Nano-meet Sunday 13th March - Venue Confirmed by raistlin (Page 14 of 14)

Duncan
Merl wrote:

Now then if you want windows installing, pc's cleaned out etc I'm your man!

Fantastic. Are you at the next Nano?

I have a replacement window for my tourer. The left rear, with TV aerial in it. I did one once and got covered in black shxx and had to call someone out to fix it.

:gmc:

Posted 14 Mar 2011, 22:24 #261 

Merl
lol doh, knew someone would pick up on that lol. Same thing happened when I did my mates pc... opened it up and got covered in black shxx
Martin

Posted 14 Mar 2011, 22:44 #262 

Chartermark
Just got back from a friends at Leamington Spa, after the meet at Teddy's on Sunday. Had my 'remote' updated so now as well as operating the lighting functions, it also works 2 of the 'memory settings' on the drivers seat.

I never realised how much I'd struggled in the last year or so as my mobility has decreased, until I used the last named improvement.

I'd actually begun to think that maybe the '75' was just 'a bridge too far' to drive, and that unthinkably we'd have to part?

Now it's a pleasure to get in and out of again.

How fortunate I've been in my life to meet two such talented and altruistic people as Paul (Raistlin), and Duncan.

They both worked all day without a break helping people, ( a la James). As long shadows were falling and a nip in the air was telling us to go, there was Duncan unpacking his tools, for the umpteenth time to help.

As I drove off, heater on full, I saw the dim shape of Paul clad in a 'T' shirt, head under bonnet - what a pair!

Thank you chaps, and Rob (Trebor) for rescuing me yet again, with the 'Glue gun' and a deft hand in the right place,

Lovely to see many of you again, and to meet 'James' and 'Baggie' for the first time also.

See you all in April ...

Martin

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 21:22 #263 

baggie9
Had a great time,fresh air done me good had a good night sleep on sunday.Tnanks to Gren for sorting my headlight out and nice to meet some new faces 2 diesels,the doncaster chap and his wife,mr edd and martin,Russell .

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 21:49 #264 

James.uk
And --- I fitted the switch JDC gave me and I now have my "snowflake" back.. Good innit.. :thumbsup: Thanks John.. :cheers:

I would also like to thank Colin (2diesels in French I think) for jumping in with me and sharing the "long way round" trip in case I needed a co- driver. That made his total journey miles 720 !!. And he did in fact, drive us back to JDC's house adding another 130 odd miles to his already 325 miles of driving... Cheers Colin.. :thumbsup:

Posted 16 Mar 2011, 00:37 #265 

Bermudan 75
Trebor wrote:well it is probably chez Raistlin but there was only 3 of us to witness the first ever one, and it was no mean feat to adopt Mikes powerfolds on the day, but it had to grow from there

and the said powerfolds are still working, must get round to change the glass with the arabic lettering, think it says, Gadaffi is a ****.

Sounds like you all had a great meet, :thumbsup: wish I had been able to attend, :hissyfit:

:cheers:

Mike

Posted 16 Mar 2011, 14:43 #266 

raistlin
I've just been posted the link for Mr Edd's photo montage on the club forum.

I don't think he's a member on here so if anybody with "dual nationality" would care to leave him a message on the club forum expressing how impressed I am with his pictures, I'd be obliged :)

Thanks.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Mar 2011, 20:42 #267 

Mick
(Site Admin)
That's a bit elitist. :gmc:

Why not post the link here? Or would you prefer he do it himself?
I'm sure we'd all like to see them. :)

Posted 18 Mar 2011, 20:45 #268 

raistlin
Mick wrote:That's a bit elitist. :gmc:

How can you say that? This is ME we're talking about ;)

Mick wrote:Why not post the link here? Or would you prefer he do it himself?
I'm sure we'd all like to see them. :)

Not really my decision to make Mick. If he's not a member here perhaps he doesn't want a link here. Not everybody likes us you know :confused:

Perhaps somebody with a foot in both camps might ask?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Mar 2011, 20:50 #269 

takestock
You have a Pm ;)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 18 Mar 2011, 21:27 #270 

JohnDotCom
No I haven't, well not since earlier one. :lol:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 18 Mar 2011, 21:59 #271 

Trebor
Paul - i have passed your comments onto Edd and asked permission to post a link on here so watch this space
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 18 Mar 2011, 23:00 #272 

Trebor
Here is the link by kind permission of Edd, i have copied it over from the 75 Club

Its a 16 minute very professional show and captures all that is good about the nano meets imo, so watch and enjoy.

Edd passes on his thanks for all the kind comments so far

http://www.photodex.com/share/mredd/8mm99mg4
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 08:35 #273 

Mick
(Site Admin)
What a shame it is a Windoze only presentation. never mind. :(

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 09:40 #274 

Trebor
Mick wrote:What a shame it is a Windoze only presentation. never mind. :(

what does that mean in English Mick, can you not view it ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 10:05 #275 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Trebor wrote:

what does that mean in English Mick, can you not view it ?

I can view it if I care to spend $79.00 on Parallels or VM ware emulation software and buy a copy Windows 7 operating system. I could then run Windows in emulation mode on Mac.
Alternatively I could load Boot Camp which is free Mac software supplied by Apple and then buy a copy of Windows 7 to contaminate the Boot Camp partition.

In a essence Photodex does not support Apple operating systems thus cutting themselves off from 20% of the US computer market and 10% of the worldwide computer market.

They have been saying since 2007 that are going to produce a Mac plugin, I guess they just can't be bothered.

Anyway I was there and I don't think I missed much. :D :D Thanks for asking.

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 10:15 #276 

takestock
Probably just as well you cannot view it Mick, you couldn't stand the nakedness :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 11:43 #277 

starbug2
takestock wrote:Probably just as well you cannot view it Mick, you couldn't stand the nakedness :D

i missed that bit :shock: but i am seen in it... fully clothed i might add :lol:

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 16:56 #278 

Chartermark

Yup same for me of course...

Never mind, for April I won't forget my camera (as I did this time!)

Posted 19 Mar 2011, 21:08 #279