My next bit of electrickery by raistlin

raistlin
On the face of it, a simple device. Looking at the logic required, maybe just a tad more involved.

I now have speed locking enabled on VeeKay, a case of having to bearing in mind some of the areas I drive in :(

What really gets up my hooter though is the fact that when you switch off the ignition, you have to double unlock the drivers door, and if you want anything from the back of the car, press the centre console unlock button.

I know it's a minor gripe but it's not how I want it to work and, with Duncan's help, my intention is to build a device that will unlock the doors when you switch the ignition off IF, they are still locked. The device will sense the doors speed locking and will arm the device. If the device senses an unlocking pulse, it will dis-arm the device so it will, at all times, be aware of the lock / unlock state of the car, ensuring that there are no spurious unlock attempts made when the car doors are unlocked anyway. Clearly, when the ignition is switched off, the device will reset.

If the doors are unlocked with the ignition still on (ie engine running) and are re-locked by pressing the centre console button, this will re-arm the device.

Should require wiring to permanent 12v, ignition controlled 12v, earth, lock pulse sense, unlock pulse sense, unlock output pulse.

So, a mere six wires :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 28 Sep 2012, 19:18 #1 

Trebor
Sounds good Paul, it will also help with passengers grabbing and almost pulling of the inside door handle not realising it is once to unlock and once to open , and another issue i have is if i have to reach back in and open the back doors via the centre console my mirrors fold in and are out of sequence.

Presumably it will work with the ultimate remote, if so cant wait to tell Christine !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 28 Sep 2012, 20:44 #2 

Dave
Makes sense! I've always thought that ignition off should unlock the doors (ie ignition still on, you can't be car-jacked, but turn it off, and you can get out!)

Posted 28 Sep 2012, 21:08 #3 

Wheelnut
As a full time taxi driver for my kids, that would be god-send :hissyfit:
Have a trip down memory lane!
On our website
http://www.pastreunited.com/.

Posted 30 Sep 2012, 08:14 #4 

raistlin
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 03 May 2014, 18:03 #5