My Susie Connie Se by Arctic

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi a couple of pics of my third lady but the best of the bunch as she only purrs and does not grumble and is very comfy :lol: , she is seafrost blue with serpants wheels but at the moment she is after some new shoes her discs may also need looking at and she definitely wants some spring putting in her back end as one as cracked in two places :roll: , she must have been like this when i aquired her about five months ago anyway thats enough about her for now lets see her in some pose's, as you can see her posteriordoes not show the bad spring :) as she sits well. Arctic

Susie having some beauty treatment before

After the treatment
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 12:22 #1 

Duncan
Beautiful car. But I would say that wouldn't I.

Rear springs are not that hard to DIY. I did mine recently and since I had to have new springs, too the opportunity to fit some OE load levelling shocks being sold cheap and the right springs to go with them (justified as I had to pay for the springs anyway).

Link to some levelling shocks here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-Rover-75-ZT-Re ... 5642dcf72c

but you may have them anyway

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 20:32 #2 

Chartermark
Looks superb, I wish I'd the option of a tourer when I got mine. May I ask what you used under the bonnet?

I've tried a few things over the years and once the 'sheen' has gone off I found the finish went a bit yellow, but I know there's some great new products around that retain the 'new' look.

Martin

Posted 17 Mar 2011, 12:02 #3 

raistlin
Very nice car :)

I took the opportunity to have a closer look at last weekend's nano-meet and was very impressed :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 17 Mar 2011, 12:43 #4 

Arctic
(Trader)
Chartermark wrote:Looks superb, I wish I'd the option of a tourer when I got mine. May I ask what you used under the bonnet?

I've tried a few things over the years and once the 'sheen' has gone off I found the finish went a bit yellow, but I know there's some great new products around that retain the 'new' look.

Martin

Hi Martin i cleaned it with halfords engine spy clean, then rubbed it dry with lint free cloth finaly sprayed it with Gunk Engine Laquer took about an hour 30mins mind it was not that dirty do the laquer in 20min intervals allowing it to dry about 3 coats will do fine. Arctic :clap:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 18 Mar 2011, 13:28 #5 

Last edited by Arctic on 30 Apr 2011, 15:34, edited 1 time in total.

Arctic
(Trader)
Duncan wrote:Beautiful car. But I would say that wouldn't I.

Rear springs are not that hard to DIY. I did mine recently and since I had to have new springs, too the opportunity to fit some OE load levelling shocks being sold cheap and the right springs to go with them (justified as I had to pay for the springs anyway).

Link to some levelling shocks here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-Rover-75-ZT-Re ... 5642dcf72c

but you may have them anyway

Hi Ducan.
Think i already have them are these the same :confused:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 18 Mar 2011, 13:38 #6 

Duncan
Not exactly! Unless I'm mistaken the photo is of a front shocker (I can see the roll b ar droplink, you don't fool me that easily).

The self levellers are on the rear. They are quite a bit thicker (wider? fatter?) than the standard shocks. You can tell if the car was fitted with them from the factory by looking at the label under the rear seat, which you'll need to do to get the right springs anyway.

Posted 18 Mar 2011, 15:18 #7 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Ducan.
:lol: Sorry i uploaded the wrong photo from my tiny pic. took this one today when i was cleaning the rust from the brake caliper etc. and underneath the car in general. :em: is the RG and colour code paint on the spring not the id you need to replace the springs. :confused:
before cleaning

After a good clean

Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 18 Mar 2011, 21:41 #8 

Duncan
Yes, you are right you can see the code and colours on your springs, but that's not always the case.

You don't have self levellers, as that spring is the normal version.

As I was buying springs, and suspected one day I'd need dampers too, I swapped the lot over in one go. Well worth it for bringing the kitchen home from Ikea!

SMC on ebay (hope Les doesn't mind being mentioned over here) have the self levelling dampers on offer, too.

Posted 18 Mar 2011, 22:06 #9 

JohnDotCom
Les doesn't mind and is a member, but "very busy" of late. :lol:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 18 Mar 2011, 23:32 #10 

Arctic
(Trader)
HI
A more recent pic of my Susie she is slowy getting there full Tcut and polish just need to sort out the underneath were the odd rust marks are starting to show through good rub down and give them a good coat of waxoil etc. :thumbsup:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 20 Apr 2011, 00:48 #11 

Arctic
(Trader)
More upto date photos now fitted with Croft door finishers. :-D thanks to Lost soul,

Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 30 Apr 2011, 15:44 #12 

Arctic
(Trader)
Most recent pic of Susie,
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 24 May 2011, 23:31 #13