Nano-meet weekend 16 / 17 April 2011 by raistlin (Page 7 of 15)

Merl
raistlin wrote:
Merl wrote:Though if I am fitting mine they will probably end up flapping and I will take off.... ;)

Not if you use a properly constructed loom surely :confused: :lol:

I have upmost good faith in your skills it is my skills and luck that I am questioning... though if things happen in 3s... rear springs went, engine blew up and passenger door got scratched so that is the 3!

Though if we could create a flying car that would be awsome!
Martin

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 21:05 #121 

Duncan
Merl wrote:Right then so it isn't as simple as unclipping the old ones and stretching these over the uncovered seats...

Not quite. Indeed the foam is the bit you sit on or your back rests on. What happens is the covers are fixed to the foams using hog rings. This is what keeps the centre panel in the right place instead of flapping about. Basically the pink strip in the photo, with holes in it, fastens to loops embedded in the foam. Almost impossible to describe, blooming obvious when you see it.

some of the old hog rings are there but if cable ties work thats fine by me! cable ties are great things :D

Now time to run and hide!!

I think I might invest in some pliers and rings. Old rings arent worth the hassle of reusing. Could you bring some cable ties in case we decide to use them, or my tool doesn't arrive?

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 21:06 #122 

Merl
Duncan wrote:
Merl wrote:Right then so it isn't as simple as unclipping the old ones and stretching these over the uncovered seats...

Not quite. Indeed the foam is the bit you sit on or your back rests on. What happens is the covers are fixed to the foams using hog rings. This is what keeps the centre panel in the right place instead of flapping about. Basically the pink strip in the photo, with holes in it, fastens to loops embedded in the foam. Almost impossible to describe, blooming obvious when you see it.

I think that makes sense :geek: so good job of describing it!

Duncan wrote:
Merl wrote:some of the old hog rings are there but if cable ties work thats fine by me! cable ties are great things :D

Now time to run and hide!!

I think I might invest in some pliers and rings. Old rings arent worth the hassle of reusing. Could you bring some cable ties in case we decide to use them, or my tool doesn't arrive?

I can do that no problem :) have to let me know about other costs if you go for the rings and pliers. Just one question.... What size cable ties?
Martin

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 21:13 #123 

Duncan
I'll have to check the size. Medium springs to mind, but that's no help! :gmc:

4mm seems about right but I'll check.

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 21:19 #124 

Bernard
I usually carry a load of assorted sized cable ties along with nuts, bolts, washers, self tapping screws, latex gloves etc.
I'm good at synchronising the mirrors; every one I've been involved with has been wrong so far. No maybe we got Les's right first time when we met in the barn late last year.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 21:56 #125 

Duncan
Bernard wrote:I usually carry a load of assorted sized cable ties along with nuts, bolts, washers, self tapping screws, latex gloves etc.

Presumably to fix my OHs shoulder as agreed?

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 22:05 #126 

Merl
Duncan wrote:I'll have to check the size. Medium springs to mind, but that's no help! :gmc:

4mm seems about right but I'll check.

Ok cheers, I am sure I have some already of varying sizes but it is bedlam here as my parents are finally moving out...

If not easy enough to buy some more :)
Martin

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 22:19 #127 

Bermudan 75
Mick wrote:
raistlin wrote:
Mick wrote:
raistlin wrote:I've just counted up and surprised to see 25 names already :D

Nearly enough for a Nano National....................

S'OK I know where it is :gmc:

If you want to adopt it as the Community national meet Mick, let me know and I'll ask the other nanomeeters :)

Thank you for the offer. I think it is better left entirely in the hands of the originators. That way there are no partisan issues and you can broadcast it across multiple forums. As you know we are persona non grata on the main MRG forums. :)

I thought this was the main friendly MRG Forum?????

:clap:

Mike

Posted 16 Mar 2011, 16:55 #128 

Bermudan 75
Mick wrote:
raistlin wrote:Dammit. Put my foot in it again.

Not at all, it was a very thoughtful offer. This community forum will of course always do whatever we can to promote the Nano Meets. To my mind the best independently organised meets bar none.

Someone mention a community bar? :cheers:

Posted 16 Mar 2011, 17:03 #129 

Duncan
OK Merl. Hog ring pliers and Hog rings just delivered by none other than our vicar. Should be a go.

Incidentally, are the backs of the seats, solid, or soft?

Posted 18 Mar 2011, 17:10 #130 

Merl
Ok cool so a bit of experimenting ;)

erm they seem soft... well its all material with no foam bits...
Martin

Posted 18 Mar 2011, 17:16 #131 

Duncan
Right. Soft backs are better, as they are easier. Some 75s have a separate, plastic back that clips on and they are a pain to get off. The later 75s it's a one piece cover made of the same material as the sides.

Experimenting, yes I like that too especially on someone elses car.....

Time to start worrying methinks. (You, not me).

Posted 18 Mar 2011, 17:33 #132 

Merl
Well I hope they are soft... and it's ZT seat covers so could be different again? :p

Hehe well will be there getting in the way... I mean helping ;)

Hehe life is too short for worrying!
Martin

Posted 18 Mar 2011, 17:44 #133 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi
Can the list at the top please be updated and add my name as i turn up for the sunday thanks :hail:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 18 Mar 2011, 23:56 #134 

raistlin
Arctic wrote:Hi
Can the list at the top please be updated and add my name as i turn up for the sunday thanks :hail:

Done :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 09:32 #135 

Chartermark
Paul,

I don't think I'm on the list for April, but please add me to the list.

Martin

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 20:55 #136 

raistlin
Chartermark wrote:Paul,

I don't think I'm on the list for April, but please add me to the list.

Martin

Will do Martin
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 21:06 #137 

JohnDotCom
It is with great regret I am not going to get to this meet, or get anything done on car!
Work commitments means no possibilty of attending now. :hissyfit:
Still at least I know there will be more and in Summer weather.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 21:21 #138 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Bummer regarding the meet John, Excellent that you will be fully back at work.

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 21:34 #139 

takestock
JohnDotCom wrote:It is with great regret I am not going to get to this meet, or get anything done on car!
Work commitments means no possibilty of attending now. :hissyfit:
Still at least I know there will be more and in Summer weather.

Bugger, looking forward to seeing you again my mate, it's been too long. Just to confirm we will be at premier inn sat am, longbrige all day , booked into travelodge sat night for the four ashes pis...... sorry, evening meeting.

You could always ring in sick............maybe not :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 21:54 #140