Nano-meet tool box by raistlin

raistlin
I'm looking for inspiration again please :)

I've invested quite a sum in PTT, precision termination tooling, AKA crimpers, for use at nano-meets and I know from experience when I was in the RAF that they rapidly degrade in performance and accuracy if not cared for.

We used to use specially manufactured laser cut foam pads which cost an arm and at least a couple of legs so that method isn't open to me.

I've just got myself a plastic tool box which is of a perfect size to contain all of my PTT but my problem is, how do I secure them in place and make sure they don't bounce about inside the box when taking them to nano-meets.

Any suggestions please? I've searched through fleabay for ideas but nothing leaps out at me.

Any ideas gratefully received :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 15 Jul 2013, 19:15 #1 

1gp
foam cut to size...

Posted 15 Jul 2013, 20:36 #2 

Mad-Monkey
You can get pre-cut foam thats in hundreds of cubes joined by little tabs. You simply pull of the cubes a few at a time to create as close a surround as possible. Used to store my camera gear in it. Not sure where you get it from though... eBay??

Posted 15 Jul 2013, 21:24 #3 

raistlin
Thanks both. I was trying to find the very stuff you mentioned David but can't find it on fleabay
Paul

Posted 15 Jul 2013, 21:56 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)

Posted 15 Jul 2013, 22:02 #5 

Mad-Monkey

That's the stuff I was thinking of! Interesting name! :)

Posted 16 Jul 2013, 06:50 #6 

raistlin
I never thought to search for "pick and pluck" :lol: Thanks Mick. That'll do nicely.
Paul

Posted 16 Jul 2013, 07:56 #7