Nano-meet Sunday 13th March - Venue Confirmed by raistlin (Page 1 of 14)

raistlin
Hi all,

Following soundings at Chasewater today, we've decided to see if there would be interest in a nano-meet on Sunday 13th March. Mid-April seems to long for some jobs that need doing ;)

This would probably be at the nursery close to where Rob lives although nothing's decided yet until we get an idea of numbers and it would be the old style, one day event, just to fill in before April's extravaganza :)

Venue now confirmed as Teddybears Nursery, WS6 6AT

Might be a good way to get back into the swing of things maybe for the aviationally challenged? :gmc:

Please post if you're interested.

So far:-

Rob (Trebor)

Paul (Raistlin)

Duncan

Steve (Devilish)

Mick

James (James.uk)

JDC (John)

Les (Gren 24)

Rob (Woolleysox)

Bernard

Dennis (RovingDennis)

Mick (Wide Load)

Lyndon (Wolves 75)

Ben (TyphoonTT)

John & Amy (johnwh74)

Lates (lates600.com)

Martin (Chartermark)

Col (DeuxGazoles)

Merl

Stephen (starbug2)

Posted 30 Jan 2011, 20:12 #1 

Last edited by raistlin on 10 Mar 2011, 20:24, edited 20 times in total.

JohnDotCom
Could be pushing my luck for this one unless anyone is passing North Wales en-route?
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 30 Jan 2011, 21:53 #2 

DeuxGazoles
But it clashes with the all important O/C National Meet :mrgreen: :gmc:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 30 Jan 2011, 22:05 #3 

JohnDotCom
Didn't know they had one, thanks for letting us know but up to original poster what he sets up date wise etc.
Know where I would prefer to be.
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 30 Jan 2011, 22:20 #4 

DeuxGazoles
I was just being cheeky :gmc:

Posted 30 Jan 2011, 22:21 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
DeuxGazoles wrote: I was just being cheeky :gmc:

Consider yourself severely chastised. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Posted 30 Jan 2011, 23:29 #6 

DeuxGazoles
I'll stand in the corner & think about what I've done :roll:

Posted 30 Jan 2011, 23:58 #7 

raistlin
I thought you were joking Col.

Apparently it DOES clash with a national meet elsewhere :(

I wonder what they were thinking of at Chasewater today.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 31 Jan 2011, 00:05 #8 

DeuxGazoles
Joking? Meeee? the 3rd Duke of Diesel Towers :D

Probably accidental, but like John I know where I'd rather go but sadly I doubt I can make it (saving up for the April one)

Posted 31 Jan 2011, 00:15 #9 

raistlin
DeuxGazoles wrote:Probably accidental,

It certainly was... at least I hope it was :confused: I had no hand, believe it or not, in the choice of dates. Rob told me the chosen date after he got home from the Chasewater meet.
Paul

Posted 31 Jan 2011, 00:30 #10 

Devilish
Me Meeeee, can we have a BBQ, I will bring a wood burner, and the BBQ if neded

So far:-

Rob (Trebor)

Paul (Raistlin)

Duncan ( if available)

Meeee (Devilish)
If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

Posted 31 Jan 2011, 10:15 #11 

Last edited by Devilish on 31 Jan 2011, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

Devilish
DeuxGazoles wrote:Joking? Meeee? the 3rd Duke of Diesel Towers :D

Probably accidental, but like John I know where I'd rather go but sadly I doubt I can make it (saving up for the April one)

Well Paul, we all checked our mobile phone diary, I checked mine twice, and did not see the national meet in it :D

Posted 31 Jan 2011, 10:17 #12 

Last edited by Devilish on 31 Jan 2011, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.

Devilish
I can smell the BBQ already, and feel the warmth.

We need a cook.....ahem

Posted 31 Jan 2011, 10:19 #13 

Mad-Monkey
Rob (Trebor)

Paul (Raistlin)

Duncan ( if available)

Meeee (Devilish)

David (Monk) (80% sure I can make it :) )

Posted 31 Jan 2011, 10:42 #14 

Trebor
it was accidental re the dates but i can understand how it might be construed so i have posted this on the club site:

Originally Posted by Reebs
That would of course clash with the Club's National Meet.

There was never an intention to take members away from the National, we came up with the date at the Chasewater Meet yesterday as we wanted to do a nano before the April one which will follow the Pride of Longbridge.

I am not going to the National meet on this occasion simply because of the distance it is from where I live and I know a few members in the West Midlands feel the same, although I appreciate that the Nationals have to move around the country and well done for posting both meets up early which has long been a contentious issue.

The nano may well be a very small meet on this occasion which is why I have said it might be opposite where i live as opposed to the larger venue of the Four Ashes and anyone who decides not to go to the national meet will be welcome.

As many members will know the nano meets were originally Raistlins idea and have since been developed further by the both of us and although he is banned from this club he will still be actively involved in these meets via the Community forum, as i will be via this club.

We want the members of both to be welcome at our meets so posting on just one will not be an option, and although this can sometimes get complicated, there is no dates clash for community members but to have not posted the opportunity on here for any members not going to the national meet would have been wrong.

(NB : just in case there are any conspiracy theorists out there Raistlin was not at Chasewater yesterday and was not aware of the date of 6 March until I returned home and contacted him )

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 31 Jan 2011, 12:52 #15 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Put me down as a possible lads, I don't mind cooking.:) Depends entirely on how the finances are as it's over a hundred miles.

Posted 31 Jan 2011, 12:58 #16 

Duncan
Mick wrote:Put me down as a possible lads, I don't mind cooking.:) Depends entirely on how the finances are as it's over a hundred miles.

Hope your Fiancee get's better soon.

:gmc:

Posted 31 Jan 2011, 13:15 #17 

raistlin
We have a couple of names from elsewhere as well :)

Seems like a nice little meet coming up :)
Paul

Posted 31 Jan 2011, 13:37 #18 

JohnDotCom
Anyone coming from a bit further north that could come via North Wales and return,
Would pay half of your trip and all of diversion total fuel bill to event.
John

Posted 31 Jan 2011, 13:50 #19 

Trebor
BBQ sounds good to me too, if Steve brings the fire we could all just bring something to burn, i mean put on it, and i still have Micks BBQ tools from last year that he can claim back if he makes the meet
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 31 Jan 2011, 16:58 #20