I don't believe a word of it Bernard ;)

A little, perhaps exaggerated; some, unfortunately factual and all of it easily true in my mind. ;)
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 21:15 #38 

JakeWilson
raistlin wrote:
JakeWilson wrote:There for the weekend please - camping on Saturday night at the site please! :D

Certainly Jake.

I'll put your name in the thread un the other place as well.

Anything to do on your car?

Cheers Paul - hope that you are well! :-)

It's a fair time away but the following are on my to do list (money depending)

- IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German)) and stalk install
- Hi-line source and install
- roverron box

Hopefully I will need help with one of the three - shall pm you when i know!

Jake

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 21:27 #39 

Mad-Monkey
I'll probably, if I dont have chance before, need to fit my door handle on the drivers side. I broke the surround off it taking the door card off a few million times. I can do it myself, but I'd bet I dont find the time till I'm at the meet! :D

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 10:18 #40