My New Wheels by Dallas

Dallas
Yes! new wheels :thumbsup: but don't get to excited as they are only 16" Unions, but what a set of Unions they are. 8-) they even have 4 like new 215/55/16 Firestone's tyres on, so I am very very happy indeed. :-D

They are like new! not even a scuff or scratch, not even been kerbed at all (not even once). :clap: They came from a 2003 53 plate Rover 75 Tourer 1.8, the car was stunning in outstanding condition but sadly the car had suffered HG failure and bottom crank had gone.

So I will be putting the wheels on at the weekend and I will get some pictures up, the MOT is next week and I was needing 2 front tyres but a new set of wheels and tyres is even better. :cheers: shame they are not 17" Serpent instead...... :lol:

There was nothing wrong with my old 15" Contour's as they are in great condition also, not been kerbed and I only put 2 new Accellera 205/65/15 Tyres on this time last year, but just wanted something bigger with more style (but obviously its down to personal taste) when it comes to us guys and our cars aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa fellas......... :thumbsup:

Posted 05 May 2011, 21:30 #1 

Dallas
Well! I'm please for myself :D if no one else is................... :confused:

---------------------------------------

I have a question thats if anybody can help ?
Can anybody tell me what's the correct Speed Rating for my Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club (2000) 'W' plate. Tyre's are 215/55/16's, and do they need to be Extra Load (Re-enforced)

I will be most grateful for some help. :D

Posted 06 May 2011, 20:06 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
We're all very pleased for you. :)

Posted 06 May 2011, 20:15 #3 

raistlin
I'm chuffed for you mate :)

I can't answer your question though, sorry :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 06 May 2011, 20:21 #4 

Dallas
Thats just 1 or 2 then Mick as there is limited numbers here on the club, so where is everybody then ?

Anybody know about speed rating's for 215/55/16 tyres, either 93W or 97W Extra Load.

P.S Thanks Raistlin, I wanted Serpents but cannot find any anywhere......

Posted 06 May 2011, 20:24 #5 

Duncan
Please don't feel ignored, just because everyone hasn't leapt in with a response. It doesn't mean anything so please don't take it that way.

Regarding the tyres: I'm not a tyre expert, but as far as I know, the speed rating is the letter, so the speed rating W is the same for both tyres you quote. The load rating is a different thing, and the extrat load tyres are needed for things like Ca ravans, or vans that are heavy compared to cars.

Posted 07 May 2011, 19:13 #6 

Arctic
(Trader)
Anybody know about speed rating's for 215/55/16 tyres, either 93W or 97W Extra Load.

Hi Dallas.
Take a look here it may help :confused: hope so good luck type in your size.

http://www.kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual ... calculator
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 07 May 2011, 20:54 #7 

Dallas
Arctic wrote:Anybody know about speed rating's for 215/55/16 tyres, either 93W or 97W Extra Load.

Hi Dallas.
Take a look here it may help :confused: hope so good luck type in your size.

http://www.kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual ... calculator

Hah! :lol: Thanks Steve, I know about that site as posted the link many a time.

I have no problem with tyre size or the rolling radius etc, it was just the Speed and Load rating I was after that is correct for the 75 with 16" wheels and 55 tyre profile.

Its all sorted now, as its illustrated in the Rover 75 Owners Handbook on page 197......
6.5j x 16" (alloy) = 215/55/16 93W,,,,,,,,,
So this is what I was after :-D just to make sure I have the correct tyre size, speed rating and load rating...............

All is good! :-P

Posted 07 May 2011, 22:21 #8 

Dallas
Unions now on and looking good. :cheers:

7 1024x768.JPG

New Whhels 16 Unions a 1024x768.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 09 May 2011, 10:10 #9 

Mick
(Site Admin)
They improve the look of the car no end.

Posted 09 May 2011, 10:19 #10 

Dallas
Yeah! thanks Mick, they do give a better look don't they....... :-D

Posted 09 May 2011, 10:38 #11 

geesmith
:thumbsup: Very,very neat Dallas.

Posted 09 May 2011, 12:26 #12 

takestock
They look in very good condition, nice deal there :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 10 May 2011, 19:18 #13 

Bartonrover
Dallas wrote:Yeah! thanks Mick, they do give a better look don't they....... :-D

Nice wheels - but what really makes it (for me anyway) - and apart from that gorgeous Mk 1 Wedgwood paint - is that neat black sill all the way round the car. Richard Woolley didn't specify that from the beginning for nothing - soooo elegant!

Posted 11 May 2011, 19:15 #14 

Dallas
Yep! I totally agree Robert :thumbsup:

You know what else that really does it for me....... it is my lovely new buff block paved driveway :lol: goes with the wedgwood so so well.

We actually chose the buff (Tan) colour becasue of the Wedgie Blue....... :rolling: Yes! I'm so so sad......

Posted 11 May 2011, 19:48 #15 

zojosc
Car and driveway looking neat and tidy. Still my favourite wheels for a 75.
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 12 May 2011, 08:38 #16 

Dallas
Thanks Andy! :thumbsup:

Posted 12 May 2011, 11:32 #17 

MrB
I do love Unions on the 75.

Be interested to see if your fuel economy is lower with them on, like it is on mine? I was getting approx 5mpg more with the Winter Tyres on the 15" Crowns.

Didn't stop me putting my Unions back on as soon as the weather picked up though.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 12 May 2011, 14:16 #18 

baconbuttyman
Dallas, i went full circle, from Unions, to the chromes, to crowns and now... back to Unions, they look much better imho
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 16 May 2011, 09:42 #19