Nano-meet weekend 16 / 17 April 2011 by raistlin (Page 12 of 15)

raistlin
takestock wrote:
Gren 24 wrote:Hi,
Sorry I don't think that I will be able to make it this week-end.They have finally Said that we can Bury Mum so the Funeral is this Thursday.We only got permission last Friday at about 5 pm.So I may be doing the final thing at the week-end.

Would like to say thanks for the members that sent there condolences and to Duncan for the offer of Help.Much appreciated.

Hope the weather is fine for you,know you will all have a good time so all the best.

I for one will raise a glass to you and your Mum on Sat night :)

Yes, a pause for thought.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 11 Apr 2011, 18:30 #221 

goodlittlewifey
takestock wrote:
goodlittlewifey wrote:Are you bringing bottles of wine Dave, for sipping round the camp fire

Oh yes, without a doubt, not sure what sipping means though ;) :D

We,ll bring a couple of bottles as well, make sure that no-one suffers dehydration

Posted 11 Apr 2011, 19:08 #222 

Trebor
goodlittlewifey wrote:A quick couple of questions,last time people camped at Four ashes were the toilets open overnight, I know the last nano we attended, the toilets were shut during the day ,due to the young lads playing football, and are we having a BBQ on the Sunday,if the weather is good, last time the snack bar was meant to be open, but the pub forgot to staff it, the same as the poor chef didnt know we were going ,till that night, they did remarkably well , seeing they didnt get a lot of notice that they needed to feed the five thousand.

I have just been to the Four Ashes with Lyndon to confirm the final arrangements and at the same time as telling you what they are i would like to adress Heather's concerns above:

Meal order handed in and the food will be ready at 8pm on Saturday, that should give people plenty of time to get back to the venue from POL

The toilets will be open overnight, the only reason that they were closed last time during the day is because the toilet block is also the football changing rooms so for security reasons thay are locked as valuables inside ( thats not a reflection on us its just the norm and common sense ) During the day however the toilets in the pub are open. At this meet there is no football until 2pm so it shouldnt be any problem at all

There are no plans fro a BBQ as we will be too busy dismantling cars, we have agreed that the snack bar will be open just for us starting between 9 and 9.30 am on Sunday morning and the pub does a carvery Sunday lunch should anyone want that option. The snack bar didnt open on time before as a member of staff didnt turn up which was no fault of ours or the pub, so they didnt forget to staff it as said above

Re the Saturday meal on the last occasion - more innacuracies above i am afraid - we did everything necessary to tell the pub in advance how many would be going and we arranged to give them the order at a certain time on Saturday which we did, even to the point of them asking for the order even earlier which we also did, i think they were short staffed on that occasion but making the assumption that they had little notice without knowing the facts as they happened is wrong. I apologise if i have misunderstood the point of that comment but it did cast some doubt on our organising skills which are untrue and i need to put right.

I will be at the Four Ashes on Friday with Lyndon at about 3.30pm pitching my tent, i expect Jake and Lewis to arrive at around the same time to do the same and anyone one else is ok to do the same either then or later - camping is free.

We will be camping and hold the nano on the small field so as you enter the car park turn immediate right and follow your nose

Fingers crossed for the weather to make this a great weekend
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 12 Apr 2011, 18:23 #223 

raistlin
Thanks for the update Rob :)

I'll probably pop over on the Friday for a while as well as the Saturday :)

Might even turn up on the Sunday ;)
Paul

Posted 12 Apr 2011, 18:35 #224 

goodlittlewifey
Hi Rob.
I think you misunderstood my comments, this was in no way directed at the organisers from this site,
Im only stating what we were told by bar staff and the chef,last time, that the chef hadnt been told by the pub management, that we were going that night,which is why meals coming out was a bit chaotic, I dont doubt that your organisation was perfect,
Also the Sunday morning staff said that the boss hadnt told them that the snack bar was meant to be open, so cover hadnt been provided. yet again no reflection on you, and I apologise unreservedly if you thought this was aimed at you. that was most certainly not my intention
thank you for answering my other questions

Posted 12 Apr 2011, 18:47 #225 

Trebor
no problem Haether thanks for your post
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 12 Apr 2011, 19:01 #226 

stevemac
Thanks for the info Rob. As I can't make PoL I expect to arrive at the pub around 6ish. I will bring some wood to burn as well. Is there anywhere to have breakfast on the Sunday morning?
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 06:04 #227 

Trebor
Hi Steve,

The pub outside snack bar will open from 9am-9.30 as stated, there is also a " bostin " truckstop cafe about 2 miles away if you want a full English plus there will be other places and you can get the local knowledge on any of those on Saturday night
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 11:20 #228 

stevemac
Trebor wrote:Hi Steve,

The pub outside snack bar will open from 9am-9.30 as stated, there is also a " bostin " truckstop cafe about 2 miles away if you want a full English plus there will be other places and you can get the local knowledge on any of those on Saturday night

I was kinda drifting towards the full english :em:
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 12:03 #229 

Duncan
suzublu wrote:
Duncan wrote:OOh, some food for thought there. Golf cart has some plusses: big wheels, three contact points for stability, foldable for transport too.!

My first impression was it would be hard to modify, but as I think about the idea is growing legs. Thanks

Duncan,hi,just been catching up on things,& i may be a little late,but, did you get a golf trolley for your project? I have an electric one i no longer use if it's of any use? I also have a normal one i think? Ronnie

No, not got anything so far.

I saw a few electric ones and thought it sounded OTT, but actually to have an 'on board' 12v battery is probably a good thing as it might free me from needing to be by a generator.

How much would you be after? We can discuss on Sunday maybe?

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 12:28 #230 

Duncan
Trebor wrote:Hi Steve,

Some from the further reaches of the country may need to look up 'Bostin' I fear!

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 12:31 #231 

suzublu
Duncan wrote:
suzublu wrote:
Duncan wrote:OOh, some food for thought there. Golf cart has some plusses: big wheels, three contact points for stability, foldable for transport too.!

My first impression was it would be hard to modify, but as I think about the idea is growing legs. Thanks

Duncan,hi,just been catching up on things,& i may be a little late,but, did you get a golf trolley for your project? I have an electric one i no longer use if it's of any use? I also have a normal one i think? Ronnie

No, not got anything so far.

I saw a few electric ones and thought it sounded OTT, but actually to have an 'on board' 12v battery is probably a good thing as it might free me from needing to be by a generator.

How much would you be after? We can discuss on Sunday maybe?

Hi Duncan,as you may well be using it for the benefit of members,i feel i may as well donate it to the club as it were,if that's ok?I'm coming down on sat. with Colin,will bring it with me.

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 12:52 #232 

Trebor
Bostin well it err means well Bostin really or super smashing great
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 19:01 #233 

raistlin
Trebor wrote:Bostin well it err means well Bostin really or super smashing great

You mean that some people have never seen "Auf wiedersehen Pet"? ;)
Paul

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 19:07 #234 

DeuxGazoles
I like the word Bostin...........This orange flavour cuppa soup's bostin :D
But there's no substitute for phrases like How thon gansy's a bobby dazzler :lol:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 08:01 #235 

raistlin
OK, just checking.

I need to bring:-

HDD for Duncan

Ladder for Bernard

Workbench for Duncan.

FBH (Fuel burning heater.) module for Rob

Have I agreed to bring anything else for anybody else please? :) :confused:
Paul

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 15:25 #236 

Trebor
Weather forecast for the weekend is not too bad, dry and cloudy on Friday, dry with some sun most of Saturday until late on and then very early rain shower on Sunday with Sun all the way after that
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 16:46 #237 

woolleysox
raistlin wrote:OK, just checking.

I need to bring:-

HDD for Duncan

Ladder for Bernard

Workbench for Duncan.

FBH module for Rob

Have I agreed to bring anything else for anybody else please? :) :confused:

any old fivers you dont want would be bostin thanks :cheers: :cheers::unionflag:
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 19:26 #238 

DeuxGazoles
Siggghhhh Sorry folks it's all gone horribly wrong & I cant make it this weekend :em: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 15 Apr 2011, 11:11 #239 

Trebor
thats a real shame Col, you will be missed
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 15 Apr 2011, 11:17 #240