My LQW ZT(s) by Colin_NI

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Colin_NI
As many of you know im on my second LQW ZT. A car which I love and loved so much I replaced with an identical model. Mad prehaps, but what can you do. Firstly, my mk1 mk1! :D

Bought in May 2009, my 2.5 160+ V6, was VERY happy with the car, and cost me 2 grand with 86k on the clock and a full service history and not a mark on her.

Served me very well, and even manged a decent MPG of 33ish despite the VIS (Variable Intake System) being broke.

Bit more optimistic sometimes. ;)

I played around with the car a bit, including a tinting film for the tail/headlights....

....which looked great but was a bugger to keep clean so it came off in the end.

Sadly, she started giving strange engine noises that sounded like the big end, and I sold her on for pennies to a nice fella, who I warned that it needed work. Hes still driving it 4 months later and it still hasnt gone bang, so either I made a huge mistake or its a really strong engine! :roll:

Reduced to driving a 1.3 Fiesta Encore, I was fed up and missed my ZT when out of no where I was offered another.

For 500 quid, here was an identical 160+ V6 model (except had tow bar, sun roof and no IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German)) pack) and whilst it had no service history at all, I spent a good two hours going over the car, and decided shes worth it. Paint needs a good correction as such (dont have time as moving house!), but I managed to pass the car with a brand new MOT two weeks after getting her, and fixing the clutch with just a simple bleed, which has stayed solid since. :D

Already got various bits for her, and strangly its the car I wish my last one had been. And no VIS issues! Yet. LOL. Sadly theres some minor issues, paint needs correcting with a buffer, and drivers seat is torn, but these are things that will be fixed in time.

Hope you folks enjoyed my LQW history. :lol:
Facebook events page for NI/ROI owners -http://www.facebook.com/#%21/group.php?gid=147988158548390

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 14:34 #1 

Colin_NI
Finally started getting some things done to the ZT after clearing a few debts first.

Been trying to upgrade a lot of mechanicals, car has 117k miles on it, so its been essential maintenance on various bit, but mostly the car is rocking along nicely.

Got a 325 mm front brake set-up (190/V8) coming now having ordered some callipers on ebay to upgrade from my front 282mm ones, so hoping to get the sorted sometime before winter. (Y)

Mean time, the car just came back from SQ Design in Saintfield NI, having been repaired after being damaged in work and had mangled a sill also quite badly!

Thankfully I had the Xpower kit for the ZT sitting waiting to get painted, so they did the whole lot at once. (Y) Got a laguna splitter to go on also, as they really suit the ZT, so hoping to do that later in the week also.

Now ive just gotta set myself some springs or coilovers and I will be happy with the exterior.

Personally think it transforms the exterior of the car significantly.
Facebook events page for NI/ROI owners -http://www.facebook.com/#%21/group.php?gid=147988158548390

Posted 02 Oct 2010, 20:48 #2 

SpongeBob
I do think the side skirts add a little to the ZT. They're up on my wish-list but only when I've done everything else to the car :roll: 8-)

Posted 02 Oct 2010, 20:57 #3 

Colin_NI
Know what you mean mate. I wouldn't have them done had the car not been damaged in work!

Posted 18 Nov 2010, 05:56 #4 

calibrax
So, do you prefer the first car's chrome side trim, or the second car's black side trim?

Personally I prefer the latter, too much chrome just doesn't seem right on a ZT...
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 20 Nov 2010, 14:01 #5 

Tourerfogey
I've a feeling I might regret asking, but LQW ??

Posted 21 Nov 2010, 16:17 #6 

Bernard
Tourerfogey wrote:I've a feeling I might regret asking, but LQW ??

Midnight Blue paint code, I think.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 21 Nov 2010, 17:58 #7 

Tourerfogey
Bernard wrote:
Tourerfogey wrote:I've a feeling I might regret asking, but LQW ??

Midnight Blue paint code, I think.

Midnight Blue code is JQW but having just looked it up, LQW is anthracite which the cars above appear to be so I guess that's it!

Posted 21 Nov 2010, 18:26 #8 

James.uk
>>>Re: My LQW ZT(s)<<<

Beats having a Low IQ innit... :lol:

Posted 21 Nov 2010, 18:30 #9 

Tourerfogey
Don't know why people have to talk in code, is someone listening in? ;)

Posted 21 Nov 2010, 18:35 #10 

Bernard
calibrax wrote:So, do you prefer the first car's chrome side trim, or the second car's black side trim?

Personally I prefer the latter, too much chrome just doesn't seem right on a ZT...

Even better with black door handles!

Photo by Trebor.

Posted 21 Nov 2010, 19:37 #11 

Colin_NI
Next on my list! :D

Posted 23 Nov 2010, 02:28 #12 

Colin_NI
Small update with Betty, after two hours of farting around in the bad weather I finally fitted my club badge and laguna splitter.

I didnt go for the bumper off option, instead I went to B and Q and bought some metal bond putty, sat and mixed it up, slapped it on and left it to sit over night when I was asleep.

Today, I did the splitter and these where the results. About 15 self tapping screws (B and Q again lol) and a hack saw to trim the inch excess off each side of the bumper when fitted.

Mucky job in this weather, but when I washed the car after (and the club badge survived the jet wash after 18 hours setting, i fear its on for life now lol) I was quite pleased!

(Yes ive just noticed my bonnet is slightly off angle, I will investigate this on my next day off!)

Looks a lot lower than it really is but still lets my get up my 28 degree driveway with no hassle, and comes along very nicely with the x-power skirts and such.

Hope you like!

Colin

Posted 04 Feb 2011, 21:58 #13 

Bernard
And by strange coincidence, I also fitted a splitter to mine today!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 04 Feb 2011, 23:14 #14 

woolleysox
I must say it does look the part and not a very expensive mod.
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 06 Feb 2011, 18:55 #15 

Bernard
woolleysox wrote:I must say it does look the part and not a very expensive mod.

I've just got to adjust one side a bit as I couldn't see both at the same time. 8-)

Posted 06 Feb 2011, 19:42 #16 

Colin_NI

My favourite photo ive taken of any of my cars ive owned, very happy with that one and the Harland and Wolff cranes in the background. :}

Some photos of my ZT from recent and shes been doing all sorts!

And shes been doing daily duties and helping me clear away some junk to raise funds....

and now finally she has become the true classic legally for insurance reasons and will be going to shows and the odd special drive. The plans? A serious change in the car, every fault that has built up since I changed jobs, I now have the chance to get sorted!

Posted 04 May 2012, 18:36 #17 

Colin_NI
Some more of mine recently :)

And my attempt at making a MGR advert lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNO3aeY_Oqk&feature=autoplay&list=ULgNO3aeY_Oqk&playnext=2

Posted 26 May 2012, 22:45 #18