nano type meet @ Carcroft 3rd Sept by takestock

takestock
Hi Everyone - Andy and John of A & L Automotive Doncaster are having another open day at the workshop which is FREE to all members on Saturday 3rd september from 8.30am onwards.

So again if you have any little jobs that you require doing or you have any concerns over your pride and joy then come down and see them and they will gladly help out. Please remember this is not a leave your car and it will be fixed for you set up, everybody is expected to do their bit where they can ;) same as the last meeting they had some jobs done that couldnt be done at normal meets like laser tracking, wheels balanced etc.

Come to the workshop and make use of their knowledge and facilities

Diagnostic computer (not T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) but Sykes Pickivant and Delphi equ) FREE TO ALL MEMBERS
Possible that there will be a T4 there

Tyre changing machine, balancing machine, ramps and 4 wheel laser alignment tracking equipment and now a shot blaster on site.

Tea and coffee making facilities
Cafe over the road OR free delivery from sandwich shop (try the belly buster)

Come take advantage of this amazing opportunity and feel free to bring cake and biscuits

http://www.alautomotive.info/
Unit 8 Holmroyd Road
Carcroft
Doncaster
DN6 7BH
01302 726898

All Are Welcome
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 10 Aug 2011, 20:11 #1 

Last edited by takestock on 29 Aug 2011, 19:51, edited 2 times in total.

kandyman
If I lived closer I would be there, but 4 hours is a bit to far :(

Good luck all

Posted 10 Aug 2011, 20:34 #2 

JohnDotCom
If I wasn't incapacitated I would attend but not mobie.
Should be a good one Dave, enjoy.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 10 Aug 2011, 21:26 #3 

JakeWilson
Will try to pop up dave! :-)

Posted 10 Aug 2011, 22:10 #4 

Rorybreaker
JakeWilson wrote:Will try to pop up dave! :-)

Might be able to get the Tourer sorted. ;)

Posted 10 Aug 2011, 22:19 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I'd love to come and make a nuisance of myself. Unfortunately current fuel costs prohibit my attending. If anybody fancies buying me half a tank of petrol for my birthday on the 2nd? :D
Have a great day.

Posted 11 Aug 2011, 11:31 #6 

JakeWilson
Mick wrote:I'd love to come and make a nuisance of myself. Unfortunately current fuel costs prohibit my attending. If anybody fancies buying me half a tank of petrol for my birthday on the 2nd? :D
Have a great day.

Hi Mick,

If it made it any easier if you got upto mine or somewhere near, you could come up with me?

Best,

Jake

Posted 11 Aug 2011, 21:02 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Thank you Jake, that's a very kind offer. I'll take you up on that, providing nothing else gets in the way.

Posted 11 Aug 2011, 21:17 #8 

goodlittlewifey
Im sure Tim will be there

Posted 12 Aug 2011, 13:11 #9 

starbug2
i have a trip to york on that day with my bro in law and wife and mg bev so not able this time to come . they are not car fans alas

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 15:52 #10 

Bermudan 75
Would it be possible to have my rear springs replaced?

Cheers

Mike

Posted 29 Aug 2011, 19:09 #11 

takestock
Rear springs are around an hour aside, unfortunately I'm full for the day. i can advise you if you want to get stuck in, only two or three bolts a side once the wheel is off. there may be others who can help ;) have you got the springs?
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 29 Aug 2011, 19:47 #12 

Bermudan 75
I hope to have them later this week, I need the car for work. Using public transport is taking 3-4 hours.

Posted 29 Aug 2011, 19:51 #13 

Bermudan 75
Ordered the springs today and will collect them tomorrow.

Hope to be there midday.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 01 Sep 2011, 22:50 #14 

takestock
Nice to see everybody again today, no pictures i'm afraid, never stopped all day :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Sep 2011, 17:18 #15 

kandyman
Glad to hear you did some work Dave ;)

What sort of work was carried out over the day ?

Posted 03 Sep 2011, 20:21 #16 

Bermudan 75
Unfortunately I arrived too late to replace my rear springs, but there was a good turnout. Shame the 'Belly Buster' cafe was closed.

Posted 03 Sep 2011, 20:26 #17 

takestock
kandyman wrote:Glad to hear you did some work Dave ;)

What sort of work was carried out over the day ?

I was involved with a couple of Fan Resistor changes, an annoying drivers door lock fitted by a garage that had conveniently forgotten to put the bar back in that connects the key barrel to the actual lock, just a lock out waiting to happen when the battery failed. :( couple of door handle faults. Then BigRuss, Tim and i spent most of the remaining time retro fitting electric rear windows in BeeJays car, full BCU (Body Control Unit) recode, new harnesses and motor assys to both rear doors. :)

saw a few other things going on in the garage lower arms ans such like :)

Never had time to assess any VIS (Variable Intake System) motors.

Oh Tatts took be for a quick blast in his new merc, blast being the operative word. superb...
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Sep 2011, 20:57 #18