Nano-meet weekend 16 / 17 April 2011 by raistlin (Page 15 of 15)

suzublu
As i said on the other channel,gutted to miss it.Looking forward to the next though,& Duncan,i'll fetch the trolley,unless you require it earlier,in which case,i can bring it down to you at your convenience.Ronnie :D

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 21:56 #281 

raistlin
Not sure if anybody noticed, but the big white gazebo which seemed to be storing tourers at Four Ashes was donated to the Community by Heather and Tim :)

I, for one, would like to say thanks to them both for their very kind and practical contribution :D

The gazebo, which has the full complement of side panels etc, is being stored by Mick and is available for any community meet.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 22:11 #282 

Last edited by raistlin on 19 Apr 2011, 09:50, edited 1 time in total.

Dallas
Seen some pics and looks like you all had a great time :thumbsup: shame that I could not come, bit too far for me....... :rolling: never mind.....................Glad the sun was shining...... :cheers:

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 22:40 #283 

Wolves 75
raistlin wrote:Not sure if anybody noticed, but the big white gazebo which seemed to be storing tourers At Four Ashes was donated to the Community by Heather and Tim :)

I, for one, would like to say thanks to them both for their very kind and practical contribution :D

The gazebo, which has the full complement of side panels etc, is being stored by Mick and is available for any community meet.

And what a pair of beautiful cars they were keeping cool.......... :lol:

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 22:47 #284 

Wolves 75
raistlin wrote:
Apparently, the new management at Four Ashes are keen to have our involvement and there is talk of the nano-meets being included in the pub's website.Not sure of the details, maybe Mick or Lyndon will have more info.

Hi Paul, just had a quick chat with the new gaffer at about two in the morning, he has asked if I can supply him with some photos of the nano meet so he can display them on his new web site when its sorted, he also asked for any ideas on how he can help to take things forward in a positive nature, unfortunately at that time in the morning you can imagine the reply's, a lot of it involved Treacle puddings, but he does seem a decent sort of a chap, so will have to try and get up there for a little tipple, :D

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 22:56 #285 

Duncan
suzublu wrote:As i said on the other channel,gutted to miss it.Looking forward to the next though,& Duncan,i'll fetch the trolley,unless you require it earlier,in which case,i can bring it down to you at your convenience.Ronnie :D

No rush, would be struggling to do the conversion right now anyway.
See you at the July one all being well.

Wolves 75 wrote:Hi Paul, just had a quick chat with the new gaffer at about two in the morning, he has asked if I can supply him with some photos of the nano meet so he can display them on his new web site when its sorted,

You are welcome to use any I have posted on here, so long as those in the pictures don't mind.

Posted 19 Apr 2011, 06:57 #286 

stevemac
Arctic wrote:Sorry to stevemac about the carpets and never getting to deliver them to you.

Arctic

No probs, will still have them if you can keep them til the next Nano. Don't worry if you can't tho'. They were just spare winter ones. :D
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 19 Apr 2011, 09:29 #287 

Duncan
raistlin wrote:Not sure if anybody noticed, but the big white gazebo which seemed to be storing tourers at Four Ashes was donated to the Community by Heather and Tim :)

I saw the gazebo, but didn't know the story.

Well done, thanks Tim and Heather!

Posted 19 Apr 2011, 17:35 #288 

Merl
The Gazebo was handy and was easy to put up with a few of us.... despite Lewis's best attempts to thwart us ;)

Was a very nice gift to the club and will be handy for future events :) Thank you also from me Tim & Heather :) hopefully next time will get to chat to you.
Martin

Posted 19 Apr 2011, 17:43 #289 

Merl
Right then guys.. I have found a small tool (wait for the comments) in my car that isn't mine.... So if you all want to check your tool boxes and see if anything is missing... I have a feeling it is Ben's tool.

To give you a clue it is shiny and is about 3inches in length....

And no ladies that is not a mans inch but a literal inch :gmc:
Martin

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 17:23 #290 

Chartermark
A big thank you once again to Paul for wiring in my Satnav.

I think the thing can almost completely drive itself now thank you Paul and of course Duncan ...

Martin

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 19:40 #291 

raistlin
Pleased to be of help as always Martin.

I hope my wiring didn't cause your cruise control icon problem ;)
Paul

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 19:43 #292 

Chartermark
No it was clear and perfectly OK Paul after you'd finished.

Martin ran a check on my EPG with his hand held device and following that the light stayed on.

However as said before, this is just a change of icon from the EMG lamp which had been an enigmatic persistence for the past few months anyway.

Thinking aloud, when I changed the battery last year, it was only disconnected for a few minutes, so may have caused the present reaction, as it all seems to date from then on?

I find on a Mac Computer that occasionally 'repairing desktop permissions' and then a re-boot restores the machine's efficiency like a couple of neurofen are preferential at breakfast following the usual pre-meeting celebrations (including the Dave Matinee around 1am) at Four Ashes!

We should sell seats for the July performance ...

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 20:28 #293 

Duncan
Chartermark wrote:We should sell seats for the July performance ...

I am really starting to think I need to stay on the Saturday evening.

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 20:36 #294 

raistlin
Hmm...

If Four Ashes did accommodation... :)
Paul

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 21:11 #295 

starbug2
raistlin wrote:Hmm...

If Four Ashes did accommodation... :)

they have trees you can sleep in or dare i say sleep in a car , now who would do that :lol: :gmc:

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 21:36 #296 

goodlittlewifey
Theres a community gazebo to sleep in now, just bring sleeping bags, :D :lol: :lol: :lol: then you can do plenty of :cheers: :cheers: and then :sleep: :sleep:

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 21:46 #297 

BRG ZTT
Apologies for taking a while to write in after such a great weekend! And I would have to agree that Saturday's event took second place to Sunday's meet! A wonderful day of people, cars and sunshine and lots of work carried out - we could put the world to rights with that kind of enthusiasm and expertise! Great to meet up with the regulars and pleased to meet up with some that I haven't met before - Jake, Richard and Alan. Great night on Saturday with a good deal of banter, and I was surprised I didn't feel worse after some of what I had to drink - what were they called,Martin?
Thanks to Rob & Co for organisng this again! :cheers:;thanks, Dave, for my vis motor -purr,purr! :hail: thanks, Mick, for applying that bit of tape to protect the aircon pipes from rubbing :thumbsup: thanks to everyone for coming :unionflag:
Looking forward to more!!
Tony

Posted 21 Apr 2011, 21:26 #298 

takestock
Admit it, you've just sobered up :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 21 Apr 2011, 21:51 #299