Nano-meet weekend 16 / 17 April 2011 by raistlin (Page 14 of 15)

raistlin
Does anybody know what happened to Arctic? I was looking forward to meeting him again on Sunday :confused:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 12:29 #261 

Last edited by raistlin on 18 Apr 2011, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.

Cowley_MOA
Mick wrote:
Cowley_MOA wrote:I got home eventually last night, after ending up at Stansted Airport- don’t ask!

Oh dear, hope that wasn't because I suggested March instead of Peterborough. :(

No not at all Mick! My fault for being thick, plus National Rail for Engineering Work :evil:
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 12:38 #262 

takestock
raistlin wrote:Does anybody know what happened to Arctic? I was looking forward to meeting him again on Sunday :confused:

i don't think artic has seen artic since sat night :D :D

Well longbridge was great again, little did we know it was just a prelude to the main events of the weekend, sat night a gem of an evening, i got put to bed about 3am seemingly. however by 10am sunday morning i had Stubbies starter moror stripped out and fitted with a replacement sol kit, Dave t (duotone) helped me out with sorting Martins new boot floor, thanks foe jumping in there Dave, just where did you sleep sat night? sorry We could not get to sort Tim's fan but we now know wjere we are with it. Stil had time to repar a few VIS (Variable Intake System). motors and check some i repaired at the last one (all still working :D) Even found time to have a nice chat with Ben and his Dad about VIS. motors

(Oooo secret, Ben daren't swear in front of his dad :D :D :D)

Duncan and Rob, looked like they never stopped all day. duncan, thanks for answering my many questions. Did anybody ever tell Rob about the red wine stains around his lips all day from the night before :D

Sunday was just about the best day of the year for me so far.
attachment is just to show what to expect when attending a nano meet including what we woke upto from the night before :D :D :D

Click on the link and it's best if you click to watch the slideshow in reverse order, then it starts with the morning after :)

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff28 ... =slideshow

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 14:36 #263 

Last edited by takestock on 18 Apr 2011, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.

Trebor
raistlin wrote:Does anybody know what happened to Arctic? I was looking forward to meeting him again on Sunday :confused:

Arctic was last seen by me on Saturday NIght/Sunday morning at about 4am as i was the last one chatting to him sitting around the fire until the wood ran out . I then went to my tent and Arctic was "walking" towards the main road without a phone or taxi to take him home and a long walk ahead, i couldnt phone a taxi for him as my battery was dead, i hope he got back ok and remembers that £100 i lent him, he had some provisions for his journey namely some chicken crisps and 3 treacle puddings so he wouldnt have starved - seriously he actually bought the box of crisps for us all out of his own pocket at pub prices which was a nice gesture as most people get peckish with alchohol especially the treacle sponge challenged brigade.
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 17:17 #264 

Merl
I could have done with those crisps at 1am and would have been extremely grateful as I really did want a kebab!! Sounds like we left too early... Was a shame he didn't turn up the next day as I had some money for him.Do hope he is ok though and got home safely and the reason why he is quiet is because he is just a bit embarrased. Hopefully he will shake it off as If I think of some of the conditions I have been in over the years... and from whatTony was telling me Ben has been in some as well lol.
Martin

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 17:29 #265 

Merl
Ohh and I have had a few idea's about the meals and stuff so when I get a proper 5 minutes to sit down and write them down I will post them up and see what people think.
Martin

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 17:34 #266 

Arctic
(Trader)

Hi
Decided to walk home and try to sober up after to to to much wine :roll: :em: it does not suit me one little bit,so off i went to start the long walk home :lol: which at the time seemed a good idea freash air and a bit of exercise but after walking what seemed like forever and trying to flag down two cabs without success it only took me 3 hours plus i think to get home, when i did finaly get in the house i went right to bed only to awake around 2.45pm on the sunday and even then i was in no fit state to drive the car so spent the rest of the day trying to recuperate :rolling:

Sorry to stevemac about the carpets and never getting to deliver them to you. Also to woolleysox (Rob) about the mudflaps i had them with me on the saturday night but my good lady and our friend drove off with them when i decided to stay and enjoy the entertainment in the pub :whump: bad idea but i still enjoyed all the company round the fire thanks and hope i did not make to much of a fool out of myself :roll: it will be a long time before i touch wine again may even stick to :tea: instead :gmc:

Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 17:39 #267 

goodlittlewifey
glad you got home okay, you knocked on our tent asking to use my phone,but my phone battery was dead,sorry,

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 17:43 #268 

Trebor
glad to hear you are ok Arctic
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 17:49 #269 

raistlin
Arctic wrote:Decided to walk home and try to sober up after to to to much wine

Pleased to hear that you got home safely in the end mate :D
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 17:52 #270 

Merl
Glad you're ok Arctic :) 3 hours?? I heard you didn't live that far away :(

Did the wise thing by not driving though, better safe than sorry!

The mudflaps for Rob were for me (I never renewed on other site so can't really send pm's or reply in sale section so Rob was doing it on my behalf) so no worries there and if you can wait then I will collect them at the next meet we are together, unless you need the money and can post them out.
Martin

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 17:55 #271 

Arctic
(Trader)
goodlittlewifey wrote:glad you got home okay, you knocked on our tent asking to use my phone,but my phone battery was dead,sorry,

Sorry hope i did not wake you for to long i cannot believe i did not have my phone with i never go out anywhere without but just forgot it on saturday evening when i left have taken a look at the photos seems i missed a great sunday :gmc: .

Hi Trebor
Thanks for asking just got a bit of a thick head still :roll: the new gaffer of the pub seems to be a good lad very helpful except when i tried to knock him up to use the phone :lol: hope everyone enjoyed the day and everyone got the jobs they needed doing done. :thumbsup:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 17:59 #272 

Arctic
(Trader)
HI Martin.
PM sent i am in no hurry cheers Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 18:04 #273 

SpongeBob
Sounds like you all had a jolly good time, with plenty of good times had by all :) Shame I couldn't make it at any point over the weekend :( Might have to try harder for the next one...

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 18:41 #274 

Bermudan 75
Looks like another great meet.......really chessed off that I could not make it.

Will there be a write up of jobs done?

:cheers:

Mike

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 18:44 #275 

Duncan
Maybe we should start a list?

My car: paint correction, Rob (Trebor)

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 18:52 #276 

Bermudan 75
Duncan wrote:Maybe we should start a list?

Ooh, what did that involve Duncan? What neede correcting and how was it done? any pictures available?

Mike

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 19:02 #277 

Merl
Mr Car: change seat covers (Duncan with me gettig in the way), install wiring for powerfolds (Ben), shave seat (Me)

Can't forget Jake and the lads wh helped stip her down and you can see my car (takestocks album) with no doors on and no seats in... all it needed was to be on bricks to complete the look :gmc:
Martin

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 19:46 #278 

Duncan
Rover418275 wrote:
Duncan wrote:Maybe we should start a list?

Ooh, what did that involve Duncan? What neede correcting and how was it done? any pictures available?

Mike

I may have the wrong name, but I believe it's the 'proper' term for a professional polish, to get rid of swirl marks and minor scratches. It takes a polishing machine, and someone with skill and patience, and takes of a micro thin layer of the clearcoat.

Rob will be along to put me right soon enough.

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 19:55 #279 

Duncan
Some from me:

Lewis (Cowley MOA) working on Martin (Chartermark)'s car

A new boot floor for Martins car being fashioned by Duotone (I hope!).

Dave (Takestock) about to attack Tim's car with a blowtorch. Stand well clear!

Only half ten and this many cars in bits.....

Only the doors missing at that point. The seats came out and I was too busy to take pictures. A VERY trusting person!

Ben (Typhoon) working. Plenty of supervision. Must be Britain, then..........

The magic continues!

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 20:06 #280