My 75 has been laid to rest :( by nisfo

• Related topics: (no related topics)

nisfo
Yep after over 8 years of owning her she took her last trip on the road. 105k miles of trouble free motoring, pleasuring us for work and mainly pleasure.

It was a horrible feeling when I first began to strip her for parts, but I was so intrigued to finally see what made her tick. I also found underlying problems like a corroding front chassis (not seen until removing whole front end)

I love this pic of her on 17 inch Manik platinums

And this was this afternoon, after removing everything that I thought would be of use to other owners :(

As she was taken up the road I had a nasty lump in my throat (thinking had I done the right thing?) But many offered to buy, none ever showed the cash! Only option was to try to make money back by selling her parts and weighing the rest in for £120

RIP V710 SAT unique Style Build 520....Myself and my family will miss you dearly. Many should know by now that our cars do become part of the family. Still, I shall have another some day

Posted 20 Jul 2010, 19:54 #1 

Zeb
A shame but all good things come to pass......my 1.8 may well be next. :(

Posted 20 Jul 2010, 19:57 #2 

Dallas
Paul those pics are so so sad, gutted for you buddy (I hope mine don't go that way).

.................. but still! onward and upward Paul, hows the Ford Galaxy doing mate? :P

Posted 20 Jul 2010, 20:04 #3 

nisfo
Galaxy is sweet as mate, just need to find a new blower fan...lol

Posted 20 Jul 2010, 20:27 #4 

MrB
Have sent several old friends to the scrappers in the past and it is always sad.

It's a shame you couldn't have saved the rear window - aren't they still like rocking horse sh.........??

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 20 Jul 2010, 20:29 #5 

nisfo
Didn't think I could get rear screen out as it was bonded.

But I did manage to get the whole walnut dash and console out though, in mint condition ;)

Posted 20 Jul 2010, 20:32 #6 

MrB
nisfo wrote:Didn't think I could get rear screen out as it was bonded.

But I did manage to get the whole walnut dash and console out though, in mint condition ;)

Having had the front screen replaced on mine it does look quite a job - they used some sort of wire contraption on a ratchet - very clever but it did make the break in my screen worse.

Well done for getting the dash out though - am sure someone will snap your hand off for that.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 20 Jul 2010, 20:35 #7 

Bernard
What a depressing thread, I will have that on my mind all night. :(

Where was the rust that you found if not normally visible?
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 00:50 #8 

PaulT
And how could you let it go with that most sought after part - the spacesaver spare wheel
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 06:15 #9 

nisfo
Rust was inside chassis nearest to washer bottle.

PaulT wrote:And how could you let it go with that most sought after part - the spacesaver spare wheel

I did keep the securing bolt, foam tool tray with jack, handle and wrench, all still mint

In my defence, everything has been on offer but no-one had previously mentioned it. To be fair the spacesaver wasn't in the best of conditions due to sparewheel well filling with water!!. The 75 had been sitting since December 2008, people kept saying they would buy the car, but I would have to wait for them to get the money :roll: . Well the car was in the way, and I needed shot of it as I am due to have major improvement made to my property. New driveway being one of them.

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 07:07 #10 

JakeWilson
Is that the outline of a zt seat I see?

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 15:10 #11 

Bermudan 75
Laid to rest????????? Give me the sat nav co-ordinates and we will arrange for a exhumation......

Cheers

Mike the Banned

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 17:43 #12 

Duncan
nisfo wrote:Didn't think I could get rear screen out as it was bonded.

Not that hard a job. Did my own when I replaced it. However the replacement is a pig without a powerful sealant gun.

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 18:13 #13 

Tim_B
(Trader)
Such a sorry sight. At least the parts you've salvaged will help keep others going.

I know what you mean about the lump in the throat - I was like that when I scrapped one of my old Vauxhall Firenzas many years ago.
[centre]Scratches? Stone Chips? Bumper Scuffs? contact me at http://www.scratch2shine.co.uk discounts for community members[/centre]Image

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 03:04 #14 

James.uk
I hope you buried the wheels it was sat on in the pics.. :lol: :D :stirer: :clap:

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 15:25 #15 

nisfo
James.uk wrote:I hope you buried the wheels it was sat on in the pics.. :lol: :D :stirer: :clap:

Bugga off you, they really set off the chrome on the 75, NO actually they looked better than the chrome. Many from the other forum had seen them and it inspired others to go down the bling bling shiney alloy route ;)

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 18:20 #16 

Stelad
I'm filling up!

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 23:25 #17