Nano-meet weekend 16 / 17 April 2011 by raistlin (Page 5 of 15)

goodlittlewifey
can you put me and Tim down as possibles for Longbridge , the meal and Nano meet

Posted 26 Feb 2011, 23:02 #81 

raistlin
goodlittlewifey wrote:can you put me and Tim down as possibles for Longbridge , the meal and Nano meet

Will do :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 26 Feb 2011, 23:10 #82 

JakeWilson
I've two friends who'd like to come along if at all possible? Richard will be bringing his ZT-T and my friend Alan is aiming to do the whole weekend pending the purchase of a ZR/S :-)

Hope this is ok?

Jake

Posted 26 Feb 2011, 23:30 #83 

raistlin
JakeWilson wrote:Hope this is ok?

Of course it is mate :)
Paul

Posted 27 Feb 2011, 17:05 #84 

JakeWilson
raistlin wrote:
JakeWilson wrote:Hope this is ok?

Of course it is mate :)

Thanks Paul, really looking forward to the whole weekend! :) Has anyone ever fitted electric seats at a nano before out of interest?

Jake

Posted 27 Feb 2011, 19:57 #85 

raistlin
JakeWilson wrote: Has anyone ever fitted electric seats at a nano before out of interest?

I think Duncan got pretty close to it last year :lol:

You might want to ask him... but stand well back :)
Paul

Posted 27 Feb 2011, 20:05 #86 

Merl
*stands well back but holding beer tokens* how about fitting new seat covers in a ZT?
Martin

Posted 27 Feb 2011, 20:17 #87 

takestock
Merl wrote:*stands well back but holding beer tokens* how about fitting new seat covers in a ZT?

I can bring the angle grinder and generator :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 27 Feb 2011, 20:29 #88 

raistlin
takestock wrote:
Merl wrote:*stands well back but holding beer tokens* how about fitting new seat covers in a ZT?

I can bring the angle grinder and generator :D

Always a useful tool for the more delicate and finely balanced adjustments :lol:
Paul

Posted 27 Feb 2011, 20:33 #89 

Duncan
Fitting electric seats: never done it at a Nano but I think Devilish (Steve) has. All depends if the wiring is there or not as to how much of a job it is. Myself, I added to my car, and ran the extra wiring in the OE route. That was a multi day job, but you can do it the easier way.

I've done a cover change from cloth to leather at a meet. Hardest bit was swapping the lumbar on the passenger. Sevral pairs of hands were involved, at least one got severely bitten in the process. Funnily enough the guy who had that done has never been to another Nano as far as I know.....

Main issue is going to be time. Already got a few jobs on, so depends on how we do for weather and light!

Posted 27 Feb 2011, 22:11 #90 

JakeWilson
Duncan wrote:Fitting electric seats: never done it at a Nano but I think Devilish (Steve) has. All depends if the wiring is there or not as to how much of a job it is. Myself, I added to my car, and ran the extra wiring in the OE route. That was a multi day job, but you can do it the easier way.

I've done a cover change from cloth to leather at a meet. Hardest bit was swapping the lumbar on the passenger. Sevral pairs of hands were involved, at least one got severely bitten in the process. Funnily enough the guy who had that done has never been to another Nano as far as I know.....

Main issue is going to be time. Already got a few jobs on, so depends on how we do for weather and light!

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for your post, the car in question doens't have the wiring, but Richard has been supplied a complete electric seat loom by Corin to fit.

Jake

Posted 01 Mar 2011, 21:20 #91 

Trebor
for anyone who is making a weekend of it and going to the POL and nano meet, I have now received confirmation that free camping is allowed at the Four Ashes on both Friday and Saturday nights for anyone interested
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 04 Mar 2011, 12:51 #92 

Merl
Duncan wrote:I've done a cover change from cloth to leather at a meet. Hardest bit was swapping the lumbar on the passenger. Sevral pairs of hands were involved, at least one got severely bitten in the process. Funnily enough the guy who had that done has never been to another Nano as far as I know.....

lol do I dare ask who did the biting!! Ahh so bit of a nightmare but is possible...

Might be lucky as not sure if I can make it in my ZT in question but if I can't will just trundle down in my 75 and be sociable :cheers:
Martin

Posted 04 Mar 2011, 19:01 #93 

Duncan
Merl wrote:lol do I dare ask who did the biting!! Ahh so bit of a nightmare but is possible...

The springs in the backrest. The manual cloth passenger seats don't have lumbar adjust while the electric leather ones do. Changing the units over involved lots of screwdrivers hands levering and swearing. Plus a few chunks of skin and nearly bone.

A good number of strong cable ties / zippy clips / zip ties help keep it all in control. Otherwise it's not such a big job.

Posted 04 Mar 2011, 19:10 #94 

Merl
Hmm just realised I prob am making this one in my ZT it is the one in March next Sunday I probably can't make!!

Seat covers are actually going in a like for like just having a change of colour as wanted to try and keep my rarer dark grey alcantara seats in good condition and one needs a slight repair to the leather but ended up picking up some green alcantara ones from a monagram car or option which are probably rarer... my logic didn't quite work out there lol.

What I really would of liked is a red/magenta colour alcantara and paint the dash to match... but both the dark grey and green are too rare to do that too... could look at geting a dash to pain green to match the seats now ;) and aim to have 3 swappable interiors....
Martin

Posted 04 Mar 2011, 19:18 #95 

Devilish
JakeWilson wrote: Has anyone ever fitted electric seats at a nano before out of interest?

Jake

Duncan is correct Jake, I have fitted more than a dozen sets of electric seats, 2 at nano meets. You need the plugs for the electric seat switches, and the power supply plugs with as much of the loom as possible. I have taken 2 weeks off work from today, and am taking 2 weeks off in April. Maybe possible at the nano, but I have a job to do for Stevemac first. If you get them you could always bring them to mi casa.

Oh, and I do it the easy way, I use the cig lighter for just the motors, or the aux rail on the fusebox with independant fuse by the handbrake gaiter for easy access.
If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

Posted 07 Mar 2011, 03:57 #96 

stevemac
Devilish wrote:

Jake

Duncan is correct Jake, I have fitted more than a dozen sets of electric seats, 2 at nano meets. You need the plugs for the electric seat switches, and the power supply plugs with as much of the loom as possible. I have taken 2 weeks off work from today, and am taking 2 weeks off in April. Maybe possible at the nano, but I have a job to do for Stevemac first. If you get them you could always bring them to mi casa.

Oh, and I do it the easy way, I use the cig lighter for just the motors, or the aux rail on the fusebox with independant fuse by the handbrake gaiter for easy access.

With your expertise mine should only take 10 minutes :gmc:
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 13 Mar 2011, 08:24 #97 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Please add me to the list as i only live 10 mins away so no cold camping for me :lol: dont think my two ladies will like it ;) mind i would be kept warm :roll: Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 00:16 #98 

Merl
Right then, should have my ZT and I have the seat covers, if I can book some of you very kind and helpful people I will bring a crate of beer or so for those who would like to help or should I say fit them while I supply beer/tea and coffee as I wil prob be more of a hindrince.... will of course give anything a go with helping and can also give a ride if anyone wants one in the said ZT400 ;)
Martin

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 00:37 #99 

TyphoonTT
I will gladly add an extra pair of hands where needed, but will need instuction on most things other than pulling doors off! :whump: :lol:

Could my Dad ( Tony ) be added to the attendees too please. Apologies , as he is not yet registered here, but will be soon. :em:

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 19:53 #100