My first Wikipedia article by CDTi

CDTi
I have just posted my first Wiki article and I reckon its probably easier to convict someone in court.

The truth police were on patrol and my first effort was taken down within a few minutes. I'll admit it was my fault for not proving some of the facts, but the manner of the mod (or whatever they are called on there) was bordering on rude. I know they have a job to do by keeping Wiki as factual as possible but a little manners and guidance to a newbie would have been welcome. Like the mods on here, for example ;).

My second effort was eventually allowed so I think I have the hang of it now.
:ireland:

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 10:43 #1 

Zeb
Well done....never really looked at Wiki properly...you have fired my curiosity! :)

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 11:31 #2 

CDTi
Zeb wrote:Well done....never really looked at Wiki properly...you have fired my curiosity! :)
It was well worth the effort, actually. I think it could become addictive, a bit like this place :D .

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 11:40 #3 

Dave
Do you have a link?

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 17:32 #4 

CDTi
Dave wrote:Do you have a link?
Here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Duhan

I'm still having trouble with the truth police on Wiki over some of the albums. For reasons best known to them, an artist can be notable but his material not necessarily so :?

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 20:39 #5 

PaulT
CDTi wrote:
Dave wrote:Do you have a link?
Here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Duhan

I'm still having trouble with the truth police on Wiki over some of the albums. For reasons best known to them, an artist can be notable but his material not necessarily so :?

That's a little ridiculous - notable albums, such as, Rumours, 4 Symbols, Sgt Peppers ++++ stand on their own.

Plus if you watch Sky Arts they do programmes about albums - only the other night British Steel by Judas Priest.

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 20:50 #6