Nano-meet weekend 16 / 17 April 2011 by raistlin (Page 13 of 15)

Mick
(Site Admin)
That's a real bummer Col. Hope it all works out without too much pain.

Posted 15 Apr 2011, 11:21 #241 

suzublu
As Colin was my designated driver,unfortunately,i can't attend either. :( So Duncan,i'm afraid the golf trolley will have to wait for the next one.Ronnie

Posted 15 Apr 2011, 13:48 #242 

Bermudan 75
Can't make this meet, I am working (yes have actually found a job) for the Government until 11th May. Seven day week.......... :hissyfit:

Posted 15 Apr 2011, 14:11 #243 

Duncan
suzublu wrote:As Colin was my designated driver,unfortunately,i can't attend either. :( So Duncan,i'm afraid the golf trolley will have to wait for the next one.Ronnie

That's the way it goes some days.

But at least I know there's one on the way!

Col, hope things get sorted (whatever things are).

Posted 15 Apr 2011, 14:22 #244 

Merl
DeuxGazoles wrote:Siggghhhh Sorry folks it's all gone horribly wrong & I cant make it this weekend :em: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ergh that sucks :( Hope whatever it is isn't too bad or you can sort it out!
Martin

Posted 15 Apr 2011, 23:00 #245 

Duncan
Well, home, and had me tea!

Really enjoyed the day, even if I really hate seat trims now. As usual, a fantastic bunch of people, I'm proud to meet all of you again, or for the first time. Loads of work done as far as I could see and no 'politics' anywhere that I came across, just great cars and great people.

Personal thanks to Rob who did a lovely job of improving the paintwork on my car, it makes it look new again. Not bad for a car made almost twelve years ago at Cowley.

Posted 17 Apr 2011, 19:33 #246 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Just home, stopped for a bite to eat on the way back. Dropped Lewis off at March station with 10 minutes to spare 'til the next train. Hope it arrived. :)

Very pleasant afternoon with the usual culprits and some newish faces.

Posted 17 Apr 2011, 19:58 #247 

Duncan
Oh, and apologies to anyone I was hoping to do any T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) stuff for, the other job took longer than expected, and I was somewhat boogered aftert that!

Posted 17 Apr 2011, 20:08 #248 

woolleysox
another great meet very early on cars in bits all over tha place, every one just got on with it and time to catch up with folks you havent seen or a while. I left just after 5 and some die hards were still working. Trebor.Devilsh, Merl,Ben,Duncan, sorry if i mist anyone. My thanks to wide load who fitted my splitter bostin job :mrgreen:

My splitter :cheers:
:unionflag:
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 17 Apr 2011, 20:59 #249 

TyphoonTT
Had a great weekend. A massive thanks to all the guys who sorted out the nano meet at the Fourashes. It is a lot of work considering the numbers keep increasing. :hail: :thumbsup:

Lots to do today, hope most jobs were done. Disappointed you couldn't make it Col, and hope it was nothing serious. :(

Great to catch up with eveyone again !

Ben ;)

Posted 17 Apr 2011, 21:38 #250 

Merl
Well that was one of the best meets I have attended!! :D Special thanks goes to Duncan for doing a Bostin job on my seats (Had a few compliments already :D ) and also to Ben, Jake and his mates (sorry think I remember your names partly but not to sure... and don't want to offend!! especially as you were all great :D ) for ripping our my interior I think you could all become honoury scousers!! :gmc: John for the strips ( oh er missus and will buy you a few drinks next time) oh and Tony for the Flap Jack and packing and Steve for the lift and well everyone really :D oh and can't forget Dave entertaining us all with his intellectual banter :stirer:

Trebor I think you can set up job as a detailer after seeing Duncan's bonnet!!

Sorry if I took Duncan's time away from anyone!

Martin (Chartermark) did your cruise control light turn out? that was a puzzling one with you not having it and it being a diesel...

Oh and long live treacle sponge!!! :gmc:

Col hope to see you soon and everything works out!!

Martin :cheers:
Martin

Posted 17 Apr 2011, 22:17 #251 

DeuxGazoles
Thanks to the well wishers, nowt to worry about just overstreched my finances again :em:
As a result I probably wont see any of you again this season :gmc:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 08:06 #252 

raistlin
Nice to meet everybody yesterday :)

It seems that the Saturday night ritual lived up to expectations :gmc:

I didn't have a great deal to do yesterday, apart from trying to help Duncan, and getting in the way more than actually helping :lol:

Rob was so busy that we didn't have time to replace his FBH (Fuel burning heater.) module but that will be sorted out, I've no doubt, this coming Friday :) Apart from which, seeing the result of his work on Duncan's car's paintwork, it was well worth all his effort, the end result being spectacular to say the least.

We are thinking of one or two changes to the international nano-meet in July based upon the experience we're gathering. For example, segregating the tent village from the cars :D

Apparently, the new management at Four Ashes are keen to have our involvement and there is talk of the nano-meets being included in the pub's website.Not sure of the details, maybe Mick or Lyndon will have more info.

The international nano-meet isn't that far away now and we'd like ideas as to how to spend the Saturday so if you've any ideas or requirements, please let us know in the international nano-meet thread :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 09:23 #253 

Mad-Monkey
Hi guys, glad it went superbly well, as expected of course! So sorry I was a no show :( my trip in London was delayed so never got home till late. So gutted I missed this after I missed the last one as well!

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 11:33 #254 

raistlin
Monk wrote:Hi guys, glad it went superbly well, as expected of course! So sorry I was a no show :( my trip in London was delayed so never got home till late. So gutted I missed this after I missed the last one as well!

There's always next time David :)
Paul

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 11:34 #255 

Trebor
I can only echo all the sentiments above, I think the word Duncan used thats sums it up for me is privilege, because it sure is one to be part of these meets and meet regularly with possibly the finest bunch of people i have ever met who are prepared to travel and give up some of their valuable time to help others. When we started these meetings people stood around a lot wondering what to do next, now it is incredible to see people just swing into action and get stuck in and within a short time we have doors off, bumpers off, seats out, wiring all over the place and happily they all go back together by the end !

A special note for any new members who come to nano meets please introduce your yourselves to the rest of us as we are so busy its not the type of meet we can just stand and chat so please move around and chat to us as we work, we want you to come and we are interested in looking at your car and you are as welcome as the existing members and will soon get into the routine and feel part of it all.

I will be speaking with Lyndon and the new pub manager over the next few days for the plans for the next one in July and keep you all updated, will also post up some of my pics later but Edd is doing one of his picture packages of the whole weekend taking in POL and the Nano which will be worth waiting for.

David you missed a good one - look forward to seeing you next time, and Col that must be a typo saying youir season is over surely ?

Nano's rule OK !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 12:01 #256 

Last edited by Trebor on 18 Apr 2011, 16:53, edited 2 times in total.

DeuxGazoles
Trebor wrote:and Col that must be a typo saying youir season is over surely ?

fraid not that's me finished :cry:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 12:11 #257 

raistlin
DeuxGazoles wrote:
Trebor wrote:and Col that must be a typo saying youir season is over surely ?

fraid not that's me finished :cry:

That's put a crimp in things Col :(

Anything you want to share with us? :confused:
Paul

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 12:18 #258 

Cowley_MOA
I got home eventually last night, after ending up at Stansted Airport- don’t ask!

I just want to say what a truly superb weekend I’ve had, and I can’t wait for the next one! Both Longbridge and the Nano were lovely hot days, so much so I’ve even ended up with mild sunburn :D

Thanks to Jake, Alan, Richard, Mick and everyone else that helped me out, it’s nice to be part of such a great community!

Now then who wants some Roast Chicken flavour crisps? :gmc:
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 12:21 #259 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Cowley_MOA wrote:I got home eventually last night, after ending up at Stansted Airport- don’t ask!

Oh dear, hope that wasn't because I suggested March instead of Peterborough. :(

Posted 18 Apr 2011, 12:29 #260